Games with third flipper on the left?

Started 2 years ago by lukerp in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Games with third flipper on the left?

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by lukerp
  • 24 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from kwiKimart

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years ago
    #

Hey all,

Just something that for some reason has been rolling around my head for a while. There seem to be a wackload of games out there that have more than two flippers. And it always seems that these games have an additional flipper on the right. I have a WhiteWater; third flipper is on the upper playfield on the right. Flash? Same thing. The Shadow? You better believe it's on the right. Roller Coaster Tycoon. Simpsons Pinball Party. High Speed and High Speed 2. Twilight Zone. Addams Family. All of these games have a third full sized in a VERY similar location.

Long story short: I won't say I have a huge amount of experience with pinball; I've only been at this for a couple of years. But other than Tommy, I can't think of any machines where that flipper was dropped on the left of the playfield. What gives? Maybe it's because I'm left handed; maybe it's because I seem to be getting a collection of games where I shoot the left orbit with the right flipper, then bang out another shot with the upper right flipper. I don't know. Just me rambling. Thoughts?

Luke

2 years ago
    #

Tron, Congo, and Funhouse have an left upper flipper. I know what your saying though upper left flippers are pretty rare.

2 years ago
    #

8BD....Flipper on left.

2 years ago
    #

Baywatch has full size upper left flipper.

hassanchop

Pinball master
    2,734,000 2
    2 years ago
    #

GNR, roadshow, JD, Dr Who, Elvis...

2 years ago
    #

Earthshaker

2 years ago
    #

Skateball, Paragon, Fireball II, Banzai Run (upper pf), Golden Cue...

2 years ago
    #

Radical has one to hit the vertical ramp shot.

2 years ago
    #

DM the flipper is kinda in the middle but it is on the left side.

2 years ago
    #

FGY, JD. I'm not so sure it's that rare.

dung

Pinball addict
    1,382,100 2
    2 years ago
    #

FH has it on the left.

2 years ago
    #

SFII has one.

2 years ago
    #

Corvette has one also has one

2 years ago
    #

cheetah

2 years ago
    #

Captain Fantastic

2 years ago
    #

Globetrotters too

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,336,473 3
    2 years ago
    #

Nobody has mentioned Tommy!

2 years ago
    #

2 years ago
    #

Shrek! I know, that doesn't really count since FGY has been mentioned, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

2 years ago
    #

"Nobody has mentioned Tommy!"

The OP did.

2 years ago
    #

Hey,

Well, leave it to the interwebs to prove me wrong ;-). And oddly enough, I looked at some pictures of GNR for some reason right before I posted this. Not sure how I missed it. Well, now there are a few machines I can put in to throw some variety into the thing...

Luke

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,336,473 3
    2 years ago
    #
    GoneFishinLvMsg said:

"Nobody has mentioned Tommy!"
    The OP did.

Crap!

2 years ago
    #

SOF

2 years ago
    #
    vster23 said:

SOF

Forgot about that, and I even owned the game.

2 years ago
    #

The left third-flipper games I've played the most are Earthshaker, Funhouse, and Doctor Who. The only game I know of that has a left third flipper, a left fourth flipper, and no other flippers is Road Show.

I'm not sure if I would count games like Twilight Zone and Swords of Fury that have a left third flipper and a right fourth flipper.

2 years ago
    #
    Finrod said:

The only game I know of that has a left third flipper, a left fourth flipper, and no other flippers is Road Show.

+1 Can't even think of another pin that has the flipper placement like it.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple