(Topic ID: 86935)

Gottlieb System 80B Help - Genesis

By Pinballer22

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Can I replace a 80B battery with a remote 3 AA battery pack?

When powered on a few lights and are locked on and the motor keeps spinning. I have completed the ground mods for the cab and ps. PS is running a good 5V and even though pot has not been swapped seems to adjust just fine. Bottom large cap looks to have been replaced by a previous owner. No display comes on....

ideas???

#2 9 years ago

Yes with blocking diode. It should still boot with or without

#3 9 years ago

Thanks

Also updated with other issues and still learning the Gottlieb/Premier way and looking for help. Been reading pinwiki but always could use more guidance.

#4 9 years ago

In my opinion, it sounds like the machine is a lost cause. You should probably dump it for cheap to a local pinhead. Coincidentally, I happen to have some extra cash and some extra space.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Wanted
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-80b-battery-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.