(Topic ID: 79266)

Gottlieb Corral: Price Check and What to Look For?

By dmklunk

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dmklunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I got a call today from an older gentleman near me who has a 1961 Gottlieb Corral in his garage, and he wants me to come take a look at it and hopefully I will pick it up. The oldest machine that I have dealt with is a 1971 Williams Klondike, so I'm not exactly sure what to look for. Are most EM's similar? I opened up a 1977 Gottlieb Bronco before but don't recall too much about what the insides were like. Is this going to be similar to the Williams Klondike that I own? Does Corral have the infamous Ax & Bx relays or any other infamous problems I should watch for? Just trying to get some prior knowledge before I go in there.

EDIT: Also would like an idea of what price I should pay.

Thanks for the help!

Derek

#2 10 years ago

Pretty basic em. No Ax/bx relays on this one. Lots of pop bumpers to rebuild. Roto-target will most likely need some work. If the playfield, plastics and backglass are nice grab it. Just add in basic parts it will prob. need, bumper caps, flipper rebuild, rollover guides etc. Backglass looks like it's an add-a-ball, but it's actually a replay.

#3 10 years ago

Sounds good. Any idea what I should be paying for it? The guy has no idea of the value and frankly neither do I.

Thanks,

Derek

#4 10 years ago

Super Bowl bump for a price check.

Derek

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-corral-what-to-look-for and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.