Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

540069_335330596516350_100001182387638.jpg
    playfield2.jpg
    playfield1.jpg
    outsidecab.jpg
    playfield1.jpg
    outsidecab.jpg
    bare_playfield.jpg
    wholegame_(1).jpg
    wholegame.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Thanks to this forum and the info you provide, I avoided a costly mistake on a clean up ES & F14 and was able to purchase a very good BSD & FT.

Both had CC PF - completely cleaned parts, replaced or cleaned plastics, replace solenoids & both were just in great shape. I also got some info from another thread and made sure the BSD PF had an SD playlist and not an LS.

Don't have them home yet, will post pictures when I do.

#2 12 years ago

Grats, great machines, enjoy!!!

#3 12 years ago

Nice!!

#4 12 years ago

Congrates on the pick up of 2 pins

#5 12 years ago

Funny thing is I have never played BSD at all, nor have I seen one before today. I bought it just because it was high up in the top 100 and it looked cool. FT I had played in the arcade but barely remembered it.

Seller's Images

wholegame.jpgwholegame.jpg wholegame_(1).jpgwholegame_(1).jpg

#6 12 years ago

Oh hell yes, 2 of my favorites!
    You will love BSD it is so badass. congrats!

#7 12 years ago

FT is a lot of fun. You should always be able to sell BSD if you don't like it--many people want this game although I don't know why. I've crushed it in competition, but not a fan of the gameplay.

#8 12 years ago

The seller took me to his basment to see his collection, just amazing. Every top game you can think of

MM
    TZ
    MB
    SS
    TOM
    STTNG
    CV
    FH
    WW
    TAF
    TS
    FG & More!

#9 12 years ago

Congrats! They both look like they're in nice condition. Do you have any plans for them?

#10 12 years ago

I hope he didn't "rape" you on the prices like that ES/F-14 thread haha...

I wish my Fishtales cab looked that good...mine is faded to shite..

#11 12 years ago

great finds!

#12 12 years ago

2 really great games, nice job. #2&3 at the same time. impressive.

#13 12 years ago

congrats! lets see pics. glad to see you waited and did not get burned on the other pins.

#14 12 years ago

Congrats on #2 and #3!!!

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

I hope he didn't "rape" you on the prices like that ES/F-14 thread haha...
    I wish my Fishtales cab looked that good...mine is faded to shite..

I did pay less then the ES/F-14 due to help from the forum.
    They were nice machines, but just really good clean up jobs and not worth the money.

I have some more seller pictures:
    bare_playfield.jpgbare_playfield.jpg
    outsidecab.jpgoutsidecab.jpg
    playfield1.jpgplayfield1.jpg

#16 12 years ago

BSD

outsidecab.jpgoutsidecab.jpg playfield1.jpgplayfield1.jpg playfield2.jpgplayfield2.jpg

#17 12 years ago

Thats an awesome looking FT playfield. Congrats bro.

#18 12 years ago

I put colored bulb condoms on the stretch the truth sign. I matched them to the inserts above the captive ball. Looks way better than all yellow IMO...

#19 12 years ago

I need suggestions for a good topper to BSG

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I've crushed it in competition, b

Define crushed, if you'd be so kind. I'm not doubting your skill. I find gameplay on bsd less than satisfying (actually, a chore) until you get the multis going all at once.

Nice three pin lineup you have, bmore

#21 12 years ago

Great pick ups! I love my BSD and I'm sure you will too.

#22 12 years ago

WOW those are 2 sweet examples of FT and BSD...I can't beleive there is no fade on that FT.....those both are keepers! B_R has the topper for BSD I like....a motorcycle helmet with bull horns...Just kidding but I noticed it in his pictures....bet it goes great with tying on a buzz.

#23 12 years ago

there is no fade in the FT cab. because it was all touched up and re-decaled

#24 12 years ago

My friends and family that are casual players hate BSD. Unless you are a decent player you can't really get anything going on it....it's only truly fun when you get multiple multiballs and jackpots going...

#25 12 years ago

I don't mind having a machine only I enjoy.
    If I end up not liking it, I will sell it. No big deal.

#26 12 years ago

I LOVE BSD....one of my fave pins that I've ever owned..

#27 12 years ago

Very nice score!!

#28 12 years ago

nice pins, grats!

when is pin #4? just kiding.... not really, when? lolll

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I've crushed it in competition.

Crushed it eh!?! Todd Tuckey @ TNT Amusements has a job for you!!!

BMore nice score! Enjoy 'em!!!

I love the PinPin video series. Too bad they film only snowboarders and not us two plankers.

http://vimeo.com/3791668

And if your FT runs into problems down the road... betcha she can help you out.

#31 12 years ago

Alright, which Pinsider sold them these two fine machines?? Fess up!!

#32 12 years ago

Smart choices.

I'm glad you made a 180 on the overpriced system 11s. Plus, these look like they are in great shape! Congrats!

#33 12 years ago

Good find. Congrats!

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

StevenP said:I've crushed it in competition, b

Define crushed, if you'd be so kind. I'm not doubting your skill. I find gameplay on bsd less than satisfying (actually, a chore) until you get the multis going all at once.
    Nice three pin lineup you have, bmore

Almost 1B, a couple of times, when other scores were no more than about 200M (many below 100M). Yes, I know that higher scores are possible, but this was head-to-head tourney play (not just "oh, I got a higher score last month!") and the game wasn't playing perfectly. (Left flipper was a bit rubbish, so the right ramp was almost impossible to make, even on a direct shot.) Yes, if you can hit the left ramp and left scoop fairly consistently, you can rack up points nicely but that doesn't make it fun imo.

#35 12 years ago

Nice grab.

I like FT alot but never really got into BSD.

Both look to be in great shape.

As for the FT tech helper. I think all girls should repair pins in skimpy clothes

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

As for the FT tech helper. I think all girls should repair pins in skimpy clothes

+1 ...that was entertaining.

#37 12 years ago

Congrats!! Enjoy.

#38 12 years ago

That FT is exactly what I'm looking for to replace my routed beater. Let me know when/if you decide to get rid of it!

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

That FT is exactly what I'm looking for to replace my routed beater. Let me know when/if you decide to get rid of it!

lol - don't even have it in the house yet

4 weeks later
    #40 12 years ago

had them both delivered last friday

540069_335330596516350_100001182387638.jpg540069_335330596516350_100001182387638.jpg

#41 12 years ago

That's a great lineup. I would take that one any day.

#42 12 years ago

Very nice, man. I wanted Whirlwind for a long time, then I saw that JP mirrors WW very much so in terms of playfield layout. Quite a shame - I love the look and feel of WW, and I just can't bring myself to having two pins that are very similar...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-my-2nd-3rd-pin-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.