(Topic ID: 88158)

Got a grail! (of sorts - New tool storage)

By SilverUnicorn

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vidmar2.jpeg
    vidmar1.jpeg
    DSCF8085.JPG
    DSCF8084.JPG
    DSCF8081.JPG
    DSCF8083.JPG
    DSCF8082.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

So I got tired of having stuff all over the place, and having 3 different parts locations and tool boxes.

This came available from a friend of mine for much less than usual price, so I jumped at it.
    11 drawer, 475 pound behemoth of a Vidmar cabinet. If this doesn't hold all my stuff, I have too much! LOL

I like it because the drawers pull out full length. Came with lots of dividers too!!
    Cant wait to fill it up!

DSCF8081.JPGDSCF8081.JPG
    DSCF8082.JPGDSCF8082.JPG
    DSCF8083.JPGDSCF8083.JPG
    DSCF8084.JPGDSCF8084.JPG
    DSCF8085.JPGDSCF8085.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Very nice box! Wow, I'd love to have one of those. Where did you find it?

#3 10 years ago

One of those would just about hold my electronic components. I could really use such a box

Nice score!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

One of those would just about hold my electronic components. I could really use such a box
    Nice score!

Just what I was thinking.....I could use one of those just for parts.

#5 10 years ago

Has a built in tip factor too, you can only open one drawer at a time....unless the mech is disabled.

#7 10 years ago

Come over and restore my pinball's

#8 10 years ago

Well, I am not a restorer by any stretch of the imagination. It will hold all my stuff just fine (I think).

I had commented on this particular unit when I bought a pin from the seller a few years back. He said if he ever got new ones he would let me know if he sold the others. I got an e-mail a few weeks ago, and the price was right, so I went for it

I was very happy he remembered I was interested.

Chris

#9 10 years ago

Wow! Very nice.

#10 10 years ago

Wow, didn't know these existed. I need one of these. I've got crap everywhere, and despite knowing I have a certain thing, I can never find I when needed.

#11 10 years ago

I just noticed these come from Stanley in Allentown, PA. Pretty cool!

#12 10 years ago

And it has wheels! Nice score. Learning the hard way that this pin collecting hobby creates a need for lots of storage.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

I just noticed these come from Stanley in Allentown, PA. Pretty cool!

Yes, this one did! Not sure, are they still in Allentown?

Quoted from dmacy:

And it has wheels! Nice score. Learning the hard way that this pin collecting hobby creates a need for lots of storage.

Indeed. I probably would not have bought it if it did not have wheels honestly. Eh, who am I kidding, I probably would have, but moving it would have been a nightmare!

Chris

#14 10 years ago

I have long fantasized about stumbling on a cheap cache of Vidmar, Lista, or Lyon cabinets. Super awesome score! Yes I have tame fantasies

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I have long fantasized about stumbling on a cheap cache of Vidmar, Lista, or Lyon cabinets. Super awesome score! Yes I have tame fantasies

You're not alone, this is now in my pinball "spank bank" as well

#16 10 years ago

LOL, you guys are crazy. Started filling the bad boy up!

Honestly, I think I might fill all the drawers between tools and parts. May need to find another one! LOL

vidmar1.jpegvidmar1.jpeg

vidmar2.jpegvidmar2.jpeg

Chris

1 month later
    #17 9 years ago

Annnnnd, it's full. And I need another one

It is amazing the amount of stuff you accumulate!

Chris

#18 9 years ago

Need. This. =|

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-grail-of-sorts-new-tool-storage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.