You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BMAN.jpg
WCS94.jpg
FHblock.jpg
#1 12 years ago

So I was at CP Pinball last night playing his many wonderful machines. In the midst of all the fun and glory, there was this shiny very well kept Funhouse sitting close to back corner of the rear building. I thought, ehh not really into the whole carnival thing but I've never played it so what the heck. Besides, it has two shooter rods!

Wow! I have to say I couldn’t pull myself away from it and it was the end of the night (for us at least) and the wife and child wanted to go. "Just one more game, please!" I begged my child who I didn’t want to abuse and cause him to develop a negative affliction to pinball. I snuck another game without them realizing my final ball drained and finally he blocked my access to the game.

I had more fun with this title that evening than any others there for some reason, even worked up a bead or two of sweat playing it. Man I'd love to own one now. Woke up this morning and checked out the Mr. Pinball ads and there is a guy up in Chicago with a nice one for 2250. But, alas both the wife and child said no way. Even pulled threats if I did buy it. They say Rudy creeps them out and they don’t want him in the house! I'm like, he's just a mechanical doll head, he's not going to get out and kill you or anything. My argument went unheeded. I guess I won’t ever own that title. Bummer.

#2 12 years ago

My wife feels the same way about Rudy. Freaks her out.

One day I will own it though. Then Rudy and I will be best friends. You wait and see.

*cue freaky horror movie music*

#3 12 years ago

So weird, my wife is also creeped out by Rudy. I think it has something to do with that Child's Play movie.

#4 12 years ago

LOL - that's funny. I had the same problem when trying to talk the wife and kids into getting a LOTR. ...they say it's "too creepy".

#5 12 years ago

LOL! I've heard this about FH a few times before. My sister inlaw can't even look at the game because Rudy creeps her out so much. My wife wasn't too thrilled about Rudy either...until she achieved Grand Champion status on it that is.. Now she loves Funhouse

#6 12 years ago

My wife was sort of creeped out by Rudy in the beginning but now she is used to him. She laughs at the silly nicknames he gives you and I think that got her over it.

#7 12 years ago

"Get yourself a hawtdog."

Love the voice calls.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

But, alas both the wife and child said no way.

same thing here with the wife. I'm still buying one.

#9 12 years ago

I had to sell my Roadshow I owned for a short time because of the same reason - two heads. But Funhouse will be in my collection someday. I know what you mean by addicting, I played that game every day in between classes at DePaul downtown campus. It was the only thing that calmed my nerves before tests - I would escape into the Funhouse and emerge relaxed and ace my tests. Rudy and I had many a tussle. 14 pins later - I still haven't added it to my collection.

I love the game but I'm fearful that my fond memory has romanticized the pin so much I will be disappointed. Plus, the wife and kids now a bit older to deal with - but my wife knows the affinity I have for that game. Came close a few times, see that one on CL in Chicago as well but looks beat up. If I splurge it will be for a cherry one. Someday Rudy, we will meet again.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

see that one on CL in Chicago as well but looks beat up.

Your right. I just seen the Mr Pinall ad and he describes it as nice. The CL ad paints a different picture.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

"Just one more game, please!" I begged my child who I didn’t want to abuse and cause him to develop a negative affliction to pinball. I snuck game in another game without them realizing my final ball drained and finally he blocked my access to the game.

I think many of us have been there. It's so hard to leave your game in the middle when your kids want to go.

#12 12 years ago

lol...

I'm not "allowed" to buy two pinball machines. The GF is creeped out by Rudy something fierce.

Taxi is the other one, but I agree since the machine screaming out "TAXI, TAXI, TAXI" drives me nuts too.

#13 12 years ago

I've never played Funhouse. I'd like to check one out. My wife is pretty low key about pins and themes, but she didn't really like BOP. Maybe Rudy would pass muster. However the comments so far make me think it might be high on the creepy factor.

#14 12 years ago

I feel your pain! My wife won't approve on any pin with a devil or sexy bikini girls. A few machines I wanted were Playboy and Medusa. I play Funhouse all the time on PS3 and it freaks out our dog. But I am looking for Rudy anyway.

#15 12 years ago

One of the best pins of all time. I want one myself but I've been holding out for a very nice one. All the ones I've came across so far had a lot of cosmetic issues, especially insert problems.

#16 12 years ago

I MAY have played this once when it first came out. I would LOVE to play one now

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

One of the best pins of all time. I want one myself but I've been holding out for a very nice one. All the ones I've came across so far had a lot of cosmetic issues, especially insert problems.

lucky for you there are repro pfs now so no excuse to not buy one

#18 12 years ago

The blocking move caught on camera. CP is a fun place for pinballers, anyone that gets in the STL area should check it out. Thats just the back building, the front building has many more machines.

FHblock.jpgFHblock.jpg

#19 12 years ago

"I'm like, he's just a mechanical doll head, he's not going to get out and kill you or anything."

Any reference to murder and pinball is not a great argument I think...

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

Any reference to murder and pinball is not a great argument I think...

True, and further evidence that I'd make a terrible lawyer. I tend to say it how it is too often and completely miss out on a perfectly good opportunity to spin or sugar coat my words.

However, she said "what if he sprouts arms and legs?” in response. So the thought was already there in this case.

#21 12 years ago

Just bought this game about an hour ago. Playfield is in very good shape. The steps ramp has some broken spots, and the trapdoor needs a new hinge, but other than that it's in good condition. Cabinet has very little fade. A few off color touchups, but I'll get the correct paint and take care of that. Happy birthday to me!

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

I think it has something to do with that Child's Play movie ...

If you think Child's Play is freaky, you should check out a movie called Magic from 1978 starring Anthony Hopkins. Trust me, you will never look at ventriloquist dummies the same way again.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I feel your pain! My wife won't approve on any pin with a devil or sexy bikini girls.

+1

#24 12 years ago

I feel your pain! My wife won't approve on any pin with a devil or sexy bikini girls.

I hear ya. When I brought WCS94 home, the first thing my wife commented on was the female referee with the huge breasts and super tight shorts.

WCS94.jpgWCS94.jpg

(Photo courtesy of HEP)

#25 12 years ago

^^
Yup... my wife noticed her cheeks falling out of her shorts instantly. Something I had never noticed before.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

LOL - that's funny. I had the same problem when trying to talk the wife and kids into getting a LOTR. ...they say it's "too creepy". []

They should give it a chance, that was my son and wife's favorite pin for awhile.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

However, she said "what if he sprouts arms and legs?” in response. So the thought was already there in this case.

Tell her that there were over ten thousand Funhouses made over twenty years ago and none of them have had Rudy sprouting arms or legs yet.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Just bought this game about an hour ago. Happy birthday to me!

lol

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

none of them have had Rudy sprouting arms or legs yet.

"Yet" is the key word there, his wife won't agree if there's still the possibility in her mind.

#30 12 years ago

my fiancee doesn't think rudy is creepy but the women head from that one construction game is creepy. I agree.

#31 12 years ago

Wow! I have to say I couldn’t pull myself away from it and it was the end of the night

Funhouse is such a classic with a very well laid out playfield not hard for me to see why you liked it so much.

the first thing my wife commented on was the female referee with the huge breasts and super tight shorts.

Hahaa, those are some short shorts. Another shot I don't mind is Kidman on the Batman Forever pin well played by the artist IMO.

BMAN.jpgBMAN.jpg

1 year later
#32 10 years ago

If you want to buy a Funhouse, buy it when your wife isn't here, and also before having childrens Then later the childs will love it, and maybe your wife also.
Let your wife playing it a lot, and she'll be used to play it.

That's why I did

Even if the playfield is very worn (like mine, worn at wood), if the other parts are OK or perfect like the ramps, you'll love it to shop and play it.
It's strange but I'm not bored by this game after 11 month of playing.

It's worth 500 €.

#33 10 years ago

My theory is if we boneheaded men can convince women to have kids with them; we also have the powers to convince them that a funhouse machine is a required part of a healthy, long lasting relationship.

My theory is unproven on both fronts, but I've been working on the first thing, so I'm almost halfway there. Wish me luck!

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

My theory is if we boneheaded men can convince women to have kids with them; we also have the powers to convince them that a Funhouse machine is a required part of a healthy, long lasting relationship.
My theory is unproven on both fronts, but I've been working on the first thing, so I'm almost halfway there. Wish me luck!

Considering that us boneheaded men resurrect year old threads to give advice to people, Im often surprised that we can do anything other than drool on ourselves and fart.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Considering that us boneheaded men resurrect year old threads to give advice to people, Im often surprised that we can do anything other than drool on ourselves and fart.

While you were typing that, I farted 11 times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 29.95
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-denied and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.