• Latest reply 11 years ago by Joshmx19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ss.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Selling my rare Whitewood Scared Stiff. $15,000. Bought this off of Joshe Sharpe.

ss.jpgss.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Cool...do you have pix of the playfield?

#3 11 years ago

With a coin door, some cabinet decals, and maybe a pf you might have something there.

#4 11 years ago

so, it is a sanded down SS cab???

#5 11 years ago

reverse whitewood. Extremely rare and no doubt will command a premium price.

#6 11 years ago

I should also mention that I too have access to many reverse whitewoods - if you are willing to pay the premium. Just let me know the title you are looking for, and I'll sand it down (oops, meant dig it out of storage).

#7 11 years ago

Even comes with a spare tire.

#8 11 years ago

Can someone explaine to me why whitewood would make such a difference? What's the draw to it?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

Can someone explaine to me why whitewood would make such a difference? What's the draw to it?

a piece of devlopmental goodness this is.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

In all seriousness (which this thread contains none of so far), a whitewood is a fully functional machine built by the design team early in the process to test the layout, toys, etc. etc. It's called a whitewood because the playfield doesn't have any art or lettering on it - it's just a slab of raw wood. It does have all of the inserts and usually the raw toys if the machine has any. It may contain some differences in design from the released machine.

They only built a few whitewoods of each machine during the design process, and most of them were thrown away once the design was finalized and the team went on to the next project. So a "real" whitewood is a pretty rare item, and that creates demand among some collectors.

I like the art, so they are of no interest to me, but I understand why some people are drawn to them.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

pretty rare item, and that creates demand among some collectors.

That's what I was thinking. Thought it might have to do with structural stabality or overall feel of the machine. Thanks!!

#12 11 years ago

Sorry this is a whitewood cabinet not a playfield!

#13 11 years ago

Then its not a whitewood...

#14 11 years ago

Damn that's ugly

#15 11 years ago

I have seen 2 whitewood Scared Stiffs over the years and both had cabinet art. The playfields had black line art on bare wood.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have seen 2 whitewood Scared Stiffs over the years and both had cabinet art. The playfields had black line art on bare wood.

Correct ! Thats a Whitewood...

#17 11 years ago

This particular one can't be worth more than a regular SS, can it?

#18 11 years ago

nope ...

As a matter of fact, or should i say opinion... i think its worth less...

Standard PF with an F'ed up cab....

NOT what Whitewood collectors are looking for...

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19 11 years ago

Yeah I see no added value to the cabinet being whitewood at all. In fact you would be better off slapping graphics on there in my opinion. The draw of whitewoods to me is you are getting a playfield with ideas that never made it to production. Maybe this is a thanksgiving joke...

#20 11 years ago

that's High-larious, Mike.

#21 11 years ago

This is pretty much a SS resto project in the raw...

Thats how i see it at least...

#22 11 years ago

Is this a joke?

Edit: it clearly is

#23 11 years ago

Throw in a set of cab / head decals and you have a deal!

#24 11 years ago

GAP ..they are good guys...

but i'm not sure...

i hope so,

if not i think they are wrong in the game...

#25 11 years ago

I believe Mike is trying to be funny. It made me laugh. Well played, sir!

#26 11 years ago

DIY whitewood: Strip PF, sand bare. Clear. Reassemble. BAM! Instant value increase.

#27 11 years ago

I'm starting to wonder how many people thought I was serious when I called it a "reverse whitewood".......

But I'll still sell you one. I can get you a new Stern reverse whitewood in about a week. Only a $2k premium over what you would pay direct from a distributor.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

I can get you a new Stern reverse whitewood in about a week. Only a $2k premium over what you would pay direct from a distributor

I'm holding out for a TF LE half-whitewood

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Selling my rare Whitewood Scared Stiff. $15,000.

Next time you make a joke, you need to add a smiley face. There were way too many people who took you seriously.

#30 11 years ago

Very funny

#32 11 years ago

See I bought this game from Joshe Sharpe, and it was a great deal. Lots of people thought since it was a killer deal, I was just going to flip it for cash that day. Even when I picked it up Joshe was thinking I was going to flip it. Well I promised him I was not going too. I really haven't flipped a game in a years. Meaning purchasing a game, not touching it and selling it for more money than what I paid. Anyway, started sanding down the cabinet last night to get her ready to apply new art work. Still need to completly break it down and take all the guts out. She is actually getting restored. Not a Hutchins restore but a respectful restore. So there you have it. I did put in a smiley face in the title to give you a clue I was not being serious!!! Come on $15,000 for a Scared Stiff, I should have been called to the carpet on the price. Maybe I should have waited to April Fools to post this. Smiley face

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Come on $15,000 for a Scared Stiff, I should have been called to the carpet on the price.

Doesn't seem any crazier than some of your other prices

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Doesn't seem any crazier than some of your other prices

Bwahahahaha!!

Sorry, but *that* was funny!

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Come on $15,000 for a Scared Stiff, I should have been called to the carpet on the price.

Not so sure that would be out of line for some.

I helped Cassandra get $10.3K for one of her NIB games, and that was in 2002!

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/ebay/index.htm

#36 11 years ago

It's a JOKE, guys. Not a bad one, either, Mike--look how you got 'em all stirred up!

#37 11 years ago

Yeah you got me lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 249.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-rare-whitewood-scared-stiff?replies=2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.