Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by S37VEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bender.jpg
    HT.jpeg

#1 12 years ago

Just going off of Stern's website with their "If you could decide theme.." chart on next machine made (Avatar still there.. Ha!). Assuming TRON is next (fingers crossed) or second to something else (Alien Photos?). Does that make Futurama a true contender (22 measly votes to TRON's 31.) for Stern in the future? They did O.K. with TSPP and Groening is a pinball fan. So it would make perfect sense to continue the friendship/license and do a new hopefully "non" TSPP clone machine. There is very little talk here about in on Pinside other than the guy (Evan) that did the "Space 3000" mod on an old Superman. Does anyone (other than me and 22 other people) want this Pin in existence? What features would you like to see done? I read one post with a "Dark Matter" special-ball to loading ramp of the Planet Express.. That sounds fun/true to series. What are your thoughts?

I'll start it off..

I would love it if they did a Hypnotoad-Multiball with the DMD toad and sound fixed during entire mode. How many people would drain just to stop the sound!
    What else?

HT.jpegHT.jpeg

#2 12 years ago

I would love to see a Futurama pin. So much potential for cool toys and a cool looking art package.

#3 12 years ago

I didn't vote on the Stern site, but I think a Futurama themed pin would be awesome! I like the way the cartoon looks and I enjoy the humor. I don't have much of an imagination, but maybe the pin could use tubes to transport the ball over the playfield (vs rails), like the green tube in BBB. Perhaps Bender could somehow "bend" one of the tubes. It would also need to incorporate some talking heads (possibly Nixon or Groening).

#4 12 years ago

I would love me a Futurama pin! I think if done right it would trum TSPP!

If Ghostbusters 3 *ever* gets done, I would still love to see a Ghostbusters pin! Yes, Bone Busters does not count!!!

#5 12 years ago

I'm still amazed that Futurama came back after a seven year hiatus!

#6 12 years ago

I'm still amazed that Futurama came back after a seven year hiatus!

There was and still is a cult following for that show. I never understood on pulling the plug back then instead of the Simpsons..........

#7 12 years ago

How about Leela and Amy back to back in a TOTAN size/type pose with shredded clothing on the playfield? Zoidberg magnet (Spinner?), Hermes limbo gate, suicide booth (adult), or cryogenic chamber (family) ball lock. Robot mafia bumpers or targets. Have the oversized Bender head (obvious choice) go through a metamorphosis during play leading up to a wizard mode battle with Flexo! What-if Machine corner display. Black Hole shot (LOTR style!) with purple LED spotlights at the back. Maybe even have micro LED's integrated throughout the playfield for ambiance.

What else?

#8 12 years ago

Love Futurama. Tons of good pinball-able ideas on that show. Oh, and Zoidberg should be a spinner. Then it can go Whoop-woop-woop-woop as it spins.

#9 12 years ago

I would love to see a Futurama pin. So much potential for cool toys and a cool looking art package.

Yep, I agree with Sega, Futurama sounds a great choice.

#10 12 years ago

Tron is 100% definitely next - this has been known for months And Futurama is not next. Have a look on RGP and you will get a good idea of what is after Tron.

#11 12 years ago

Futurama- One of my most favorite shows ever. I would definitely like to see this in a pin. I could see the Planet Express ship. Much more iconic than the flyer in T2.
    Morbo: "Tremble, puny earthlings! One day my race will destroy you all!"

#12 12 years ago

I just watched the commercial for 'THOR' opening next month,
    would rather have that next to an IRON MAN pin any day.

#13 12 years ago

Futurama is a great idea for a pin.

#14 12 years ago

Also the SE DVD collection can double as a Topper.. Two for one!
    Now, how to light it up..?

Bender.jpgBender.jpg

#15 12 years ago

I'll be different. Thumbs down on a Futurama pin. Especially if Ritchie is designing the next one after Tron. I don't see Futurama as a theme that fits his style.

#16 12 years ago

Never got into Futurama.

#17 12 years ago

It is never too late SealClubber! Unlike "Lost" you can pick it up anywhere and then, they got you hooked. It is well worth the trip.

#18 12 years ago

I think futurama would be a great choice. There is a lot they could do and they have more then enough material to draw from for the design. I would consider buying one of these NIB if they do produce one.

#19 12 years ago

I do not mean to side-track the thread, but does anyone have any information on the TRON pin? I have heard that it might come out in May, but with that so close one would think that there would have been something formal released by Stern...

#20 12 years ago

Futurama would be awesome! Havent heard anything but that would be a great opportunity for Stern.

#21 12 years ago

Any time a big time guy like Matt Groening is behind the making of a pinball it becomes 100% better. Simpsons pinball party was great because Matt really was passionate about it. Family guy was a much better machine because of Seth's extra effort to do lines and really make it a cool experience. even guns n roses was helped on by SLASH! all great games that the licences really cared about the product. STTNG cast also went above and beyond too, haven't played that one though. I've only caught a few episodes of Futurama and its a pretty cool show, GO BENDER! hopefully it becomes a pin...

1 year later
    #22 11 years ago

Not to necromance this thread or anything but.....

Has there been any word or updates on this becoming a reality? If so, I know what my first NIB pin will be!!!

Also, not too long ago somebody posted a spy photo from a factory visit to see the X-Men playfield and I could have SWORN I saw what looked like a drawing of a "scarier" version of Dr. Zoidberg. I know I saw it here on pinside, but I can't recall which thread. Anyone care to dig that photo up as evidence of Futurama being the next Stern pin?

Please, oh please, oh please.......

Although after JJP's WOZ, it BETTER have an LCD backglass!!

#23 11 years ago

I love Futurama. My family doesn't.

#24 11 years ago

Futurama would be an instant buy for me. Thanks for resurrecting the thread Miguel!

#25 11 years ago

Give me Futurama over X-men, Avengers, or WOZ any day.

#26 11 years ago

It's funny, all the themes I had been pushing for Stern in the last 3 years have been made after the new investors took over I have the emails to prove it. I miss Joe Blackwell.
    The customer is right.

TF, Tron, AC/DC, X-Men.

Only time will tell if Futurama, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Munsters, Walking Dead and Scooby Doo get made.
    Harry Potter is a no brainer.

#27 11 years ago

I can hear Bender now, right after the ball drains through one of the out lanes:

"Kiss my shiny, metal ass!"

Oh Futurama pinball machine, I shall dream of you tonight.....

#28 11 years ago

They should reskin the Family Guy playfeild. Bender Pinball anyone?

#29 11 years ago

I'd definitely purchase Futurama, Munsters, and Harry Potter; also Led Zeppelin and Walking Dead (as long as it's more of the graphic novel art).

Michael

#30 11 years ago

You keep torturing me with Led Zep!!!!!

#31 11 years ago

I like futurama and alot of likable characters with a good theme for one line quotes.
    Think this title would have potential to be a great pin.

#32 11 years ago

Someone beat Stern to the punch. There is already a Futurama pinball machine:

http://home.comcast.net/~special_when_lit/pwpimages/Futurama%20Pinball.html

#33 11 years ago

Yes Ken,
    I covered that fact in the first post... A year ago!

Have we had any more new ideas for this glorious machine, now that a year has passed?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Have we had any more new ideas for this glorious machine, now that a year has passed?

Tube ramps like the opening theme
    Secret mode with quotes from TSPP or just Simpsons quotes in general
    Slurm Can toy

#35 11 years ago

I would so buy a Futurama pin

#36 11 years ago

People mover tubes as ramps is totally obvious. This is the one theme my wife would force me to buy NIB.

#37 11 years ago

I think you'd want some extra tubes with chromed pingpong balls or similar that you could easily blow around curves that would be impossible with a pinball.

Plus a small on-playfield LCD to mimic the billboard in the credits and show public domain cartoons between balls.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

They should reskin the Family Guy playfeild. Bender Pinball anyone?

A re-theme of TSPP would be closer, Bender head where the Homer was is (shape is more like Bender anyway).

Let Johnson re-do all the rules.... wowzers!

#39 11 years ago

I know what the multiball mode would be - blernsball!

Multiball mode starts at 1:46.

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/movie/60025

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/futurama-after-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.