IMG_8240.JPG
IMG_8239.JPG
IMG_8238.JPG
IMG_8233.JPG
IMG_8230.JPG
IMG_8229.JPG
IMG_8228.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I've got a 1992 Williams Getaway: High Speed 2 for sale. I just recently stripped the playfield and cleaned, polished and waxed it with Maguires. It's a Diamondplate playfield and looks great. The cabinet has the typical fade. I installed new bulbs (incandescent) and rubbers along with new pop bumper caps, Cliffy colored post sleeves and super-band flipper rubbers. All three flippers have been rebuilt with all new parts including new coils. The pin plays really fast!

I'm asking $2100. The pin will be at Pinball At The Zoo Thursday thru Saturday so you can check it out there. Pictures are below. I took these before I installed the apron cards.

PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks.

IMG_8228.JPGIMG_8228.JPG IMG_8229.JPGIMG_8229.JPG IMG_8230.JPGIMG_8230.JPG IMG_8233.JPGIMG_8233.JPG IMG_8238.JPGIMG_8238.JPG IMG_8239.JPGIMG_8239.JPG IMG_8240.JPGIMG_8240.JPG IMG_8241.JPGIMG_8241.JPG
#2 9 years ago

I've received alot of PM's about the Getaway (and a completely low ball offer from Choggard). I've got a buyer lined up but if it doesn't work out, I'll update here.

Thanks.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

I've received alot of PM's about the Getaway (and a completely low ball offer from Choggard).

Im suprised it took that long to line up a sale, looks like a real nice game!

I'm guessing $1500 for the Chugster offer...Do I win a free game?!?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Im suprised it took that long to line up a sale, looks like a real nice game!

Close - $1600!

#5 9 years ago

Played this last night. Looks and plays great. Hope it stays in Michigan!

#6 9 years ago

@Sarge-Im suprised it took that long to line up a sale, looks like a real nice game!

Coming from a guy who wanted my Taxi for $1k.. lol

Besides who cares, if you don't like someone's offer than move along. I get offers all the time on my machines that are half my asking price but I just say thanks for the offer and that's the end of it.

#7 9 years ago

You mean coming from someone I thought I could get $2500 for my Taxi from?

I find it hilarious you thumbs down Debasers post when all he did was prove what a cheap slimy scam artist you are...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

You mean coming from someone I thought I could get $2500 for my Taxi from?
I find it hilarious you thumbs down Debasers post when all he did was prove what a cheap slimy scam artist you are...

$1,600 for a geteway? really? lol

Atleast I had the decency to not ridicule someone's offer on a public forum.

#9 9 years ago

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

I've received alot of PM's about the Getaway (and a completely low ball offer from Choggard). I've got a buyer lined up but if it doesn't work out, I'll update here.
Thanks.

I've got my full-price offer in there. And I'm ready if something should go awry. I would have brought the money with me had I known that this was going to be at PATZ. You didn't do a great job in making the connection between this ad and the pin being at PATZ. I don't believe that there was a "for sale" sign on the pin either. Maybe that was by design. I don't know. Either way, my offer still stands. Thanks!

I totally agree with your decision to call out Choggard on this. It's probably not normally considered good taste. But, it's not just a one-time thing. If you have a reputation from repeatedly doing the same things over and over again and it's not just a one-time occurrence that you learn something from, then you deserve to be called out. It's clear from his responses on this thread that he still doesn't "get it".

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

Coming from a guy who wanted my Taxi for $1k.. lol
Besides who cares, if you don't like someone's offer than move along. I get offers all the time on my machines that are half my asking price but I just say thanks for the offer and that's the end of it.

Aside from being a lowballer, you're a scammer (see Blackout threads,) an over-the-top flipper (see Taxi threads and others,) and you engage in deceitful business practices (see any HugsC posts, where you created a duplicate account to stroke your sale threads.)

I thought you had shaped up after getting banned for having multiple accounts.... apparently I was wrong.

#12 9 years ago

Got to play this pin at PATZ. It was in terrific condition and fun to play. GLWTS.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Jimid34:

Got to play this pin at PATZ. It was in terrific condition and fun to play. GLWTS.

Yeah, it's definitely a nice-looking Getaway!

#14 9 years ago

LOL @ Choggard being too much of a pansy to actually respond to my post, and just giving a thumbs-down. He knows he's in the wrong.

For new people who want to know who Choggard is:
His lowballing past (a small snippit.)
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fst-space-jam-grand-lizard-big-guns-dale-jr-star-trek-next-gen-ft#postbox

Oh, hey, this guy ships broken stuff labeled as "home use only" and charges a premium:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choggards-defective-2300-blackoutrepaired-by-ray-brackins

His "buddy" Hugsc:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-taxi-michigan

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

LOL @ Choggard being too much of a pansy to actually respond to my post, and just giving a thumbs-down. He knows he's in the wrong.
For new people who want to know who Choggard is:
His lowballing past (a small snippit.)
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fst-space-jam-grand-lizard-big-guns-dale-jr-star-trek-next-gen-ft#postbox
Oh, hey, this guy ships broken stuff labeled as "home use only" and charges a premium:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/choggards-defective-2300-blackoutrepaired-by-ray-brackins
His "buddy" Hugsc:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-taxi-michigan

Oh the drama on pinside with Colleen..

I suppose my $1,600 offer was wrong of me too in your eyes when I can get one right now for $1,700 in the same condition. You better mark this add to copy and paste later in some other forum to show my low ball ways.. Lol

You seem to be my biggest fan (stalker) if you 'd like to talk with me PM and I'll give you my phone number so we can chat..

Sorry opt, I am done posting in this thread.. I really do wish you the best of luck with your sale..

#16 9 years ago

Someone needs to tell both of you to stop arguing. Choggard had his bad moments but those are in the past. He has really cleaned up his act around here. Collin needs to stop bringing all this shit up. Anyways back on track. GLWS looks like a nice machine.

#17 9 years ago

I thought Getaway's were floating around 1,500. But yours sounds like it's in pretty good condition. If you still got it let me know.

#18 9 years ago

1600 is not quite a low ball offer. Its under 25% reduction of the asking price which is pretty standard negotiation tactic. Seller responds with counteroffer roughly 15% reduction in asking price expected in return. I don't know choggard's previous negative practices but I've seen getaway 1400-1800 often recently. In this one case he probably wasnt too out of line.

#19 9 years ago

Your getaway is very nice I might add. Glws!

#20 9 years ago

Nice machine, and a great seller.

#21 9 years ago

played this machine today at PATZ........nice machine very fun and fast

#22 9 years ago

Think it won best of 90s award at PATZ? It was pretty sweet.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

It sure did, and I had the pleasure of putting a couple plays on it. Nice clean machine. Worth the asking price IMHO.

#24 9 years ago

The Getaway sold to the first person that PM'd me about it. He was willing to let it stay all three days so that everyone could play it. This is why it didn't have a for sale tag on it at PATZ. I got alot of PM's on this machine and I apoloigze for not getting back to everyone. Reception was spotty on my phone at the show and I was having too much fun talking with old friends, meeting new ones and playing in the tournaments. Can't wait until next year to do it all over again!

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Yes it did! Caught me by surprise as there where some nice looking 90's pin's there. Ben and Erin's Monster Bash won Best of Show. That machine was amazing!

#26 9 years ago

I was the one that took the Black Sheep Squadron off your hands. Very happy with the purchase, thanks!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

I was the one that took the Black Sheep Squadron off your hands. Very happy with the purchase, thanks!

Ahh, nice to put a face with a handle. Glad you are happy with the BSS. Enjoy!

Rodney

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-getaway-in-grand-rapids-mi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.