Lit_Drop_Targets_Score_WOW.jpg
GTB_Copyright.jpg
100_When_Lit.jpg
Lit_Drop_Target_Value.jpg
IMG_9533.jpeg
GS2.jpg
wade.goldstrike.jpg
29.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Since Tuna D brought it up. I've been having discussions with Wade about running Gold Strike.

He has told me he needs enough interest to do it. Should be a bit easier since the cut template is the same as Eldorado. Can we get a group of GS people together, so we can let him know there is enough interest to merit his efforts?! I redid an Eldorado with his field and it was really nice! Come on people!! Chime in and if he is on Pinside (or we will let him know otherwise) he can see the interest here.

#2 10 years ago

I'm down for one (of course)! Thanks.

- Tim

#3 10 years ago

I think I'd buy one just in case I get the game. Most have roached playfields if you can find any at all (still lookin').

#4 10 years ago

My vote is for 2001.

(Already have a nice GS. Sorry)

Mike O.

#5 10 years ago

i would be on a 2001 like a fat kid on a donut!

#6 10 years ago

FYI: For anyone else who may be interested in a GOLD STRIKE (sorry - not "2001"), this effort is not DOA. My post on RGP is generating interested buyers so let us hear from you if you've been considering upgrading your current (or future) GOLD STRIKE with a genuine Wade Kraus repro!

Here's a video showing Wade's fantastic El Dorado repro playfield:

Thanks.

- Tim

#7 10 years ago

So whose game is in the video?

Nice work.

Mike O.

#8 10 years ago

I'd like one, but don't have the game. If he comes out with this playfield, it will likely make my quest for this game even more difficult.

#9 10 years ago

I'd take one.

Nate Thompson, Boulder CO

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

So whose game is in the video?
Nice work.
Mike O.

Whoever he is, he must have added an extra custom light bulb behind the light shield of the lower drop targets!

1 week later
#11 10 years ago

I'm new here. I'd be very interested in that. I assume we're talking a repro of the playing field only? What would that cost, ball park?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from davidkam:

I'm new here. I'd be very interested in that. I assume we're talking a repro of the playing field only? What would that cost, ball park?

Wade has been selling them for $550 (think that was shipped). He does great work, well worth the investment. You will get your money out of it, if you ever have to sell.

#13 10 years ago

Again newbie here, how much effort to install the new play field?

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i would be on a 2001 like a fat kid on a donut!

Yes, I would be totally down for a 2001. Also, since Gold Strike is the same layout as Target Alpha and Solar City they should consider these. I'd buy a Target Alpha for sure. There are tons of them out there so should not be hard to sell.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from davidkam:

Again newbie here, how much effort to install the new play field?

It's not the easiest project that's for sure. It helps to have a playfield rotisserie or two. I suggest you search on "rotisserie" and study up. Take lots of pictures before and during. Utilized a parts tumbler to clean and polish before installing metal parts on the new playfield.

Fortunately EMs are more simple than newer machines. On the other hand they have no connectors so it makes it tough to refurbish components like drop targets while they are out of the machine. Probably the worst part of the whole job is that Gottlieb used slotted screw driver hardware back then. Add 50% to the amount of time it takes just for that reason.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes, I would be totally down for a 2001. Also, since Gold Strike is the same layout as Target Alpha and Solar City they should consider these. I'd buy a Target Alpha for sure. There are tons of them out there so should not be hard to sell.

Actually, Wade had some trouble quickly moving all of the Fast/Quick draw playfields and there are a ton of them out there too (8045+2660=10,705), and many, if not most, are worn down and deserve a new playfield.

You have to also keep in mind the value of putting a $500-$600 playfield into a $500-$600 game. Yes, there are a few out there that love their game and might even pay $800+ for a playfield. But chances are, those select few have already found their "keeper" game. The results of Fast Draw shows that Wade has to be very selective about which games he does. And having the CNC file for the slots and inserts is a far cry from having everything you need to screen a playfield. The art portion takes a lot more time and effort.

Many of these titles are not in the same group as games like Kings and Queen and El Dorado as far as total value are concerned. But getting a list together of 20+ SERIOUS buyers might still bring you the results you wish.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

There was a NOS Target Alpha playfield for sale very recently - it was part of a larger warehouse sale in the northeast.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Wade had some trouble quickly moving all of the Fast/Quick draw playfields

I bought one.

1 week later
#19 9 years ago

A couple new folks have joined the list of those who would like to make their Gold Strike collector quality! We have been in touch with Wade and this may happen within the next 6 months. Since this game is very collectable, it will be worth the investment in time and money. Worth the wait! As boilerman mentioned, Wade may do a rerun of Knock Out next. Whatever the title that he does, we should support his efforts as he is such a great talent with reproducing this classic artwork!

#20 9 years ago

PM'd, emailed, told my girlfriend... I'm in!

#21 9 years ago

I might be interested in a GS pf repro. Is there a backglass available too? (Mine has the usual flaking.) I know I can get plastics...

#22 9 years ago

Shay's website says they have the glass-$295.

#23 9 years ago

Thx! Hmmm... should I redo mine?

8 months later
#24 9 years ago

I'd be in for a gold strike field!

#25 9 years ago

Hopefully this will happen within the next 6 months.

7 months later
#26 8 years ago

Gold Strike is up right now according to Wade.

Scott

1 week later
#27 8 years ago

Cant wait to get a Gold Strike from Wade

1 month later
#28 8 years ago

Latest update from Wade:
Hi Scott, the Gold Strikes are printed but they still need clear which I should be able to so by early next week, then they will go back on the router. I will post some photos over the weekend.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Latest update from Wade:
Hi Scott, the Gold Strikes are printed but they still need clear which I should be able to so by early next week, then they will go back on the router. I will post some photos over the weekend.

Any idea what needs to be routed that would be routed after the clear is applied?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Any idea what needs to be routed that would be routed after the clear is applied?

Maybe to do the dimples without owning a pants presser?

29.jpg29.jpg

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Honestly I don't remember - I think he did explain it to me one but that was a long time ago...

#32 8 years ago

You don't want any holes thru the field while you silk screen (the inserts are done first, so that is smooth). All other routed holes, pops, targets, flippers, etc. get cut after. Look at other fields and you will see his cross hair pattern where they are cut. Looking forward this, it's been literally years in the making, but so worth the wait!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

You don't want any holes thru the field while you silk screen (the inserts are done first, so that is smooth). All other routed holes, pops, targets, flippers, etc. get cut after.

Normally, all the holes are routed BEFORE silkscreening.

The dimples are pressed into the playfield AFTER silkscreening because you don't want ink pooling into the depressions on the face side.

Here is a video if you want to see the ink being applied to the already routed playfield by CPR:

#34 8 years ago

That's the way CPR does it with their more mechanized equipment. I wish you would research a bit more Vid. Did you go to Wade's blog site BEFORE you posted....?

#35 8 years ago

wade screens first then puts them in the CNC machine. kind of backwards compared to how gottlieb did it but the results speak for
them themselves

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Did you go to Wade's blog site BEFORE you posted....?

Hell no I did not!

#37 8 years ago

Quick update from Wade's blog site!

wade.goldstrike.jpgwade.goldstrike.jpg

1 month later
#38 8 years ago

The boards are finally done.GS2.JPGGS2.JPG

#39 8 years ago

Awesome job Wade! Can't wait to get mine!

#40 8 years ago

Now, I hope he goes right ahead and does another run of El Dorado!!!! (Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge).

I can't remember what was next in the line up??

#41 8 years ago

Knock Out is next

1 week later
#42 8 years ago

Hmmm, a package arrived at my house.

Mysterious BoxMysterious Box

#43 8 years ago

Mine arrives Friday

#44 8 years ago

Saturday......

#45 8 years ago

Hoping some of you can do some really detailed threads on the p/f swop as dreading doing my first and probably only one!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Now, I hope he goes right ahead and does another run of El Dorado!!!! (Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge).
I can't remember what was next in the line up??

Seriously?

#47 8 years ago

Outstanding artistry and craftsmanship, Wade.

And thanks to stashyboy and Tuna_Delight for their campaigning.

Gold StrikeGold Strike
Lit Drop Targets Score WOWLit Drop Targets Score WOW
Lit Drop Target ValueLit Drop Target Value
100 When Lit100 When Lit
GTB CopyrightGTB Copyright

#48 8 years ago

Wahoo!

IMG_0219.jpgIMG_0219.jpg

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Wahoo!

IMG_0219.jpg

How do you like your Astro?

#50 8 years ago

It is an addicting game - like 4 square - usually 1 or 2 lights from getting everything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Holton, MI
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gold-strike-repro-play-field-interest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.