Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bigd1979
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0011.JPG
    creature bl.gif
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Ok so ive been looking for a pin that has more to it then my 2 gottliebs smb and wipeout i love them but want a deeper and more challenging game .Im still new to pinball and my old lady loves to play also so I dont want a super deep ruleset and impossible shots, ive gotten alot better but still far from good lol.I found a cftbl in perfect condition thats in my price range and after doin some reading seems to be a good fit for what im looking for.So my question is is there a better game that fits what i am looking for in my price range?thax for your help

#2 10 years ago

4 grand, that's like 95% of all the solid state games ever made.

#3 10 years ago

you could certainly find what you're looking for at half that price

#4 10 years ago

Get a Simpsons pinball party or lord of the rings call it a day

#5 10 years ago

Ok yea that was a pretty broad question lol would I be happy with the creature ? Im also looking for games that I can easily sell or trade when its time to get another .ive read alot of good things about it also .so what are some other games that I can easily acquire that fit my description?

#6 10 years ago

TSPP for sure.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

Get a Simpsons Pinball Party or Lord of the Rings call it a day

This is exactly what I was thinking. Just pick whichever theme you like better

#8 10 years ago

Buy a Fishtales, with $2000 worth of coins inside.

#9 10 years ago

Pick up a met pro...the ruleset is getting deeper but its fun to play and as your skills increase you will appreciate the depth.

#10 10 years ago

Ok I like Simpsons ill look into it so no love for creature its huo and has led kit its mint ? Looks like a fun game and love the drive in and mods they have for it ?but if I can get something better for the money im down remember I dont want super deep games

#11 10 years ago

Jurassic Park?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont want a super deep ruleset

Quoted from ElectricCircuit:

Get a Simpsons Pinball Party or Lord of the Rings call it a day

lol. I'd stay far away from those games given that criteria. Get the Creech, play it, sell it when you get tired of it.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol. I'd stay far away from those games given that criteria. Get the Creech, play it, sell it when you get tired of it.

This is good advice.

#14 10 years ago

Splurge and get a Rocky!!!! Only $5,000.00!

albany.craigslist.org link

#15 10 years ago

A HUO Chreech sounds right up your alley. The ruleset isn't too deep but it's more complex than your other games. White Water is another game in that price range that's fun, has midrange depth in rules, and should sell if you want to move on to something new. Simpsons and Lord of the Rings might be too deep based on what you said you were looking for. Those games are very deep in rules.

#16 10 years ago

I agree with creech, I've been seeing them around for less than 4K.

#17 10 years ago

Get the Creech, but offer less. You won't be sorry. How's the holo?

creature bl.gifcreature bl.gif
    #18 10 years ago

The holo is very green

#19 10 years ago

MET Pro all day long...

#20 10 years ago

Star Trek The Next Generation all day long, may even be able to find it around $3700-$3900

Deep as hell, with tons of awesome sounds and music that will most certainly have you coming back for more. I love mine and I don't even like star trek.

Edit: I just saw you had said you didnt want a deep rule set. Oh well

#21 10 years ago

Star Trek Pro ....you are so close

#22 10 years ago

I mean I dont want to deep rules im sure tha creech has much deeper rules than my 2gottliebs ? Also you say creech is not a 4k game? Like I said im pretty new to this hobby just from the research I did looks like 3700 to 5000 is what they sell for usually? This one is very nice no fade or marks on cabinet and no wear on play field and has all leds which I like also all working with no errors o yea the holo works perfect and is very green .I mean if you all can think of cheaper games with the same kinda toys and not so deep rule set that are easy attainable please point me in the rite direction im all ears I dont wanna make a not so good decision especially if I could get a few pins for the price of this one but it is really beautiful.

#23 10 years ago

Have tons of fun with STPRO. 500 bucks more but new machine with little maintenance. I am tired of buying 20 year old machines and spending all of my time fixing instead of playing. By the way, I just bought my first STPRO NIB and I am not a distributor.

#24 10 years ago

I have a fully working South Park that I think I might part with for 4k. It will be 14k by christmas.

#25 10 years ago

I would get an X-Men LE which you should be able to get at around $4K.

#26 10 years ago

I'll sell you my Stargate and you will have $$$ left over and keep the gottlieb theme going .

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Prefect:

I have a fully working South Park that I think I might part with for 4k. It will be 14k by christmas.

Why will it be worth so much at Christmas?

#28 10 years ago

I wouldn't mind a stargate and keeping with the gottliebs since I know how to work on them now but I wanted to try a different brand and wanted something that is easy to trade or resell when im done with it and figured this creech would be good for that because of the condition and its a nice game .you all find nice deals I never see xmen or startrek for them prices of course im on east coast where things seem to be alot more

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I would get an X-Men LE which you should be able to get at around $4K.

Really? I have not seen an LE move for that little. Maybe when the code was 'abandoned', but I doubt you'll see that now.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Why will it be worth so much at Christmas?

It's a tired Pinside joke, ignore it.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont want super deep games

Bram Stoker's Dracula is pretty fun and a challenge and isn't too deep. I would put Fishtails and Judge Dredd in the same boat.

If you want to get a brief look at what a bunch of games are like, download some Pinball Arcade games or install PinMame. Playing software versions isn't the same but I think at least it gives a rough idea of what the game is like.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Prefect:

Bram Stoker's Dracula is pretty fun and a challenge and isn't too deep. I would put Fishtails and Judge Dredd in the same boat.
    If you want to get a brief look at what a bunch of games are lke, download some Pinball Arcade games or install PinMame.

Lol yea I have the arcade on my tablet that partly what has me in this mess of wanting more pins, I bought most of the arcade ones and love them all .I enjoy every pin as they all have their good and bad so I figured id get a real nice collectable and play till I get tired of it and sell or trade for another .the gottliebs are my first and while they are what started this addiction im ready for more to a game, now that I understood pinball better.plus they dont seem to be as popular ,at first I couldn't understand why, but now that have gotten into thus hobby I see they just dont have the deeper rules I think im ready for, but they aren't worth selling they still are fun , plus all my friends love them.

#33 10 years ago

So many dam choices I wish I could have them all lol

#34 10 years ago

Creech is a keeper for me. If you like the theme and the looks of the game ( and hopefully the gameplay, too ) I would go for it. Yes, the rules aren't that deep, but it is challenging. Its got a ton of modes to explore. Getting the multiball going and hitting the jackpot is a big rush.

If it's in great condition you will get your money back if you don't love it.

#35 10 years ago

Cool thax for the info and yes it hasn't hardly been played in 10 years I believe so its very nice maybe going to get it today still trying to make up my mind so many dang choices

#36 10 years ago

WH20 all the way....

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from GUMBO:

WH20 all the way....

Problem is there are hard to find and if I do they are never near me so we will see im going to check some machins out today

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Problem is there are hard to find and if I do they are never near me so we will see im going to check some machins out today

Right,that unknown location place is pretty elusive. Maybe you should get a TZ !

#39 10 years ago

PotC is nice, easy for casual players but deep enough for expert players.

#40 10 years ago

I have a gorgeous WCS that's got great gameplay without the ruleset being overly deep and you can keep $1300.00 in your pocket!

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from kjm8888:

I have a gorgeous WCS that's got great gameplay without the ruleset being overly deep and you can keep $1300.00 in your pocket!

Love that game.

#42 10 years ago

I've tried to put my location in and can't get it to work im in pa md line better known as mason Dixon line I like wcs and tz like I said I like most games they all have good and bad its just finding one close enough to get and at decent price and condition

#43 10 years ago

You know...everyone has their own preference. And if nothing else, my time in this hobby has taught me that when it comes to this stuff you just need to play and see!

Creech is a great game...I love mine (my second one). Not the deepest game, but it makes me smile whenever I play it. Do you have somewhere locally you can get your hands on a bunch of games to play? I bet there are local pinsiders who would happily open up their games to you!

#44 10 years ago

Ok so I held off on the Creech so what else you all have for me im ready to buy and I can spend a little more possibly if its right

#45 10 years ago

I played the creech and went to pickup but the guy wld not help on the price and wouldnt help me move it and it was just me and my girl and snow on ground and the game wasnt quite as perfect as he claimed it was really really nice tho but for the price it should have been perfect in my opinion. But that wasnt the main reason he knew nothing about pinball at all and like I said he kinda turned his nose when I asked if he would help load it up which he had steep set of stairs outdoors and snow on them and alotta yard to go threw so I just said I didnt want it. Sux I drove 2hrs one way but whatever just wasnt meant to be I guess.so im still looking for something few hours from me cash money up to 4500 let me know what u have and thax for the help and opinions everyone

#46 10 years ago

Don't care for any of the new titles this year Star Trek ac ad or Metallica ? You can get pros new in box for 4500 shipped . Just bought st for 4640 with shaker shipped to my house well eta tomorrow

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I played the creech and went to pickup but the guy wld not help on the price and wouldnt help me move it and it was just me and my girl and snow on ground and the game wasnt quite as perfect as he claimed it was really really nice tho but for the price it should have been perfect in my opinion. But that wasnt the main reason he knew nothing about pinball at all and like I said he kinda turned his nose when I asked if he would help load it up which he had steep set of stairs outdoors and snow on them and alotta yard to go threw so I just said I didnt want it. Sux I drove 2hrs one way but whatever just wasnt meant to be I guess.so im still looking for something few hours from me cash money up to 4500 let me know what u have and thax for the help and opinions everyone

The fact that you walked away is key. Don't be impatient... there are a metric shit ton of amazing games for $4K. However, I recommend 2x $2K games to keep you interested. You'll learn how to fix stuff, you won't get bored as quickly, and you can always sell them later. Good luck!

#48 10 years ago

I would pick up something like a High speed 2, Fish Tales, Doctor Who. Awesome games for the price.

#49 10 years ago

Pins in USA are cheep by world standards. Then again I guess you guys made most, and most stayed in country. Then yet again there is a hell of a lot of people in the USA so per head of capita who knows?

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

The fact that you walked away is key. Don't be impatient... there are a metric shit ton of amazing games for $4K. However, I recommend 2x $2K games to keep you interested. You'll learn how to fix stuff, you won't get bored as quickly, and you can always sell them later. Good luck!

Yes it was hard usually I would have just bought it but im limited on room at the moment so I wanna make sure my next one isnt to easy and dont get the bored factor as fast but dont want a impossible game that ill get frustrated at and sell within a month. Also want it to be a popular machine to trade out eventually. With Allentown coming up im sure there will be plenty there so that helped my decision to walk

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/good-pin-for-4k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.