left side.jpg
right flipper.jpg
left flipper.jpg
Ripley 5.jpg
Ripley 4.jpg
Ripley 3.jpg
Ripley 2.jpg
Ripley 1.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Truth be told, I play this game more than any two pins put together. Easily. The game is always challenging (just try getting halfway to either wizard mode) and every shot is tight. Other than the ball in the upper pops not feeding to the upper flipper, this game is one of the best designed "players" game ever, IMHO.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Just let the guy sell his pin. Your opinions can be spoken somewhere else, and stop derailing this for sale thread.

Thank you- I realize that posting in the forum section offers discussion, but I was hoping for discussion that would be informative. Thefamilyarcade gives an example of a pin that sold 2 years ago, and some formula he created for pricing of a pin depreciating from a NIB price, but uses a different pin for sale. If a person wants to discuss what a pin is priced at, these should be included in the discussion:

Boston pinball price guide (price falls within parameters)
Pinballprice.com (price falls within parameters)
Recent sales based on same pin and similar condition for apples to apples comparison. (3 Pinside sells and other site sales- like the Captain Auction that had one sell for more.)
Seller's reputation - I'm selling it for him, so it is my reputation. I can provide plenty of references.
Pictures -(posted and offered if more needed)
Legitimate offers made - (yes)
Buyers/sellers conditions met
OBO = an acronym for (Or Best Offer) This can differ based on conditions. Example: Cash is king.

How does OBO stir a debate on pricing unless people thought the Obo was referring to the capital of Haut-Mbomou in Central Africa and shipping was going to kill the sale.

When my buddy came to me asking to sell it, this is what I used to post it. I did not use a "formula" based on depreciation from a Nascar pin, when I am selling a RBION. WTF is that? How did that get 6 thumbs up?

Bottom line- The pin will sell when the buyer and seller agree to a price. (Economics 101)

Bottom line #2- A good sale is only a good sale if the buyer/seller are happy with the transaction.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The "right buyer" is the guy that appreciates a better quality, low play, HUO pin and is willing to shell out a few extra hundred bucks or so to get this one versus a routed, beat up POS.

Correct
It is difficult to find one with no button wear. I have passed on many "good deals" because of condition. Condition is king and thus price will reflect condition. To the OP-GLWS and do not feel that you need to defend your position. I think this machine is worth every penny. I want it-if I could get it to Denver

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Thank you- I realize that posting in the forum section offers discussion, but I was hoping for discussion that would be informative. Thefamilyarcade gives an example of a pin that sold 2 years ago, and some formula he created for pricing of a pin depreciating from a NIB price, but uses a different pin for sale. If a person wants to discuss what a pin is priced at, these should be included in the discussion:
Boston pinball price guide (price falls within parameters)
Pinballprice.com (price falls within parameters)
Recent sales based on same pin and similar condition for apples to apples comparison. (3 Pinside sells and other site sales- like the Captain Auction that had one sell for more.)
Seller's reputation - I'm selling it for him, so it is my reputation. I can provide plenty of references.
Pictures -(posted and offered if more needed)
Legitimate offers made - (yes)
Buyers/sellers conditions met
OBO = an acronym for (Or Best Offer) This can differ based on conditions. Example: Cash is king.
How does OBO stir a debate on pricing unless people thought the Obo was referring to the capital of Haut-Mbomou in Central Africa and shipping was going to kill the sale.
When my buddy came to me asking to sell it, this is what I used to post it. I did not use a "formula" based on depreciation from a Nascar pin, when I am selling a RBION. WTF is that? How did that get 6 thumbs up?
Bottom line- The pin will sell when the buyer and seller agree to a price. (Economics 101)
Bottom line #2- A good sale is only a good sale if the buyer/seller are happy with the transaction.

If the price is right, it will sell.

And seriously, If you don't want comments, put it in the market and leave it at that. Every for sale thread is an open opportunity to discuss where the market is and where it's going. If you think this debate is going to negatively impact the sale price of your pin than you're probably pricing it too high.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If you don't want comments, put it in the market and leave it at that. Every for sale thread is an open opportunity to discuss where the market is and where it's going. If you think this debate is going to negatively impact the sale price of your pin than you're probably pricing it too high.

I don't mind comments, and stated that. Here is the post on what I said. I was just hoping for intelligent dialogue regarding your post about what the value should be. You crap on a for sale price with an opinion without substance and say "Sincerely, GLWS". Nice.

Quoted from jimjim66:

I realize that posting in the forum section offers discussion,

Quoted from jimjim66:

Bottom line- The pin will sell when the buyer and seller agree to a price.

I don't think you are reading my posts, as I said that too. I also don't get the pricing comment when it says OBO.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I don't mind comments, and stated that.

Just ignore the ones that don't contribute. Or hey, respond to them and get a free bump out of it.

IMHO forum sales threads are great, because when they get a little heated you get to see the character of the seller. The cool guys just let it roll off their back and don't get shitty. The hotheads get all worked up, and soon you realize you'd probably rather not deal with them on a transaction anyway.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just ignore the ones that don't contribute. Or hey, respond to them and get a free bump out of it.

IMHO forum sales threads are great, because when they get a little heated you get to see the character of the seller. The cool guys just let it roll off their back and don't get shitty. The hotheads get all worked up, and soon you realize you'd probably rather not deal with them on a transaction anyway.

I agree. The thing about posting in a forum, even with happy faces, it is hard to gauge a person's attitude, and maybe I came off too defensive. I appreciate the bumps and discussion. I welcome thoughts about the machine and how I priced it. I purposely put the game in a thread for those reasons. It offers more pictures, if it is priced too high people can point out recent sales or reasons why it is posted too high. It is full transparency.

Plus with every post I do garner more and more interest. So, I welcome constructive dialogue. You pointing out the flipper button not having wear is an example of information on what to look for on this particular pin. Somebody had PM me about including those, so I did.

#58 10 years ago

Every for sale thread is an open opportunity to discuss where the market is and where it's going.

You're wrong about that. Your opinion on pinball values is far from accurate and it only de-rails a "for sale" thread.
If you want to offer your opinion, go to one of the price check threads. I'm sure someone there might listen to you, then again maybe not

#59 10 years ago

I love for sale threads. They make for some greater reading.

#60 10 years ago

P.S. Bump, I'm still on the fence on this one. You are only a few hour drive for me and I'm thinking pretty hard about it!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think this machine is worth every penny. I want it-if I could get it to Denver

Go get it. Or it's only a few hundred to ship it.

#62 10 years ago

And seriously, If you don't want comments, put it in the market and leave it at that. Every for sale thread is an open opportunity to discuss where the market is and where it's going. If you think this debate is going to negatively impact the sale price of your pin than you're probably pricing it too high.

Get over yourself………..again and again……different when you sell? Off the never buy list….

#63 10 years ago

Alright guys please lets just let it go and allow this FS thread to stay open. Each point of view has been explained amply in the back and forth exchanges.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

P.S. Bump, I'm still on the fence on this one. You are only a few hour drive for me and I'm thinking pretty hard about it!

Go get it, I have one as nice as this and its great game. Its only worth what someone will pay but I would be hard pressed to sell mine for less than this!

#65 10 years ago

Picked one up over the weekend, very cool game. Reminds me a little of TZ.

#66 10 years ago

bummmp.gifbummmp.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 45.95
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ripleys-huo-3600/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.