Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3_-_Inside_Front.JPG
    2_-_Front.JPG
    1_-_Side_Angle.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/8239

** PRICE REDUCED another $725

** NOTE: This is the Widebody EXTREME edition, not the Standard edition currently selling in eBay auctions.

This listing is for a VirtuaPin multi-table pinball simulation system. These machines are hand-crafted in the US using original Williams/Bally WPC cabinet parts including authentic details like actual leaf switches. This is the widebody model with a ruggedized commercial-grade 42” display. The extremely powerful i5 processor and dual GTX 560s guarantee smooth gameplay and realistic physics simulation.

This model comes with three displays (playfield, DMD and backglass), an audio amplifier, 10” subwoofer, digital plunger, analog plunger and 3D accelerometer for realistic nudge control. I have upgraded the subwoofer with a dedicated 150W subwoofer amplifier ($250 upgrade) and I have added an authentic coin door worth $100 (coin mechanism not included). I am also including extra backglass prints (worth $40).

This machine plays like a dream and is capable of running more than 600 painstakingly recreated tables available free to download from sites like VPForums.org and IRPinball.org. This is by far THE closest you can get to owning hundreds of pinball machines, and it only requires the space of one. If you have limited room, are new to pinball or simply can’t decide which one you want to own first, why not own them all with this beautiful VirtuaPin cabinet?

I strongly prefer to sell the machine for local pickup in Houston, but if you’re willing to coordinate freight pickup with the shipper of your choice I’m willing to go that route. Obviously I can’t be responsible for it after it leaves my location but I’m happy to take pictures of the machine as it’s loaded on their truck.

New these machines sell for over $6,000.00. Add tax and shipping (~$475 depending on where you’re at in the US) and you’re looking at around $7,000.00, which is what I paid for it. On top of that I added another $400.00 worth of upgrades. I was asking $5,600.00, now asking $4,875.00.

More pictures: http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/eXntrc/library/VirtuaPin

1_-_Side_Angle.JPG1_-_Side_Angle.JPG 2_-_Front.JPG2_-_Front.JPG 3_-_Inside_Front.JPG3_-_Inside_Front.JPG

Post edited by eXntrc : Noted that this is a EXTREME edition and updated price.

#2 10 years ago

FYI, I dropped the price and noted that this is the EXTREME edition, not the standard or ultra editions for sale on eBay.

Thanks

#3 10 years ago

Cool machine.

Bump for a good seller.

4 weeks later
    #4 10 years ago

Just reduced the price again. Willing to negotiate some, especially for a local buyer.

#5 10 years ago

These are interesting but I've never seen one in person... I'm almost tempted. How well is this documented? At first take it seems like it would be best to build one yourself so you can troubleshoot later. Is there documentation available?

#6 10 years ago

It's a PC. It runs Windows XP. Documentation is available on the internet as far as how you would set one up if you were to do it yourself. When you buy it from VirtuaPin they include a customized version of the HyperPin front-end. It's still on the machine but I have kept up with the latest versions of all software so the machine boots into the latest non-branded version of HyperPin. I have also customized the XP boot screen so it looks more like a dedicated pinball machine rather than plain old XP during boot.

I have a lot of documentation myself. I keep it in OneNote but I could easily convert it to a Word document. Mainly it's about knowing which site to go to, which files to download and what folder they go in. Each table needs at minimum two files: The Table file and the ROM file. The front-end needs screenshots but those can be generated with a keyboard shortcut while you're playing the table. I highly recommend that you get the active backglass for the table so the backglass updates in real-time instead of just being a static image. Optionally you may also include scanned flyer images and scanned rule card images if you want to be able to display them during the game.

There are at least two tools out there that check your folders and tell you what (if any) files you're missing. I am the author of one of those tools and my utility is called PinTools. You can read about it here:

http://jaredbienz.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/pintools-take-control-of-virtual-pinball/

Of course I'm willing to stay in touch with my buyer, help them get up to speed and assist with adding their first table or two. I can help over Skype or any other remote screen sharing tool. In fact VNC is already installed on the machine.

#7 10 years ago

Oh, and as far as the hardware is concerned it's all off-the-shelf parts. The flipper buttons, analog plunger and accelerometer (for tilt) are all part of single board that connects via USB. They all show up as a single joystick in control panel so it's very easy to troubleshoot and test. It's got a USB wifi adapter, USB wireless keyboard and wireless mouse too. There's really very little that can go wrong with the hardware, and every part is readily available for replacement.

1 month later
    #8 10 years ago

I am now hearing 3-D is coming to Virtual Pins.

#9 10 years ago

How many tables come installed? does yours
    have force feedback or or any 'Extra Goodies'
    how old is the machine??

#10 10 years ago

I think I have 8 or 10 tables already installed. STTNG, Star Trek 25th, Adams Family, South Park and several others.

Force feedback? I don't know if you mean rumble or nudge. It does have an accelerometer so it can be nudged like a real table. It does not have a rumbler. None of them do. No plugin has been created yet to tie into that data from the VPinMame ROM emulator to an external shaker motor (at least that I'm aware of).

Having said that, it does have an upgraded subwoofer and I added an extra dedicated subwoofer amp, so their is plenty of bass and you can feel it. I'm also including extra backglass prints and I'll help support the person who buys it through adding their first few tables.

This is the widebody ultra model. Let me know if you have any more questions and thanks for your interest.

#11 10 years ago

I think some guys were installing flipper coils and hardware in virtual pins. That way when you flipped the flippers, you could feel it. Maybe that's what he meant.

Quoted from eXntrc:

Force feedback?

#12 10 years ago

You can install a ledwiz to run lights and a shaker. Get everything you need from Zebulon

http://www.zebsboards.com

#13 10 years ago

Wow! That thing looks nice! GLWTS

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I think some guys were installing flipper coils and hardware in virtual pins. That way when you flipped the flippers, you could feel it. Maybe that's what he meant.

yes, people are installing like 24volt contactors to make the flipper sounds and other various sounds for the game.

#15 10 years ago

If I were to pick up a virtual table, it would be a VirtuaPin. This machine looks really nice and makes me reconsider the next purchase... Good luck!

#16 10 years ago

Nice vp GLWS

#17 10 years ago

Good point, I didn't think about the LEDWiz driving relays or something larger. And yeah, I had heard of people putting in solenoids as well. I do have a LED Wiz that I haven't installed yet. I planned on mounting a multi-color 3W LED and hook it up to flash the right color in sequence on tables that have flashers. I haven't gotten around to it, but the ability to mod and extend these things with off-the-shelf parts is one of the things that originally attracted me to it.

1 week later
    #18 10 years ago

machine still for sale??

#19 10 years ago

Yes it is. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am now hearing 3-D is coming to Virtual Pins.

Unfortunately to enable a tv's 3d mode, you enable the tv's processing (disabling game mode). This adds some input lag

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-virtuapin-pinball-simulation-system and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.