Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_0848.JPG
ironman_8.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I've decided that I've waited long enough to get an Iron Man back in my lineup. Something has to go to make room, so I think that it will be STLE. Love the way STLE shoots, love the layout, love the sound effects, and it's the best damn looking pin that I've ever seen, but I've decided that I'm willing to trade it for an IM at this point rather than wait for the updated code. When the code is fleshed out, I figure I can get it back in the lineup at a future time.

Would definitely prefer local trade, but shipping is also possible. The IM needs to be HUO in really good shape. Mods, no mods, doesn't matter, we can adjust price accordingly. Yes, I expect cash coming my way obviously.

I'm the original owner of STLE. It's in excellent condition, no issues whatsoever.

I can post pictures (and maybe a video) later, but it's going to look pretty much like a new STLE.

Edit: video added:

#2 10 years ago

Very enticing trade. If I was left coast. Good luck.

Mk

#4 10 years ago

You up for a straight cash sale? I have a buddy who might be interested...

#5 10 years ago

The selling has begun ... this is the 3rd STLE I've seen for sale in a week ...

<EDIT>: So sorry to disappoint someone although I'm not sure how this single sentence gets a thumbs down?? It's a fact ... and I now see 4 for sale not including the NIB's for sale. Sorry (although hey, it's same for WOZ's.)

#6 10 years ago

I didn't realize IM was going for the cost of a STLE if both were HUO. Wouldn't a sell then buy be the right move?

Never mind just saw the part where you expect cash also...good luck

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Starbuck77:

I didn't realize IM was going for the cost of a STLE if both were HUO. Wouldn't a sell then buy be the right move?

It's not. He said he expects cash on top of IM. Which is expected.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Starbuck77:

I didn't realize IM was going for the cost of a STLE if both were HUO.

They're not:

Quoted from RobT:

Yes, I expect cash coming my way obviously.

Edit: Damnit MinusWorlds.

#9 10 years ago

Depending on the quality of the IM I would expect at least $1200 - $1500 cash additional.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Depending on the quality of the IM I would expect at least $1200 - $1500 cash additional.

Yes, depending on quality and mods (including things such as powder coating) that is the range that I would be expecting as well.

Quoted from Aurich:

No video, no trade.

I didn't know you had an IM!

#11 10 years ago

Ah, to have a HUO IM lying around...

#12 10 years ago

Rob, you sure? IM is a good game due to theme and speed/ferocity of gameplay, but losing a STLE to get it? I would not give that baby up till the code is complete and then decide if you could part with it. Every time I play IM at someones house I miss it less&less.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Rob, you sure? IM is a good game due to theme and speed/ferocity of gameplay, but losing a STLE to get it? I would not give that baby up till the code is complete and then decide if you could part with it. Every time I play IM at someones house I miss it less&less.

I've owned IM before. I've been saying for a long time I'd get IM back. That time has come. STLE is trade bait to try and make it happen.

To this day I've never had a better first impression of a pin than the first time I played IM.

I figure I can get ST again down the road after the code is fleshed out a bit more.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've owned IM before.

Have you played it again since it left? I looked for longingly out the window like a puppy till I came across it again. Id probably buy one again if the right deal came across my path.

STLE just has so much more meat to it....I dunno. Your call and all.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Have you played it again since it left? I looked for longingly out the window like a puppy till I came across it again. Id probably buy one again if the right deal came across my path.

I'm on my 3rd IM and it's probably the closest thing out there that delivers that ACDC type rush while you play it. It's also one if the best stacking Stern's In recent years. Hard to believe there are almost as many STLE's out there as there are IM's.

I think Rob is on the right track here.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Meat is overrated.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I'm on my 3rd IM and it's probably the closest thing out there that delivers that ACDC type rush while you play it.

I have an AC/DC for that.

Quoted from RobT:

Meat is overrated.

What about ManM...... Oh never mind.

ironman_8.jpgironman_8.jpg

#18 10 years ago

Thinking about it......
My IM is awfully nice though....

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do .. not ... get ... it. What are you seeing in this game (STLE)?!? Ooooh, great flow. Are you just mesmorized by the cabinet?? (It is a nice cabinet, I'll definitely give you that.) But other then that ... SO WHAT. Spider Man ... superior. XMEN ... superior. VERY similar flow and ramp shots only these games have more toys/elements and finished code. So many games out there that are every bit as fun at half the cost (or less.) Distributors are still sitting on NIB STLE's (in fact, some are listed for sale on Pinside.) At least 3 STLE's have come up for sale by owners in the last week in the 7200 range.

Yes, I know the ST lovers will thumbs down me immediately but it's true. The hype machine is winding down on STLE (just as it has for WOZ.)

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Meat is overrated.

Until your starving and it's right in front of your face without being able to get at it. Good luck finding a trade Rob.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Do .. not ... get ... it. What are you seeing in this game (STLE)?!? Ooooh, great flow. Are you just mesmorized by the cabinet?? (It is a nice cabinet, I'll definitely give you that.) But other then that ... SO WHAT. Spider Man ... superior. XMEN ... superior. VERY similar flow and ramp shots only these games have more toys/elements and finished code. So many games out there that are every bit as fun at half the cost (or less.) Distributors are still sitting on NIB STLE's (in fact, some are listed for sale on Pinside.) At least 3 STLE's have come up for sale by owners in the last week in the 7200 range.
Yes, I know the ST lovers will thumbs down me immediately but it's true. The hype machine is winding down on STLE (just as it has for WOZ.)

Craz4woz
Are you ok? You seem a little butt hurt about the whole STLE thing

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Who cares about the price, game enjoyment is all that matters. ST LE and Premium have excellent light shows, hooked up to a subwoofer the Audio is awesome, color changing inserts, speed, fun interactive toy to shoot in the middle, ramps have nice flow, warp ramp is so satisfying to hit multiple times in a row.

It passes my ocular pat down, Sorry you dont like, I just think you wait out the code maturation then decide if its a keeper.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Who cares about the price, game enjoyment is all that matters. ST LE and Premium have excellent light shows, hooked up to a subwoofer the Audio is awesome, color changing inserts, speed, fun interactive toy to shoot in the middle, ramps have nice flow, warp ramp is so satisfying to hit multiple times in a row.
It passes my ocular pat down, Sorry you dont like, I just think you wait out the code maturation then decide if its a keeper.

STLE's will be out there in the future and so will a bunch of Premiums. How many IM's will be available though?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Craz4woz
Are you ok? You seem a little butt hurt about the whole STLE thing

That is some very witty name calling. Kudos.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I agree enjoyment is what matters ... but the exact same things can be said for dozens of games not the least of which would be the 2 I noted (SM and XMLE.) XMLE hooked up to a sub?? ROCKS. I try really hard to find the fun in STLE ... and it seems kind of fun for a little bit .. but also lacking in so many ways.

And I do agree with those who have said you'll have less trouble picking up an STLE later than you will finding a quality IM.

#26 10 years ago

IM is amazing

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

How many IM's will be available though?

There will always be IM's for sale, there will always be people strained by budget and need to cash out to buy their next pin or someone who just gets tired of it and likes to rotate their pins.

I know a bunch of people within driving distance that have one, I know they were a shorter production run but ~1200~ or whatever we think were made, is still quite a few.

Post edited by centerflank: added still

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

There will always be IM's for sale, there will always be people strained by budget and need to cash out to buy their next pin or someone who just gets tired of it and likes to rotate their pins.

But this same logic suggests that any game out there is just as easy to get. It also doesn't explain why some games are worth more than others. I think the point is that with many fewer IM's made it may be harder to find a quality one in the long run.

Hmm ... I'm starting to sound like I'm attacking you tonight Centerflank, lol, but I don't mean to. Just discussing.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

XMEN ... superior.

lol

It's all subjective. X-Men is pretty close to my least favorite pin that I've ever owned.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Hmm ... I'm starting to sound like I'm attacking you tonight Centerflank, lol, but I don't mean to. Just discussing.

No worries, its fine.

RobT bought this ST NIB I am assuming, so now you have a pristine example in your home that has never gotten any moving bumps/bruises outside its original shipping box. That alone would be my reason to hold onto that specific ST over buying a used one down the road.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
It's all subjective. X-Men is pretty close to my least favorite pin that I've ever owned.

Really? That's absolutely crazy to me. I am by no means a fan of X-men comics (much less comics in general, lol) but this game just seems to have it all to me especially with the latest code release. Great flow/ramp shots ... great toys ... spinning disc/magnets ... awesome lighting ... awesome music/sounds .. just the whole package to me. Some folks don't seem to like that you can get the Weapon-X multiball so easy but to me that's just a perfectly balanced game. I've heard some folks complain Wolverine is too low on the PF (I never got this either because despite his size, the base of his body blocks very little in the way of shots). You have a simple 2-ball multiball that appeals to newbies but you have the much more challenging multiballs (and modes) for the advanced player. A+ to me.

But as you said ... to each his own.

#33 10 years ago

I would keep STLE and add IM

IMG_0848.JPGIMG_0848.JPG
#34 10 years ago

I actually would have been very interested in trading my IM for STLE had I not purchased a ST Premium a few weeks ago. All about timing I guess. Good luck with the search.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I actually would have been very interested in trading my IM for STLE had I not purchased a ST Premium a few weeks ago. All about timing I guess. Good luck with the search.

Yep, I've said it a million times: this hobby is all about timing. When we talked a few weeks ago, I really wasn't sure about trading it at that time.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

It seems like Rob sometimes needs to be shown the way. One day he will listen to me a little sooner or just wait for me to move what he's looking for.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It seems like Rob sometimes needs to be shown the way. One day he will listen to me a little sooner or just wait for me to move what he's looking for.

Bastard.

#38 10 years ago

A little visual tease for Rob. (;image.jpgimage.jpg

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

A little visual tease for Rob. (;

image.jpg 404 KB

That picture is sufficient for me.

I will accept your trade offer.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That picture is sufficient for me.
I will accept your trade offer.

Lol even I dont think you would go for that trade.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol even I dont think you would go for that trade.

Guess I was confused about which direction the money would be going.

#42 10 years ago

Ready to bail on STLE so soon? I heard ADHD was a fake condition.

#43 10 years ago

IM is an exceptional game - not played another game where the adrenalin can get going so quickly. It will remain an exception as Stern will not make a pin with such a shallow ruleset again.

#44 10 years ago

The thing about IM - is once you get one, you are very hesitant to let it go. I bought one to play for a while, but I really like the game so it will probably end up staying in the collection. Good luck on the hunt.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The thing about IM - is once you get one, you are very hesitant to let it go. I bought one to play for a while, but I really like the game so it will probably end up staying in the collection. Good luck on the hunt.

Depends on how large of a collection you can fit. Not everyone can swing the space for 29 games.

#46 10 years ago

I bought a IM a while back, The seller well he didn't want to sell it. Not sure why he did, I guess it was for personal reasons. I love the game but I like my STLE as well. Good luck Rob on finding one. I know when you looking it never seems to work but as soon as you pull the trigger or give up, they breed and show up every where.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I know when you looking it never seems to work but as soon as you pull the trigger or give up, they breed and show up every where.

You know, I broke my rule and had my Shadow shipped in from out of state. I wanted it bad (and still a keeper!) and couldn't find one locally. No one in CA wants to let go of the game, I know a lot of people with one. To this day I have yet to see one locally for sale. Shipping still sucks, but at least I haven't had to regret it.

#48 10 years ago

Chiming in here because my IM was Rob's before.

I have been downright giddy with IM of late. Laughing out loud, exhilarating games. And I've been getting Do your Die shot lit more than usual too...and draining about 3x more than cashing in! I have ACDC Prem too, and I've been playing it a lot more and have decided I like it a lot and am going to keep it awhile. But IM is way more intense for me. Stacked MBs on IM are so thrilling, because you can lose everything so fast. Even faster than on ACDC, which can be crazy but not nearly as brutal or intense.

I can now admit that I "get it" why people love ACDC so much. But more than that, I now understand why IM is the best game ever to some. IM is in a class by itself for its style of gameplay. I could imagine a world where I never sell IM. That surprises me, and I wonder how long it'll last.

#49 10 years ago

I am anxious to see what the STLE's go for. I'm thinking of selling mine and maybe another pin. I have a chance to buy my company car. It's a 2013 fusion titanium AWD that is completely loaded with 45,000 miles. It stickered at $35,000 and I can get it for $20,000. I don't want to do a car loan but I will if need be.

#50 10 years ago

That's not a good price with those miles

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-stle-for-huo-im-in-socal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.