Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Underside.jpg
Arcade cab.jpg
Eli Kit.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I LOVE TRON, like, a lot.

However, my wife does not.

My wife doesn't like the way TRON plays or the way it feels. She likes how it looks and sounds? In my other thread, I talked about how my wife played X-Men with me almost every time I turned it on. And she would play multiple games over and over...With TRON, she has played it once. One time. And that bums me out hard since we share in our hobbies.

Long story short, she's stated a few times that she doesn't like it. Last night (after a bottle of wine...), she straight up said, "I like everything TRON, but I don't like the pinball machine at all." Whelp.

As such, IF I can find the right deal, I'm going to consider selling/trading my TRON. Yeah, already, dramadramadrama. Please leave that in other threads. I'm looking to get a game my wife enjoys, too. That's super important to me. We spend a lot of time together and share a lot of our hobbies, so my goal is to make sure she enjoys this hobby as much as I do. She loves pinball, but not the "score attack" side...She enjoys playing it. TRON focuses heavily on scoring and isn't obvious to a new/inexperienced player. X-Men was great for her because it was "shoot the scoop to start the mode, shoot the flashing lights". And it was easy for her to do. That's why she likes the way Star Trek looks.

Anyways, if the right deal doesn't come along or whatever, I'm not going to be hurt. I'll hold onto this as long as I need to until something works out. Maybe it never will, haha. But we'll let that simmer.

So here's TRON...

Current mods:
Shaker
Flipper Fidelity speaker and sub setup
Cointaker LED kit throughout
Chick and Clu translite (have 3D as well, but I can't let this go for other reasons)
Light cycles (not currently wired up, but have them ready to go)
8-way splitter (for all those mods!)
3.1 arcade mod (freshly installed)
Flynn's Arcade sign
Eli's ramp kit
Cliffy scoop protector
Cliffy ramp protectors
Cliffy switch protectors (2, under the ramps)
Hooked pop bumpers (black, not chrome)
Blue powder coated laser cut side rails and hinges (no EL lighting, can be added)
Blue powder coated legs
Blue powder coated lockdown
Hinged lockdown receiver (I hate the pro version)
Slide maintenance brackets (these should be on all Stern pros goodness)
Flipper toppers (I have pics of these)
Orange/blue superbands to match LEDs
Plastic protectors throughout
Shooter rod identity disc mod (not installed)
Buckwerx audio assembly (not installed)
Random other little things (fresh rubbers, stickers, decals, extra light cycle things to mount, spotlights, etc)

No, I'm not disowning TRON. I LOVE the game, but as I said above (and I need to state it AGAIN so I don't get TRON hate), my wife just isn't digging it. The blue powdercoated parts are coming in tomorrow/Wednesday as the owner of the plant will be delivering them to me. Will update pictures when I get them.

=========================
If I were going to sell it outright, I'd want to get about $6900 (what I paid + cost of all my mods - fact that it's not NIB? = price). All offers will be considered, though. Please keep comments about value of game + mods not being the value of this machine. If you are only in here to complain or be a bugger, please just leave that in another thread.

Machine is HUO, I'm the second owner. I have the receipt if you're into that. Otherwise, I would love to trade for a Star Trek. Pro + cash is probably best as we've got some house repairs to make (I think we have foundation mold...that won't be cheap), and a puppy is coming in 3 weeks.
=========================

Not in any hurry, so I'll let this hang for a bit. PM me and we can talk. I have tons of pictures I can add later (need to get them off my phone). All the best!

Eli Kit.jpgEli Kit.jpg
Arcade cab.jpgArcade cab.jpg
Underside.jpgUnderside.jpg

#2 9 years ago

If my wife cared at all about pinball and played with me (she couldn't care less, but super supportive otherwise about my madness) I'd try and stick with games she cared about too.

#4 9 years ago

Nice Tron, hopefully you can get a really pimped out trade or a good trade with little cash to boot

#5 9 years ago

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. You must have added plenty of stuff to it since you finally received it. Man you were so stoked to get the darn thing. It will go fast . GLWS

#6 9 years ago

I'd probably consider filing for divorce if my wife said she liked Xmen over Tron.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I'd probably consider filing for divorce if my wife said she liked Xmen over Tron.

She doesn't like X-Men as a theme, but likes it as a game.

And I have a spreadsheet tallying up the cost of all the mods. If interested, I'm happy to post it. If someone wants to PM me an offer, we can talk. I'm open to a few offers, sure. But yes, the total cost of all mods is around $1900.

E:

Quoted from Aurich:If my wife cared at all about pinball and played with me (she couldn't care less, but super supportive otherwise about my madness) I'd try and stick with games she cared about too.

Yeah, it is what it is. I'm not really bummed because I like sharing this stuff with her.

#8 9 years ago

X-Men is an awesome game. I'd take X-Men over Tron any day. That being said ... I still do want Tron. But 6900 seems steep .. I don't think mods hold their value during resell, but they are a buying incentive. GLWS.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

X-Men is an awesome game. I'd take X-Men over Tron any day. That being said ... I still do want Tron. But 6900 seems steep .. I don't think mods hold their value during resell, but they are a buying incentive. GLWS.

Number is out there for people to see. If they want to make a fair offer, I'm down. Actual value is $7093 (with an approximate value for the all the powdercoating). To be honest, that would be the thing I am over-valuing at the moment. If I were to bring that down to JUST the cost of the parts, probably closer to $6700. But there is a cost associated with powdercoating. Despite me not paying FULL price for the service, I have to fork over something.

#10 9 years ago

Beautiful Tron. I'm an owner myself. Total investment and actual value are typically two different things, but you've certainly got a $6-something Tron there. Good luck with the sale!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Beautiful Tron. I'm an owner myself. Total investment and actual value are typically two different things, but you've certainly got a $6-something Tron there. Good luck with the sale!

100% agree. I'm going to add an OBO to my OP so people will focus on THAT side of it instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-huo-modded-tron-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.