(Topic ID: 49443)

Gary talks to the staff before we watch Metallica!!!!

By Nuclear_Waste

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backyard.jpg
2228906638_5895cc6db2.jpg
l.jpg
b4dalock.jpg
dogwoods_002.jpg
dogwoods_001.jpg
FettThreadKiller.png
image.jpeg
metmeeting.jpg
red-shirt-1.gif
red.jpg
metmeeting.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

I am stoked for Metallica. These teasers from Stern are killing me and I keep coming back to all of these feeds to get some idea of what my new machine is going to play like. Can we kindly keep these tangent conversations out of the MET threads for right now? Normal bickering can resume later.

METALLICA!!!

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I am stoked for Metallica. These teasers from Stern are killing me and I keep coming back to all of these feeds to get some idea of what my new machine is going to play like. Can we kindly keep these tangent conversations out of the MET threads for right now? Normal bickering can resume later.
METALLICA!!!

+11191991923123

#53 10 years ago

Soon to adorn the walls of the factory....

red-shirt-1.gifred-shirt-1.gif

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I am sure that is what you like to play. Or is that all you can afford? You don't own one DMD game your collection is a joke like your comments!

Play nice fellas, this is a site for fun not petty arguments. Now where is the Metallica video!!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I thought only us boarder states flooded our factorys with mexicans. They truely are taking all the jobs in the US! I am telling you whites will be the minority one day. I want to move to a sundown town!

Quoted from Wise_Guy:

LMFAO I own my company and make over 7 figures a year
I have more $ in PDI glass then your whole collection is worth also.. Ppl like you are a slave for someone else just like the mexicans making guys like me rich thank you!

*sigh*

I love this hobby and have met so many great people...but it always amazes me how many racists & braggarts there are in it...maybe there aren't THAT many, but I'm surprised how many of them have no qualms just letting it be known....as if it's no big deal because in their mind they're surrounded by likeminded people.

#56 10 years ago

I can hear Gary now :

Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say. You built a great game...all of you. Great game.

(He tries to smile.) I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all. (Gary pauses and says quietly). I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years -- None of you ever knew Harry Williams. It was long before your time. But you know what a tradition he is was at Stern.

(There is gentle, faraway look in his eyes as he recalls the Harry's words). And the last thing he said to me -- "Gary," he said - "sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there with all they got and win just one for Harry.

Harry would say "I don't know where I'll be then, Gary, he said - "but I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

There is a hushed stillness as Gary and the crowd of employees look at each other. In the midst of this tense silence, Gary quietly says "Alright," to the men beside him, and Metallica is wheeled slowly out of the room.

Well, what are we waiting for? Build 'em !

With a single roar, the employees get up and rush through the doorway.

LTG : )

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I have more $ in PDI glass then your whole collection is worth also..

Markmon.... Is that you?

#58 10 years ago

Good stuff LTG. Morale is extremely important in a manufacturing environment. If your line workers aren't happy, things slow down and quality drops. Gots to keep those line workers happy.

For the sake of the hobby and those workers, I hope they're all getting lots of OT. (and new microwaves!)

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#60 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Markmon.... Is that you?

Nah, it's more like "houseofpin"'s style of wealth-brag...Mark just tells people to get more education.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah, it's more like "houseofpin"'s style of wealth-brag...Mark just tells people to get more education.

...and a better job.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

. Dude you are a big pile of steaming dog shit. Everyone is thinking it I will just say it. I hope you get yours!

DON'T YOU TALK TO LTG LIKE THAT!!!

#63 10 years ago

Lol Llyod and I are personal friends. That comment was meant for the RACIST POS WISEGUY

#64 10 years ago

Kudos to everyone who let Wise_Guy know how they felt about his despicable comments. The question is whether or not you will stop buying NIB Stern products until Gary stops paying poverty wages to his laborers. Racism is bad enough. However, one could very easily make an argument that we're all guilty of supporting a business that pays its employees so very little. It's a real moral dilemma if you think about it. What's more important, pinball or for your fellow man/woman to have a job (maybe not the most cerebral of jobs, but hard, tedious labor nonetheless) that allows him/her to live a life of dignity.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The question is whether or not you will stop buying NIB Stern products until Gary stops paying poverty wages to his laborers.

I get what you're trying to say, but honestly...
1) Stern barely made it through the past decade.
2) I don't want to pay even more for a new pin.
3) you suggest we stop buying from Stern to solve this? So he'll be forced to cut a line or two and employ fewer employees?

#68 10 years ago

Man you could cook a whole case of Sams Club microwave burritos at one time with all those microwaves. Workplace goodness!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Is that their translator up front?

Oh man, you got some thumbs down for that but that was hysterical. People should lighten up and enjoy such awesome comedy. Thumbs up for you bro!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, you got some thumbs down for that but that was hysterical. People should lighten up and enjoy such awesome comedy. Thumbs up for you bro!

i agree.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The question is whether or not you will stop buying NIB Stern products until Gary stops paying poverty wages to his laborers.

What exactly are these poverty wages that Lord Gary is bestowing on his serfs?

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

What exactly are these poverty wages that Lord Gary is bestowing on his serfs?

Slightly more than the character on your avatar paid his "employees".

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Slightly more than the character on your Avatar paid his "employees".

Adjust that for 150 years of inflation and they're probably doing pretty well for themselves.

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Do you guys see that big hint in the picture?
Gary is planning on making a cola wars theme next... pick your model PEPLE or KOLE...

That's funny. I bought a diet coke out of that machine Tuesday.

#76 10 years ago

My favorite part of the picture is the employee at the microwaves who said to hell with this... im hungry

#77 10 years ago

Garys got a tan?? Been away?? Lol imagine how the workers feel being on f^(k all an hour and Garys there telling to fund his next vacation

Post edited by absocountry2 : profanity edited

#79 10 years ago

So where's the video?

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I have more $ in PDI glass then your whole collection is worth also.. Ppl like you are a slave for someone else just like the mexicans making guys like me rich thank you!

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. You stay classy San Diego.

I make 7 digits/year too - $21,500.75

BAM!

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. You stay classy San Diego.
BAM!

Funny!

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

"This too shall pass."

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

That includes 2 decimal points though...

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Markmon.... Is that you?

I think it's Frank from RGP

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

This is probably the fifth time I can recall you saying almost this exact thing. Regardless of your monetary wealth, you are completely morally and socially void. I hope your money comforts you and fills the hole in your vapid soul.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Monster_Bash said:
Is that their translator up front?

That actually is their translator up front.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

That actually is their translator up front.
» YouTube video

OMG!!!! That makes it even funnier!!!!!!!!!!!!

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I am sure that is what you like to play. Or is that all you can afford? You don't own one DMD game your collection is a joke like your comments!

Wow.

Early 2013 shoo in for "Biggest A-Hole Pinsider."

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow.
Early 2013 shoo in for "Biggest A-Hole Pinsider."

Indeed. A vote isn't even necessary. We've got a winner!

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

owever, one could very easily make an argument that we're all guilty of supporting a business that pays its employees so very little. It's a real moral dilemma if you think about it. What's more important, pinball or for your fellow man/woman to have a job (maybe not the most cerebral of jobs, but hard, tedious labor nonetheless) that allows him/her to live a life of dignity.

Assuming they are even paid a low wage, which I doubt, let's see some proof of that. Also no one is forced to work at a particular low paying job. Anyone can leave their job at any time for a better paying one.

#91 10 years ago

Most line employees are Kelly and Manpower workers making 9.50 to 10.00

#92 10 years ago

Gary's taking the time to talk to the factory workers, to make them feel good and boost morale. Can't be the worst job in the world.

I doubt those garment workers in Bangladesh ever get the same pep talks.

#93 10 years ago

Wait until the new immigration laws pass the house and senate. Business owners will understand when they are jailed alongside their illegal employees.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The question is whether or not you will stop buying NIB Stern products until Gary stops paying poverty wages to his laborers. Racism is bad enough.

Throwing crap like that out there with nothing to back it up is no better than saying they're all illegal aliens. You're just as big of a douchebag as the poster making 'despicable comments'. HTH

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Most line employees are Kelly and Manpower workers making 9.50 to 10.00

Also most factory workers put in a lot of overtime, so that time and a half adds up real quick. Some of the employees at my facility work 12 hour days 5 to 6 days a week, which they are perfectly fine with. Their paychecks look pretty good.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#97 10 years ago

Wiseguy= small penis.

#98 10 years ago

That is very possibly the ugliest back yard I have ever seen. Why would you want your backyard to look like a shitty resort lol.

#99 10 years ago

Looks like all your friends are there!

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Why would you want your backyard to look like a shitty resort lol.

That isn't his backyard; this moron cannot spell and he does not make seven figures. I agree with the resort comment though, it looks like a flyer for Hedonism II! LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 149.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-talks-to-the-staff-before-we-watch-metallica/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.