9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image[6].jpeg
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I am selling Diner to purchase a new pin.

*****Diner : Sold- http://imgur.com/a/vLhTN#0

I removed the leds and put the black legs back on this machine to drop the price.

Just bought it at the end of Feb. and shopped it as soon as I bought it. I tore the playfield down and cleaned everything, polished all metal parts and flame polished the rampls. I replaced:

Rubber kit, pinballs,star posts, pop bumper caps, target decals, coffee cup and stickers on it, extra ball target, flasher bulb holding inserts, flasher domes, shooter rod and spring, cliffys posts, upper lane guides (red), flipper coil sleeves, flipper switches, flipper buttons, coin door lock, 3 button service switch, volume potentiometer. A few of the plastics do have a small chips in them and the paint on the front right side of the cab is flaky (the wood is fine). I had the string of GI lights in the back box fixed. Game is 100% now

Please feel free to ask any questions about anything you feel is not explained. Cab protectors and pin footies are not included with the sale of the machine.

image[6].jpegimage[6].jpeg

Post edited by boostedskex: Lowered price

#2 9 years ago

FT looks really nice. Any wear on the playing field? I couldn't tell in any of the pics. Will you be putting it on the floor to be played? Would really like to see this in person! I'll be at Allentown all day Fri., will you?

#3 9 years ago

Both look quite nice. Out of curiosity, what are you getting?

Chris

#4 9 years ago

Bump for a fellow Yorker! Woot!

#5 9 years ago

I am going to be buying WMS IJ. Sorry guys, i will not be at Allentown so i cant deliver to the show.

#6 9 years ago

What's going on with the right side of Diner cab?

#7 9 years ago

Hey boostedskex,
Sent you a PM on FT

#8 9 years ago

Hey sorry about the lack of info ive just been swamped. I will post full details on the machines tonight. The paint is flaky on the right side of the diner cab. The wood is not damaged on the cab. My plan was to sand it off and repaint. Details are coming soon guys!

#9 9 years ago

bump for details of both machines

#10 9 years ago

A bump for details, but no details

LOL

Chris

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

A bump for details, but no details
LOL
Chris

Hey Chris not sure what you mean? I tried to detail both machines as best as I can at the top of this thread in the first post.

#12 9 years ago

I really do wish I was closer. I could get that diner cab looking good again. But I'm not sure why you would sell diner for an ij, they have almost the same shot layout. In some ways I look at ij as the sequel to diner. The only real difference is the modes and number of balls for multiball.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Hey Chris not sure what you mean? I tried to detail both machines as best as I can at the top of this thread in the first post.

Jeez, I am an idiot (again) I didn't even notice that!

Sorry!

#14 9 years ago

Fish Tales looks great, GLWS.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I really do wish I was closer. I could get that diner cab looking good again. But I'm not sure why you would sell diner for an ij, they have almost the same shot layout.

Theme! My sons and I love the IJ stories.

#16 9 years ago

Boostedskex,
Give me a call man

#17 9 years ago

pm sent

#18 9 years ago

Fix drop target dude! Just resolder the wire. Any issues w CPU and transistors associated with that drop target?

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Fix drop target dude! Just resolder the wire. Any issues w CPU and transistors associated with that drop target?

If it was that simple, someone would have fixed it a long time ago!

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I've been wondering the same thing... seems like a simple fix?

#21 9 years ago

Glwts

#23 9 years ago

Fish Tales is now sold. Im sure the new owner loves his new game!

#24 9 years ago

Fish Tales is now in its new home! Thank you boostedskex, it was great meeting you. Great seller, great experience.
Take care.

#25 9 years ago

Glad to hear. Have fun man!

#26 9 years ago

Pinside and a coffee on Sunday morning ..... TTT

#27 9 years ago

bump, help me fund a new pin.

#28 9 years ago

Replied to pms. Another bump for any new interest!

#29 9 years ago

Sadly the interest is there, but the location isn't. Good luck, I wish it was less of a drive!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Sadly the interest is there, but the location isn't. Good luck, I wish it was less of a drive!

My EXACT thoughts.

#31 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Wish u were closer!

#32 9 years ago

Had a chance to play this pin tonight. Talk about a game in fantastic condition! Yeah, the side is a bit of a bummer, but if I was looking for a Diner, this one would definitely be worth the drive. Alex described it very accurately and the photos are spot-on... None of this taking photos from weird angles to hide the problems.

You would be getting exactly what you think you are getting -- maybe even better than you would expect.

Diner isn't my cup of tea, personally, but for someone that wants this game you will not go wrong.

Now... if Alex ever thought about selling his WhiteWater.... well, that is a completely different story...

#33 9 years ago

Very nice to meet you Chris and thanks for the kind words. Hopefully this machine moves soon to bring in the next one. Gotta say though, WH20 is here for good!

#34 9 years ago

Another bump for my Diner...

#35 9 years ago

Diner bump... Lowered price to $1800.

#36 9 years ago

I'd get this in a heartbeat if you were close to FL

#37 9 years ago

Is this the one that was Allentown last week?

#38 9 years ago

Were I closer, we'd be talking! Great looking game, and a fun player. The one at Atown was rarely unoccupied. GLWS!!!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Is this the one that was Allentown last week?

No, i t was not at Allentown. I couldnt make it this year.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

No, i t was not at Allentown. I couldnt make it this year.

Not driving anywhere near the Midwest anytime soon are ya? I really want a Diner

#41 9 years ago

sorry, no plans for a Midwest trip.

#42 9 years ago

I don't get the whole wish you were closer routine. If you want this bad enough you can place a bid for shipment on U-Ship which I've done several times with no issues. I shipped to FLorida back & forth and then Michigan. It cost between $250-$350 for this distance. They'll go pick it up and package it in any fashion that you wish. The best part about using this type of courier is that they work for you. When they arrive to pick up the pin, you have them take pictures and a short video of the game playing to validate the accuracy of the sellers disclosure. For what it cost in tolls, gas, food and most of all time, using a personal courier is the way to go if the distance is more than an 1/2 day trip. I hope this helps out those who are teetering on buying this pin and of course the seller. PM with any courier question that you may have. Now, lets get this sold already!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I don't get the whole wish you were closer routine. If you want this bad enough you can place a bid for shipment on U-Ship which I've done several times with no issues. I shipped to FLorida back & forth and then Michigan. It cost between $250-$350 for this distance. They'll go pick it up and package it in any fashion that you wish. The best part about using this type of courier is that they work for you. When they arrive to pick up the pin, you have them take pictures and a short video of the game playing to validate the accuracy of the sellers disclosure. For what it cost in tolls, gas, food and most of all time, using a personal courier is the way to go if the distance is more than an 1/2 day trip. I hope this helps out those who are teetering on buying this pin and of course the seller. PM with any courier question that you may have. Now, lets get this sold already!

Yeah my experience with U-Ship kicked ass. I sold a pin to a guy who used them. Not only was it $100~ less than STI, but it was *much* faster. The great thing with them too is the machine will usually stay in the same vehicle for the whole trip - no in and out of warehouses and trucks, no fork lifts.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I don't get the whole wish you were closer routine.

Because 3 or 400.00 makes a big difference in the total price of the pin. Makes some sense to me..

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Sometimes shipping adds too much cost for people. For me, unless it was a game I was desparate for and never comes up, or was super cheap, I wouldn't ship a game. I'll pay gas and tolls for about a 2.5 hour drive or so, maybe 3 depending on the title and cost, but I always factor that into my budget. Some people have plenty of spare cash and think nothing of dropping an extra few hundred bucks to ship a game, but that's not everyone. It's not a matter of wanting it bad enough, it's a matter of keeping it in budget.

I agree now, somebody buy this!

#46 9 years ago

What about the virtual on?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from madsci:

Were I closer, we'd be talking! Great looking game, and a fun player. The one at Atown was rarely unoccupied. GLWS!!!

Make the trip. Its only a 4 hour drive. I bought my WH20 close to you in Islip NY. It wasn't a bad drive at all.

#48 9 years ago

Going to PM you about this.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

What about the virtual on?

Are you refering to the arcade machine to the left? That is a Time Crisis 2.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Make the trip. Its only a 4 hour drive. I bought my WH20 close to you in Islip NY. It wasn't a bad drive at all.

Would that I could, but 8 hours in the car is brutal for me. My limit is 2.5, unless it's a game I'm really jonesing for at a crazy price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 169.00
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-pennsylvania-diner-and-fishtales and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.