FS: Safe Cracker Very Nice Condition in So Cal (Shipping Ok, Price Change)

Started 9 months ago by cleland in forum MarketPinball machines for sale.



FS: Safe Cracker Very Nice Condition in So Cal (Shipping Ok, Price Change)


Topic summary

  • Started 9 months ago by cleland
  • 27 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from gweempose

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    I'm selling a very nice Safe Cracker for a friend of mine. He likes to have a couple of games, but is not a collector or even play them all that much. I recently forced my TOM and CV on him and he wants to part with his Safe Cracker now. I have maintained it for him the last 2 years he's owned it and I have to say I've never seen one this clean. I'll let the pictures in the link below speak for themselves. The machine is in my possession and is available to view in So Cal. He's asking $7200 but before the price police jump on me, all offers will be considered. This is a really nice example of a rare machine and for those who want a nice original Safe Cracker, this might be your shot.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Here is a little background on the machine:

    Machine that has been well cared for and seen little use over the years.

    If you like your machines in top notch original condition this is a fine example for you.

    Includes side wings in very nice condition with only a couple of minor surface scratches in the stickers.

    Newly installed rope lighting from NOS factory supply.

    LED's in the inserts, Hundreds (around 150) of Magic Tokens, Manual, Some extra plastic, and all keys.

    The original ramps are in perfect condition with no cracks, all plastic pieces are in perfect condition, bank vault eject hole is in near perfect condition with very little wear.

    Original cabinet is in beautiful condition and nice and bright with no touch ups or marks (there is slight fade on the left side, but it is minimal).

    Back box sides are in very good condition with only a couple of dings.

    The inside is very clean, you could practically eat off it.

    Original matching boards in fine shape with no hacks or burnt connectors.

    I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, this is a near perfect example of a rare game.

    https://plus.google.com/photos/112728566424395497553/albums/5893885408688643201?authkey=CMyFmMHZmeewIw

    Also, there is some video of gameplay I took today here:

    » YouTube video

    I'm in the So Cal area, but I can blanket wrap and strap to a pallet for no additional charge and work with your shipper.

    All offers considered, but only looking to sell. NO TRADES on this one.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Shes a beauty


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Hi Kevin

    Looks good but price for this condition
    Is between 5-7 K. If you want to sell it
    5 k for quick sale
    7k if you can sit on it for a while

    See you next meeting OC


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Thanks, but I'm not the Kevin you must be thinking of as I am not in the OC. Show me a Safe Cracker in this condition that sold for $5k and I'll eat my own head.

    » YouTube video


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Good luck trying to sell this SC, but I fully agree with rvdv.

    That's some bad fade on the left (far from 'minimal').


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Sure seems like this game always comes up for sell in Cali . . . the last three I've seen anyway. Looks like a nice example. Good luck with the sale.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    TigerLaw said:

    Sure seems like this game always comes up for sell in Cali . . . the last three I've seen anyway. Looks like a nice example. Good luck with the sale.

    real estate is a premium so we all have mini pins hahaha


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    Thanks, but I'm not the Kevin you must be thinking of as I am not in the OC. Show me a Safe Cracker in this condition that sold for $5k and I'll eat my own head.
    » YouTube video

    I picked up my new in box Safe Cracker about 15 months ago for 3k from a operator who had two in his house... Let the head eating commence... Ill get the popcorn!


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Nice game by the way. Glws


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    GLWS!

    Original Bally Promo Video.

    Enjoy!

    » YouTube video


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    http://pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1015
    He's been trying to sell it for over 3 months now. Start eating buddy!


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    He said 'sold' for 5k

    This one hasn't sold yet

    flashinstinct said:

    http://pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1015
    He's been trying to sell it for over 3 months now. Start eating buddy!


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    You also have this one (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/possible-ft-sc-central-va) with a HEP restored PF that has been FS for 5 months now. It's listed at 8k, but I can't remember where it started. Granted TaylorVA says no shipping, but it's another data point.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Monster_Bash said:

    He said 'sold' for 5k
    This one hasn't sold yet

    Yeah but at $4500 and it's really nice. It will sell.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    It looks like a damn nice SC. Based on the photos, I'm not sure "Collector Quality" is accurate, but it's a very nice example. It will sell eventually when the right buyer comes along, but it may take a while. The market is sluggish right now, particularly for this title.

    GLWTS!


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    That fading is pretty hard on the left side of the cabinet, I would ding it pretty hard for that if I was buying it. Don't see this being an 8k game, looks like a cool game though.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Yeah, he's in no hurry to sell and it will take the right buyer who wants a clean original Safe Cracker and like I said all offers will be considered.... But not $4500
    The left of the cabinet does not look that faded, more so to the front than the back, but there's not a ding on it either.


    NM

    Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    Show me a Safe Cracker in this condition that sold for $5k and I'll eat my own head.

    Here's a fairly recent comp from Pinside of what looked like a very nice example--asking was reduced to $5,750 before the game sold for an unknown price.

    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-safe-cracker

    Personally, I'd remove the CQ description from the headline and let potential buyers assess it themselves--as nearly all hobbyists are going to define CQ as having zero cabinet fade.

    GLWS


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    So it's not overpriced, but a blind auction?

    cleland said:

    He's asking $8300 but before the price police jump on me, all offers will be considered.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Yup..when I see 'collector quality' listed as a condition I usually stay away. Nothing but buzz words to add 20-30% to the price of a machine.

    gweempose said:

    It looks like a damn nice SC. Based on the photos, I'm not sure "Collector Quality" is accurate, but it's a very nice example. It will sell eventually when the right buyer comes along, but it may take a while. The market is sluggish right now, particularly for this title.
    GLWTS!


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,278,023 3
    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    I sold a really nice unfaded SC a few months ago in the mid $5k range


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Spin it any way you like. List it as a real nice example, but get rid of CQ in the description. And forget the $8300 price tag. Never going to happen here I'm pretty sure, and negotiating from that price point is insulting.

    I owned a restored SC that was an original one owner. This isn't close. By restored I mean new decals due to slight fade.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    Thanks, but I'm not the Kevin you must be thinking of as I am not in the OC. Show me a Safe Cracker in this condition that sold for $5k and I'll eat my own head.
    » YouTube video

    Oh, and I sold mine for 5k. Start eatin'!


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Things that annoy me: People who list something for sale but don't price it. If you want to auction go on eBay and pay their fees.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Richthofen said:

    People who list something for sale but don't price it. If you want to auction go on eBay and pay their fees.

    He did list an asking price - $8300.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    wonderpuddle said:

    He did list an asking price - $8300.

    Sorry, didn't see it. Guess pinflation has really got me quick on the trigger.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Monster_Bash said:

    Yup..when I see 'collector quality' listed as a condition I usually stay away. Nothing but buzz words to add 20-30% to the price of a machine.

    It seems every game for sale these days is now considered "collector quality". I've been looking for a TZ for almost a year now and have not had someone offer me one for less than $5500 (most were over $6000). All of them had cabinets that were beat to hell as well.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    This is pretty much BS. He said $8,300 and implied that he didn't expect to get it and he was taking offers. He knows he's thousands of dollars too high and he's running a blind auction. He thinks we are all stupid, especially with that whole "price police" comment.

    The worst part about it is, this tactic usually works. Although, I've never heard of a game listed as collector quality that has a decent amount of fade. The fade isn't even which makes it 10 times worse IMO. Pictures can be taken at certain angles, in certain ways to make games look much nicer than they are. When the description of the game is exaggerated, you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you are shipping this game in.

    wonderpuddle said:

    He did list an asking price - $8300.

    cleland said:

    He's asking $8300 but before the price police jump on me, all offers will be considered.

    cleland said:

    Collector quality machine that has been well cared for and seen little use over the years.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Sorry, didn't see it. Guess pinflation has really got me quick on the trigger.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Geez, you guys are tough. I think it's collector quality, but I have changed the description to not say that so I don't offend anyone. The truth is, I was not sure at what price to start at so I threw out a number. The market will set what the machine is worth, I get it but you have start somewhere.
    Therefore we have now come up with $7200 as a starting point. If nobody is interested in a couple of weeks, then we will adjust. I didn't realize there were so many out there, this is the only one I have ever seen and certainly a nice condition machine.

    Kevin


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    Geez, you guys are tough. I think it's collector quality, but I have changed the description to not say that so I don't offend anyone. The truth is, I was not sure at what price to start at so I threw out a number. The market will set what the machine is worth, I get it but you have start somewhere.
    Therefore we have now come up with $7200 as a starting point. If nobody is interested in a couple of weeks, then we will adjust. I didn't realize there were so many out there, this is the only one I have ever seen and certainly a nice condition machine.
    Kevin

    No worries Kevin. Good luck on your sale! Regardless of what you put people will come to crap on the thread. Yes, it may be a bit high, but if it sits for a couple weeks with no sale then that will be a tell tale sign and you can lower as needed.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    jalpert said:

    So it's not overpriced, but a blind auction?

    LOL, this is actually a really good assessment.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    This pin will crack somebody's safe, eventually.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    o-din said:

    This pin will crack somebody's safe, eventually.

    Haha, I know you will pop in and crack a joke when the thread gets tense.

    If someone wants to ask $8k for his red SM with a BSM backglass, why can't a nice overall safecracker? Shoot for the sky and then work it's way down, no?


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    gprotein said:

    Haha, I know you will pop in and crack a joke when the thread gets tense.

    And I know when you buy this thing, you'll let me have a crack at it.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    GLWS


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    I guess I should have posted a what's it worth thread first, I obviously missed the mark by quite a bit. But, what the hell do I know I paid $10K for a Monster Bash.


    TaylorVA

    Pinball guru
    4,802,300 3
    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    Why this game doesn't command more is beyond me. A rare game with unique gameplay and packed playfield. With what recent titles go for there is no reason this title doesn't demand a premium.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    But, what the hell do I know I paid $10K for a Monster Bash.

    It must have been x-mas time.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    TaylorVA said:

    there is no reason this title doesn't demand a premium.

    If 8k isn't a premium, then you have way more money than I.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,278,023 3
    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    TaylorVA said:

    Why this game doesn't command more is beyond me. A rare game with unique gameplay and packed playfield. With what recent titles go for there is no reason this title doesn't demand a premium.

    I agree but the fact of the matter is that the demand for this title just isn't sufficient to result in higher prices. Great pin.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    I guess I should have posted a what's it worth thread first, I obviously missed the mark by quite a bit.

    since you brought it up, yeah, you missed the mark by quite a bit.

    If the other comparables already posted are not enough to get you to lower it to a reasonable price then you would probably be best suited taking it to ebay and see what you can get. I can not imagine anyone here paying anywhere near your current asking price.

    Bring it down to 6k OBO and you may actually get some people interested enough to talk it out.

    I know I would be weary of having this game shipped in given the original inflated description.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

    I know I would be weary of having this game shipped in given the original inflated description.

    Hmm, you really think I was not fair in my description of the machine? Did you look at the photos and see the condition? The playfield is shiny with no wear except a minor amount on the bank scoop, which I disclosed. The underneath of the playfield is super clean with no black flipper dust. The inside of the cabinet is amazingly clean. I disclosed the slight fade on the left, which is not much IMO, maybe the flash makes it look more in the pictures. There are no touchups or dings on the cabinet, just a couple on the head, which again I disclosed.

    You might be able punish me for missing the price, but I don't think it's fair to attack me on the condition.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    but I don't think it's fair to attack me on the condition.

    You should have said minty, would be sold by now.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    This is really cool game. I never gave it a second thought until I got one because in my mind I equated the smallish pf to RFM, which I did not like. To me it was a game with limited features. Turned out it has everything a full size game has and a really nifty coin trick to boot.

    The "CQ" thing derailed this thread but once the price gets worked out somebody will end up with a fun game.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    centerflank said:

    You should have said minty, would be sold by now.

    LOL, the single most ambiguous word in the history of pinball collecting: "minty"

    To me it means: "mintish", which means it has problems, which means it isn't mint . . . so use the word minty. That's how I read that word anyway.


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    cleland said:

    Hmm, you really think I was not fair in my description of the machine? Did you look at the photos and see the condition? The playfield is shiny with no wear except a minor amount on the bank scoop, which I disclosed. The underneath of the playfield is super clean with no black flipper dust. The inside of the cabinet is amazingly clean. I disclosed the slight fade on the left, which is not much IMO, maybe the flash makes it look more in the pictures. There are no touchups or dings on the cabinet, just a couple on the head, which again I disclosed.
    You might be able punish me for missing the price, but I don't think it's fair to attack me on the condition.

    not attacking >
    JMHO, it is just a regular nice example of SC. Nothing special and definitely not CQ. Plenty of nice SC out there and this does not stand out above the others that come up for sale on regular basis.

    Your original description over inflates the quality and down plays the flaws which always makes me weary to even thinking about shipping. Even people that attempt to disclose everything and highlight the flaws typically overlook stuff, so no chance I would ship a game from someone claiming CQ with a CQ asking price on a game that is obviously not CQ.

    Left side is pretty faded from the pics, back box dings, and it was obviously drug around on its back quite a bit by the looks of it > likely a routed game that like many SCs did not get too worn on route but is not CQ by a long shot. It is a nice example that would likely sell if you posted it as 6kobo rather that fishing with a crazy asking price to start with OBO.


    RobT

    Pinside legend
    12,278,023 3
    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    Whysnow said:

    not attacking >
    JMHO, it is just a regular nice example of SC. Nothing special and definitely not CQ. Plenty of nice SC out there and this does not stand out above the others that come up for sale on regular basis.
    Your original description over inflates the quality and down plays the flaws which always makes me weary to even thinking about shipping. Even people that attempt to disclose everything and highlight the flaws typically overlook stuff, so no chance I would ship a game from someone claiming CQ with a CQ asking price on a game that is obviously not CQ.
    Left side is pretty faded from the pics, back box dings, and it was obviously drug around on its back quite a bit by the looks of it > likely a routed game that like many SCs did not get too worn on route but is not CQ by a long shot. It is a nice example that would likely sell if you posted it as 6kobo rather that fishing with a crazy asking price to start with OBO.

    Aren't you the guy who thinks his FT is worth $6k?


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #

    I traded my true HUO Safecracker, beautiful original example, for Erik's very nice TAF (my personal grail pin). He was asking 5500 for the Addams, and I think we were both very happy with the deal!

    How's the SC treating you Erik? How many tokens you won?

    It's a really great game


    9 months, 3 weeks ago
    #
    RobT said:

    Aren't you the guy who thinks his FT is worth $6k?

    I don't think, I know...

    unlike this SC, my FT actually has a standing offer of 6k. Does not matter since it is not for sale.



Reply

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple