FS/FT SST. FINAL reduction to 1600!!!!!!!!! ((((GAME HAS BEEN SOLD))))

Started 1 year ago by Hawkeyepin in forum MarketPinball machines for sale.



FS/FT SST. FINAL reduction to 1600!!!!!!!!! ((((GAME HAS BEEN SOLD))))


Topic summary

  • Started 1 year ago by Hawkeyepin
  • 15 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from tonymiddendorf

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Located in Des Moines Iowa. Full of LED's. ALL plastics intact. Plays super-fast. Great looking playfiend. Cabinet good. No flipperwear. Was home use for 10 years before I got it. Very clean interior. Comes with manual, SST key, bunch of original bulbs and a couple extra leds. All bugs and toys look great. DMD is great.

    Pictures in marketplace section originally listed for 1800.

    If you are looking for a prime condition SST then this is it. It has not been on route forever or beat on in any way. Check out what other players have been saying about the gameplay recently!!!!!

    If you are interested in a trade +/- cash please let me know what you have.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Sent to friend


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    northvibe said:

    Sent to friend

    Thanks northvibe. PM sent.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Hah, beat me to it northvibe


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I just love screaming alien bugs!


    Atomicboy

    Pinball guru
    5,492,400 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Good price for a very underrated machine. Play, music and light show are all top notch.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Thanks for the interest so far guys. I appreciate the speedy emails.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Hawkeyepin said:

    Thanks for the interest so far guys. I appreciate the speedy emails.

    I think he's just saying that to drive the price up on me!

    Haha, just kidding.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Ha. But in all seriousness, I just picked up my first SST and did a full tear down / shop out and I REALLY enjoy the game! Bang for your buck, I would I highly recommend it!

    (and the fact he already shopped it out with LED's e.t.c. will save you a good 10 hours of your life removing / re-installing ramps!)


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    (and the fact he already shopped it out with LED's e.t.c. will save you a good 10 hours of your life removing / re-installing ramps!)

    Amen to that.. what a real pain in the ass!!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I left the ones on the left side of the ramp because my purple alternative led looked like hell. The resst of them did take awhile to be sure. Fattrain I used blue 3 prong led's under the "BUG" section and the orbit lights. I've got color changing leds behind the cannons which looks pretty cool. The rest of them I just bought LEDS to match the playfield and I think it looks pretty good. I put some superbrights underneath the pop up brain bug (red and green) to give it a more alien look. I found a burned out flasher so I'll be changing that tonight.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    tonymiddendorf said:

    Hawkeyepin said:

    Thanks for the interest so far guys. I appreciate the speedy emails.
    I think he's just saying that to drive the price up on me!
    Haha, just kidding.

    Lol! I should have said thanks for such quick trade offers. All three pins I've never played before which kind of shocks me. Looks like I'll be hitting you tube tonight and trying to figure out if they look like something I'd be interested in.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I'd love to see a pic of this all lit up for some inspiration if you're willing!!

    Hawkeyepin said:

    I left the ones on the left side of the ramp because my purple alternative led looked like hell. The resst of them did take awhile to be sure. Fattrain I used blue 3 prong led's under the "BUG" section and the orbit lights. I've got color changing leds behind the cannons which looks pretty cool. The rest of them I just bought LEDS to match the playfield and I think it looks pretty good. I put some superbrights underneath the pop up brain bug (red and green) to give it a more alien look. I found a burned out flasher so I'll be changing that tonight.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    tonymiddendorf said:

    northvibe said:Sent to friend
    Thanks northvibe. PM sent.

    jonogo said:

    Hah, beat me to it northvibe

    haha the way Tony loved this at BB, I had to! we were playing and he was telling me about the head crab and I'm like...what?! when ?!? then he played a game and BAM I was screaming and we had a good time. I couldn't hit crap on it but Tony was a super star.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Hawkeyepin said:

    tonymiddendorf said:Hawkeyepin said:
    Thanks for the interest so far guys. I appreciate the speedy emails.
    I think he's just saying that to drive the price up on me!
    Haha, just kidding.
    Lol! I should have said thanks for such quick trade offers. All three pins I've never played before which kind of shocks me. Looks like I'll be hitting you tube tonight and trying to figure out if they look like something I'd be interested in.

    Not sure if I've ever watched a video for SF II (or if there's one out there), but you should know that after you 'defeat' each character, the DMD displays your choice of two modes, then you select which one you want with your flipper. I know sometimes gameplay video doesn't show the DMD, so that's just a heads up!

    It must be kind of nice having a bunch of pins thrown at your feet saying "choose me! choose me!"


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    northvibe said:

    tonymiddendorf said:northvibe said:Sent to friend
    Thanks northvibe. PM sent.
    jonogo said:Hah, beat me to it northvibe
    haha the way Tony loved this at BB, I had to! we were playing and he was telling me about the head crab and I'm like...what?! when ?!? then he played a game and BAM I was screaming and we had a good time. I couldn't hit crap on it but Tony was a super star.

    Yeah, I always wanted a SST, and I missed out on one a few months ago because I didn't have the $$$. I had never even played it until this weekend, and I loved it! Super fast, not overly complex, but not just mindless flipping either. That small flipper definitely bugs you until you get used to it!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    OK, What's SST?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    star ship troopers. The first time I saw that pink flipper I figured the original must have broke off. It seems so out of place.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    vicjw66 said:

    star ship troopers. The first time I saw that pink flipper I figured the original must have broke off. It seems so out of place.

    I think it's to remind the player it's actually there.. you get more points if you use it (like Demoman's triggers).

    - B


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    cowman57 said:

    OK, What's SST?

    Also goes by the abbreviation ST, FYI.

    LOL, OMG, NVM, IMHO, BRB.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pinball_customs said:

    vicjw66 said:star ship troopers. The first time I saw that pink flipper I figured the original must have broke off. It seems so out of place.
    I think it's to remind the player it's actually there.. you get more points if you use it (like Demoman's triggers).
    - B

    REALLY??! oh i never knew that!! I thought it was so funky...then using it was kinda fun


    StevenP

    Pinball master
    3,326,850 4
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    Ha. But in all seriousness, I just picked up my first SST and did a full tear down / shop out and I REALLY enjoy the game! Bang for your buck, I would I highly recommend it!
    (and the fact he already shopped it out with LED's e.t.c. will save you a good 10 hours of your life removing / re-installing ramps!)

    Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs. (Had to do that with my WWF RR and it was a PITA)


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    tonymiddendorf said:

    Also goes by the abbreviation ST, FYI.

    Normally when I hear that I think of Startrek and it is searchable by SST on IPDB.org so I use that.

    StevenP said:

    Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs.

    All GI bulbs and some controlled lamps are actually staple/wire braided into the PF and can only be accessed from the topside UNDER the ramp system. It's something you don't want to have to replace often so even if you're an LED hater, it might be worth getting frosted warm whites just so you don't have to do massive tear-down's in the future to change a single bulb... Just my 2 cents.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    A

    StevenP said:
    fattrain said:

    Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs. (Had to do that with my WWF RR and it was a PITA)

    A purist! That's cool. My personal taste is that this is a sci-fi game and the leds add an extra futuristic pop to the game. I was under the impression they were less hard under the playfield but could be wrong.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    Normally when I hear that I think of Startrek and it is searchable by SST on IPDB.org so I use that.

    I agree- I like SST better.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Thanks for the trade offers, I looked all of them up on you tube last night and I don't think they're something I'm interested in at this point. I would be interested in a Black Rose, WCS, Congo, FH, Class of 1812 and possibly some others I haven't played. Thanks guys!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Thanks for the quick reply, Hawk.

    After the new home purchase, I'm hoping there will be enough $$ left to still pick up SST for your cash price. Not sure if you are planning (or already) the Craigslist route, but if you could wait a week and a half- I'll have a clear idea if I can pick up SST from you.

    best of luck!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    It's something you don't want to have to replace often so even if you're an LED hater, it might be worth getting frosted warm whites just so you don't have to do massive tear-down's in the future to change a single bulb... Just my 2 cents.

    Amen to that... a burnt out bulb drives me nuts, and the thought of removing all those ramps again just to replace a single bulb scares the crap outta me. Stupid multi-layer plastics and inter-weaved ramps..


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    If OP sells to Tony it will go to a good loving home Hope it works out.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I've got a burnt out bulb on my diner.. in the juke box.. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe I need to remove a ramp just to get at that lil sob.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    It's not so bad, but it's a little tricky. The Jukebox mounts through the backboard. On system 11 games they don't slide forward like they do on WPC games. What you have to do is slide the playfield forward off the bracket, use a 2x4 to support it on the edge of the game. When you go to slide it back, you actually have to drop it back into the pivot mech.

    Now, those instructions are referencing how to take the jukebox off. I don't recall if you have to remove the whole thing. Either way, it's not bad. If you have to take the jukebox off, get an extra set of hands.

    jonogo said:

    I've got a burnt out bulb on my diner.. in the juke box.. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe I need to remove a ramp just to get at that lil sob.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jalpert said:

    It's not so bad, but it's a little tricky. The Jukebox mounts through the backboard. On system 11 games they don't slide forward like they do on WPC games. What you have to do is slide the playfield forward off the bracket, use a 2x4 to support it on the edge of the game. When you go to slide it back, you actually have to drop it back into the pivot mech.
    Now, those instructions are referencing how to take the jukebox off. I don't recall if you have to remove the whole thing. Either way, it's not bad. If you have to take the jukebox off, get an extra set of hands.
    jonogo said:I've got a burnt out bulb on my diner.. in the juke box.. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe I need to remove a ramp just to get at that lil sob.

    Ahh ok, thanks dude. I'll have to bribe a friend to come help me.. Luckily I have an ample supply of beer to barter w/.


    StevenP

    Pinball master
    3,326,850 4
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    fattrain said:

    tonymiddendorf said:Also goes by the abbreviation ST, FYI.
    Normally when I hear that I think of Startrek and it is searchable by SST on IPDB.org so I use that.
    StevenP said:Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs.
    All GI bulbs and some controlled lamps are actually staple/wire braided into the PF and can only be accessed from the topside UNDER the ramp system. It's something you don't want to have to replace often so even if you're an LED hater, it might be worth getting frosted warm whites just so you don't have to do massive tear-down's in the future to change a single bulb... Just my 2 cents.

    Yeah, that's a valid point. Removing the mini-pf on WWF RR and getting under there was a massive PITA! Wouldn't want to do it again...


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    PM sent.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Game is sold pending pickup tomorrow!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Hawkeyepin said:

    Game is sold pending pickup tomorrow!

    Congrats Hawk, even though it wasn't me. I'm glad that it's going to another pinsider!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    It is Tony and like I told you, he was first in line. If he decides against it, I will contact you first via pm.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Hawkeyepin said:

    It is Tony and like I told you, he was first in line. If he decides against it, I will contact you first via pm.

    I sent him a PM. He said he would let me know first if he ever wants to sell it! I guess I might get it sooner or later.

    Thanks for the consideration, Hawk. Take care, buddy


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    SST has been sold! Pinraider and Pinatration are en route back up north with game in tow. Thanks guys for the smooth transaction. It's a great game.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Hawkeyepin said:

    Pinraider and Pinatration are en route...

    Did Pinrapist or Pinmurder assist in the sale?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jayhawkai said:

    Hawkeyepin said:Pinraider and Pinatration are en route...
    Did Pinrapist or Pinmurder assist in the sale?

    CLASSIC!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    No. Pinmolester wanted to come but he was busy. Lol!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Great Game. This pin is in perfect condition. It is everything that was promised. Worth the drive to Iowa.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Congrats to all!



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple