Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by joestro78
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled-744.png
    Jeffica.png
    download.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    download.jpg
    image-550.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Just started a mess of a topic so editing to try to gracefully back out.

#2 10 years ago

o.k.

#3 10 years ago

oklahoma

#4 10 years ago

I buy games I like for reasonable prices when I have the money.

#5 10 years ago

I want a pony.

#6 10 years ago

So, someone donates $5 3 years ago and all is good? Worry less about what others do, especially when it's none of your business.

Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I look for price and if people have donated. I know Pinside does not require, but for me it does make a difference and I want to support people who support the community. I have only bought 1 pin here but many other mods and pinball related items.

#7 10 years ago

why is the sky blue?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

So, someone donates $5 3 years ago and all is good? Worry less about what others do, especially when it's none of your business.

And a step further, the guy who didnt donate is local selling a Black Spiderman for 6K. Not interested? Ok.

If you dont donate pinside its possible you might be a jerk, (or maybe you contribute to this site in some other way) but come on.

#9 10 years ago

image-550.jpgimage-550.jpg

#10 10 years ago

I look for price and if people have donated. I know Pinside does not require, but for me it does make a difference and I want to support people who support the community. I have only bought 1 pin here but many other mods and pinball related items.

I see nothing wrong with you making your decision who to buy from and who to avoid based on how they are/act in the community. I commend you for knowing your values and sticking to them.

There are some people I would NEVER buy from based on how they act. I also have been burned by 'flippers' before so tend to avoid them at all costs. There are just too many good guys in the hobby and no need to support the tools that are just poaching on the community.

#11 10 years ago

Thanks for all the responses I am new to posting things on social media. I guess I need to get a thicker skin. I was just trying to contribute because I like it when other post. Truly I am not meaning to attack anyone or troll if I am using that term correctly. In the future I will hone up on my posting skills.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I see nothing wrong with you making your decision who to buy from and who to avoid based on how they are/act in the community. I commend you for knowing your values and sticking to them.
    There are some people I would NEVER buy from based on how they act. I also have been burned by 'flippers' before so tend to avoid them at all costs. There are just too many good guys in the hobby and no need to support the tools that are just poaching on the community.

You stated it better than I did in my post thanks that is all I was trying to communicate.

#13 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing. What's your favorite Beach Boys song?

#14 10 years ago

You stated it better than I did in my post thanks that is all I was trying to communicate.

It's all good 67Bird in honor of this thread I just made a donation to Pinside.
    When I'm not playing pinball I like to talk about pinball.... So I end up here on my favorite site alot.

#15 10 years ago

I like turtles.

#17 10 years ago

Wow, you guys are grouches today.

While I would not solely buy from only people that donate, if I don't know someone personally and want to make a transaction I do feel a little more at ease if I see they have donated, and if they have been on here a long time. Its not a requirement to me as people can do what they wish.

#19 10 years ago

I stand when I pee...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

That is a tough one. God Only Knows has to be one of the most beautiful songs every written/created, but how can you not love the simple harmonies of In My Room, Don't Worry Baby, or Brian's ode to melachonly in The Warmth of the Sun?

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Wow, you guys are grouches today.
    While I would not solely buy from only people that donate, if I don't know someone personally and want to make a transaction I do feel a little more at ease if I see they have donated, and if they have been on here a long time. Its not a requirement to me as people can do what they wish.

ya, a lil touchy I'd say huh.

#22 10 years ago

Where you going,
    Where you going tonight Frank, someplace exotic?

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#23 10 years ago

I came here to buy posts. Are you telling me there are no posts for sale?

#24 10 years ago

so...

donate a few bucks, hang around a bit, and that makes you a trusted seller?

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

so...
    donate a few bucks, hang around a bit, and that makes you a trusted seller?

That's the BBB business model.

#26 10 years ago

I look for price and if people have donated.

Some people like to keep donations private. I know I do. I guess I lose out on any possible sales to you. Not flaming you at all, just mentioning there are always circumstances.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

That's the BBB business model.

yea, i know... write them a check, and you are golden... i did that for years, then realized i was simply wasting my money...

#28 10 years ago

I agree with this... but I've donated twice to the site and neither time have I received a heart. Not sure how they hand them out, but I can vouch for the fact that you can't always rely on that symbol as an indication that a user has donated...

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is a tough one. God Only Knows has to be one of the most beautiful songs every written/created, but how can you not love the simple harmonies of In My Room, Don't Worry Baby, or Brian's ode to melachonly in The Warmth of the Sun?

Don't Worry Baby is the correct answer. Finally, someone that gets it.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I was hoping to at least buy what he thinks, does the OP mind shipping via NAVL?

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Quoted from gambit3113:

Don't Worry Baby is the correct answer. Finally, someone that gets it.

There's a barbershop quartet version of God Only Knows in Bioshock Infinite that is pretty awesome.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Little Saint Nick. An all time Christmas classic. Along with Elvis's Blue Christmas

#33 10 years ago

I like Sloop John B, but I only want to hear it once per year.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

I stand when I pee...

I would hope so, otherwise we would call you Jeff-ica....
    Hello JEFFICA

Jeffica.pngJeffica.png

#35 10 years ago

umm, what was this thread about again?

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

Who knows, I'm just here for the comedy

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheGMan:

I think the guy in the photo above is trying to sell you shasta

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Now what will you use to keep your fence up?

#39 10 years ago

Tough Crowd

untitled-744.pnguntitled-744.png
    #40 10 years ago

Firebird. Welcome and thanks for the post. It's not you, it's them. There are a few impolite members on this forum. I don't have thick skin, but I do understand people. Some are negative and judgemental at the expense of others. Don't let the negative nellies ruin for you.

I have been fortunate in game deals both buying and selling through Pinside. Overall, the community at Pinside has been a positive experience for me. I have made a few great friends that I met here and turned out to be local to me.

#41 10 years ago

I would argue that not buying games from someone because they haven't donated and starting a topic about it is itself being negative and judgmental.

Quoted from Nevus:

Some are negative and judgemental at the expense of others. Don't let the negative nellies ruin for you.

Anyways, I can prove the OP is wrong. LTG hasn't (publicly) donated, so obviously honesty and being a good seller has nothing to do with your donation level

Hasn't he been on the boards like 6 months?

Quoted from Nevus:

Firebird. Welcome and thanks for the post.

#42 10 years ago

WOW this has turned into a whole lot of nothing

#43 10 years ago

in before the lock.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I agree with this... but I've donated twice to the site and neither time have I received a heart. Not sure how they hand them out, but I can vouch for the fact that you can't always rely on that symbol as an indication that a user has donated...

If your paypal email address is different than the one you use on pinside then you need to PM robin and he will update your heart status

#45 10 years ago

Thanks for all the responses I am new to posting things on social media. I guess I need to get a thicker skin. I was just trying to contribute because I like it when other post. Truly I am not meaning to attack anyone or troll if I am using that term correctly. In the future I will hone up on my posting skills.

Here's a crash course to forum posting. The underlying purpose of creating a new thread would be to generate a discussion. The way you worded your first post made it sound like a random thought that entered your mind. If you would of ended the post with something along the lines of "What do you all think or do?", that would be acceptable. You wouldn't walk up to a person on the street and say, "I like the color green" and expect them to do anything else but look at you weird. Hope that helps !

p.s. trolling = post something on the contrary for the sole purpose of annoying someone. Example: going into a WoZ thread and saying "JPP and WoZ sucks"

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

If you would of ended the post with something along the lines of "What do you all think or do?", that would be acceptable.

Or at least include your favorite Beach Boys song, sheesh.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Or at least include your favorite Beach Boys song, sheesh.

The lazy way out is to pick God Only Knows. My favorite is Help Me Ronda. Have always loved it.

#48 10 years ago

Love me some Pet Sounds!

#49 10 years ago

for the last time...."little deuce coupe" rules

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

There's a barbershop quartet version of God Only Knows in Bioshock Infinite that is pretty awesome.

Bowie's God Only Knows is the only version I'll ever need. And Wouldn't it Be Nice is "first among equals" of about half a dozen "best" Beach Boys songs.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-posts-and-what-i-think and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.