Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by akm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charlie brown.jpg
    20140313_095935.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Check out this awesome product I got with my led. Thanks terry!

20140313_095935.jpg20140313_095935.jpg
    #2 10 years ago

I was given one of those nice little red notebooks, now I jot down all the parts needed and keep in the glove box as I normally drive in to get the parts.

#3 10 years ago

Well, its not a gummy hamburger but I guess it'll do...

#4 10 years ago

sweet. im due for a package of LEDS today! Crossing my fingers.

#5 10 years ago

I just ordered a bunch of colored incandescents. Maybe I'll get the incadescent version. LOL.

#6 10 years ago

I love PBL. Best service and prices. I order a ton of stuff but never seeme to get the fun goodies ;(

#7 10 years ago

Yeah, I've had about 10-15 orders with them and never gotten anything free. Still, generally way cheaper than the other vendors but sure feels like their shipping prices may have one up over the last year or so... probably just me.

#8 10 years ago

That's why I like ordering from pinballcenter.eu - every single time we've ordered from them we get european candy. The snickers that tasted amazing (and completely different than the american version), and haribo gummies, and some other bar that I can't remember..

#9 10 years ago

I've received beer cups and a squeegie from them.

#10 10 years ago

A few years ago I placed an order with PBL online and realized less than an hour later that I forgot to include three pop bumper bodies. I phoned them right away and Terry answered the phone. After busting my balls (jokingly), a la Steve Young for a few seconds about not having my ducks in a row, he added the parts free of charge because my order had already been processed.

Class act all the way. So is Steve Young btw

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, I've had about 10-15 orders with them and never gotten anything free. Still, generally way cheaper than the other vendors but sure feels like their shipping prices may have one up over the last year or so... probably just me.

Not just you, shipping to Australia was up $15 on my last order due any day, over order placed last year. now $54
    They are a reliable supplier of a wide range of quality parts so I guess it's the price I have to pay.

#12 10 years ago

I got a 6 pack of Bud and 3 frozen pizzas....

#13 10 years ago

I LOVE pinballlife. I just wish they shipped a bit quicker.

#14 10 years ago

I think it also has to do with other places like Marco's being disgustingly overpriced (same products, higher prices) and then charging Canadians for I-ripoff shipping that gets pinballlife my business every possible time.

Not that I don't think they aren't good, it makes them look even better when others kinda... suck

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I think they ship fast. I always get my order within 2 days, sometimes 3 but very rare.

#16 10 years ago

I ordered sunday but i am also close to their locatoin

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I agree

If Marco could get their cost down a bit I would buy everything through them, fast shipping, they label all bags with part numbers so you reference them later if needed, more parts to choose from off their web site.

Bay Area has good prices like Pinball Life and their shipping is somewhat faster but their packaging is substandard.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I just wish they shipped a bit quicker.

Really? My stuff from them has always shipped quickly. Usually takes no more than one business day to prep the order and have it in the mail for me.

#19 10 years ago

we are talking about the cheapest shipping for like 6 bucks

#20 10 years ago

Dammit! ( )
    I thought I was special. I also got one of the pen/lights in my order that arrived today.

I also ordered Sunday and am located fairly close to Chicago.
    Regular USPS delivery was very inexpensive.

#21 10 years ago

I didn't get one.

#23 10 years ago

My order came Tuesday, a pretty pink pen for me

#24 10 years ago

All I was given was a hard time.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

i got a rock

Sweet, feed it pencil shavings and make it your pet...hey wait...rock, pet...a pet rock! There might be something to that!

#26 10 years ago

I love PBL. When I order, it tends to be in clumps of orders, as I always forget a thing or 3. Have placed like 4 orders in the last 3 weeks. The nice thing is, the shipping is VERY reasonable. Wish I was closer so I could just drive in to grab parts.

#27 10 years ago

I was going to say some good things about pbl, but since i didnt get one of the snazzy pens, Ive got nothing to say now

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from lapean111:

I love PBL. When I order, it tends to be in clumps of orders, as I always forget a thing or 3. Have placed like 4 orders in the last 3 weeks. The nice thing is, the shipping is VERY reasonable. Wish I was closer so I could just drive in to grab parts.

I know what you mean. It's a good thing I live three hours away or I would be visiting a lot.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from bpull:

i got a rock.

charlie brown.jpgcharlie brown.jpg
    #30 10 years ago

Just got my Mobile Lighting Device, great seller will buy again AAA+++

#31 10 years ago

Now I gotta check the box I got the other day.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I was going to say some good things about pbl, but since i didnt get one of the snazzy pens, Ive got nothing to say now

I have to say im a little disappointed as well. I just received my $60 dollar order this afternoon and no pen! Funny how the little things you look forward to. owell.

#33 10 years ago

Last year before Allentown, I was waiting for a bunch of parts for a Whirlwind, a translight too, probably a couple hundred bucks worth of parts. Anyways, a largish priority mail box showed up that had the center ripped out of it. And guess what, no parts besides some lift channel pieces. I phoned Pinballlife right away and told them what had arrived. Terry seemed pretty pissed, rightfully so, but I'll be damned, three days later all my parts showed up in a new box.

Meant a lot to me, and I've recently been buying some good led orders. My Avengers never looked better

#34 10 years ago

I just ordered a big box myself, man their prices are killer. I will stick with them... I made the noob mistake of dealing with some other company then found out they were charging four times what these guy do!

Pinball life rocks!

#35 10 years ago

the fact that is says mobile lighting device is funny. it sounds so professional.

#36 10 years ago

I have been there. Thought it would be cool to save on shipping. The toll road ate the shipping cost alone. Lets not talk about the gas I burned. Still was a good trip.

#37 10 years ago

Has everyone been getting their TILT stickers??

#38 10 years ago

I've had a number of shipments sent my way (Australia), and I find the customer service to be terrific. One order I put through charged my CC 3 times incorrectly when they changed to a different billing system, and after a (very helpful and friendly) back and forth, the error was found and they thanked me for drawing it to their attention (it was affecting all international orders). It was all corrected and my multi-hundred dollar shipment got through and arrived. However, I have to say though, and maybe I'm a bit selfish saying this, but I did expect a little extra something, gift or whatever, in my order for the 2 week ordeal (I had to work with my bank to get the charges back which wasn't very fun). But I got nothing other than what was in my order.

Again, maybe I'm being selfish. But I've dealt with many online companies and they often put in little gifts to encourage you to come back, let alone if they've had a major billing error stuff you around!

Otherwise, Pinball LIfe is great and I continue to use them exclusively (I have another order well on its way right now).

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Has everyone been getting their TILT stickers??

I got one in my order yesterday.

#40 10 years ago

Just received my package. The TILT sticker was in there, but no cool LED pen.

#41 10 years ago

I always start with PBL when I need parts. Awesome customer service.

#42 10 years ago

I bought a $5.00 part and got a cool pen!

#43 10 years ago

I got a pin and Tilt stickers last time! Marco gave a buddy of mine a free bag in his last order though. Let the battle of the free stuff begin please! I go to PBL first, then Marco. Both have excellent service and fast shipping but, Terry has better prices on a lot of more common items. I've always received my parts within 2-3 from PBL. Go Terry!

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mar:

I've had a number of shipments sent my way (Australia), and I find the customer service to be terrific. One order I put through charged my CC 3 times incorrectly when they changed to a different billing system, and after a (very helpful and friendly) back and forth, the error was found and they thanked me for drawing it to their attention (it was affecting all international orders). It was all corrected and my multi-hundred dollar shipment got through and arrived. However, I have to say though, and maybe I'm a bit selfish saying this, but I did expect a little extra something, gift or whatever, in my order for the 2 week ordeal (I had to work with my bank to get the charges back which wasn't very fun). But I got nothing other than what was in my order.
    Again, maybe I'm being selfish. But I've dealt with many online companies and they often put in little gifts to encourage you to come back, let alone if they've had a major billing error stuff you around!
    Otherwise, Pinball LIfe is great and I continue to use them exclusively (I have another order well on its way right now).

Has anyone in Australia been given gifts in their orders? My 4th order due any day, ordered late Feb....I think it must be by boat or maybe ladened down with gifts...ha ha.
    PBL packaging is top quality unlike some other suppliers....but their shipping costs are the dearest out of the US!

#45 10 years ago

It's all a matter of what he has when he has it. If you order something and he has a stock of swag, he puts it in there. If not, no swag.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

It's all a matter of what he has when he has it. If you order something and he has a stock of swag, he puts it in there. If not, no swag.

Will let you know if the swag was full or empty when order delivered next week. I'm not a lucky person usually so I expect swag was empty....at the end of the day as long as I get my order in full, all will be sweet.

#47 10 years ago

All I've ever gotten from Pinball Life is a sticker.
    I got a sample LED from Comet last week, which was only annoying because then I had to order even more damned LEDs.

#48 10 years ago

Well, there goes a quarter of my tax return check. Thanks, Pinball Life!! Ha.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gotta-love-pinballlife and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.