Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif
image-601.jpg
turtles-330.png
chances.jpg
image-619.jpg
Lois BE.gif
image-363.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 10 years ago

I just can't believe anyone would think it was a good idea to post that. I had a playset business, not the easiest things to resell I understand. I think I'd be a little chapped if after one was resold, transported, rebuilt and had something break, someone I never heard of called up and wanted some free service.

I think.

But regardless, hell and damnation, I wouldn't allow myself to go post on a bunch of homeschool sites and mommy groups barking about potential situations that may never even happen. Just deal with it in person when/if it comes up. So strange.

I think Oz is fun, I like competition in the market place, but I just don't savvy JJP's PR acumen. Why Jack allows himself or pinchroma to ever post in public mystifies me.

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Why Jack allows himself or pinchroma to ever post in public mystifies me.

Thank you. +1,000,000

#253 10 years ago

Here in Texas we have a saying, "don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird rear end"

#254 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here in Texas we have a saying, "don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird rear end"

Love it! LOL

How bout...Stop spewing diarrhea from your mouth.

#255 10 years ago

I believe the saying is "Fool me once, shame on . . . shame on you . . . . Fool me can't get fooled again!"

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I believe the saying is "Fool me once, shame on . . . shame on you . . . . Fool me can't get fooled again!"

Huh!?

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I always thought it was, "If you sleep with your sister, don't get her pregnant"

I kid I kid! Hook'em!

#258 10 years ago

Oh jr jr. What are we gonna do with you?

#259 10 years ago

Haha ok Jr. but while a redneck might sleep with his sister, only white trash will marry her too...

Btw, looking forward to dropping that RS light show in this weekend!

#260 10 years ago

End of the day I understand the message but the context is well......iffy to say the least....better strategy is......
Good PR.pngGood PR.png

#261 10 years ago

Or my other favorite saying, "its better to be only thought of as a FOOL, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"…..

#262 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ah the wise words of George Bush Jr

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That's what I thought...

#265 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Haha ok Jr. but while a redneck might sleep with his sister, only white trash will marry her too...
Btw, looking forward to dropping that RS light show in this weekend!

Lol!

#266 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

That's what I thought... till 2012... when we all did get fooled again.

Bwahahahahaaaa!!!!!

#267 10 years ago

Ok.....Take a deep breath pinside.

I have had my game a week, and I am more than happy with my purchase. In fact, every time I play it I am amazed anyone can suggest that WOZ is not the most impressively built pinball machines ever. I bought the game to play, not to resell. If I never read a word from the JJP hate spazzes, I would bet my life that in the long term WOZLE would do better on the resale end then any Stern game.

I will likely buy another Stern, but it will have to be much cheaper (or the Walking Dead) for me to consider it for NIB.

Now go have a beer and play some pinball crackheads, I mean pinheads. Opps

#268 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I have had my game a week, and I am more than happy with my purchase. In fact, every time I play it I am amazed anyone can suggest that WOZ is not the most impressively built pinball machines ever. I bought the game to play, not to resell. If I never read a word from the JJP hate spazzes, I would bet my life that in the long term WOZLE would do better on the resale end then any Stern game.
I will likely buy another Stern, but it will have to be much cheaper (or the Walking Dead) for me to consider it for NIB.

I'm doing that exact thing right now! Sam Adams and AFM! Great combination ....

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your game. 2.0 is right around the corner too which hopefully is released tomorrow evening, haha. Personally I think think some of the JJP haters don't understand all the blood and sweat that went into taking WOZ from a concept to a reality and the difficultly in forming a new pinball company in this century when many thought that would be crazy. To them I say sure there's has been delays, sure there's been missed shipping dates, sure there's been things JJP has had to learn and improve upon along the way but the end result with the product they built has made any wait well worth it.

It would have been impressive enough if JJP made a decent standard body DMD game for their first game but the fact that they brought back the wide body format, packed it with toys, an LCD and other tech not used in today's machines all while creating one of the deepest rulesets in pinball is incredible. If someone said a game would be built like WOZ 5 years ago I would of said like Luke did in The Empire Strikes Back "You want the impossible", lol.

Well done JJP.

Oh, a beer does sound good right now!

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

So true!

Nothing like a few beers and rotating around the room playing pins, Woz is great, glad you are loving it! Not bad for a first effort. And 2.0 should hit tomorrow.

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sadly there's a few people, not many, on Pinside that want JJP to fail for some reason.

schadenfreude.pngschadenfreude.png

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think think some of the JJP haters don't understand all the blood and sweat that went into taking WOZ from a concept to a reality and the difficultly in forming a new pinball company in this century when many thought that would be crazy.

Which is why I am super skeptical of Dutch Pinball and really scared they wont be able to deliver, I wish them well!

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Which is why I am super skeptical of Dutch Pinball and really scared they wont be able to deliver, I wish them well!

I'm not so sure...

Never underestimate what can be accomplished with a fawning fanbase, a $6- $7M interest free loan and unlimited time to deliver products that have been bought and paid for.....

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

That is beautiful, if you don't follow it google it or you tube it. If I had to guess GW was a 'Who' fan.

#275 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not so sure...
Never underestimate what can be accomplished with a fawning fanbase, a $6- $7M interest free loan and unlimited time to deliver products that have been bought and paid for.....

Unlimited, high quality pizza and T-shirts go a long way. When the pizza changes to a dozen powdered donuts, take warning.

#276 10 years ago

EDIT: I meant to post this here first - wound up posting it in a related thread.

I'm not sure I understand the controversy in the first place. For a little context:

I bought a Star Trek NIB from Bene - that is to say, the nice folks at Bene referred me to a local distributor. That distributor does a lot of business with Bene, and was willing to give me a deal as a result. So I'm fully covered, and really happy with both parties.

I grant that it's possible that sometimes Bene is selling machines they bought originally for their own use... But I've never heard them refer to themselves as a distributor, and I've never seen them order a ton of machines to flip.

My purchase price was below retail, which is not generally the behavior of a "flipper"...

#277 10 years ago

Just Uploaded 2.0 on my WoZLE and its great, I cant believe this thread is still going, On the Stern Front I was at the local Movie theater tonight and they have a Metallica prem in their arcade and a Transformers and the Met had every ball stuck in the mystery hole and unplayable just in constant ball search with 3 credits on it and the TF was filthy dirty and had broken switches everywhere....super sad.

Joe(acejedi)

#278 10 years ago

Don't come on then and start by saying you can't believe this thread and then continue by throwing logs on the fire .

#279 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Just Uploaded 2.0 on my WoZLE and its great, I cant believe this thread is still going, On the Stern Front I was at the local Movie theater tonight and they have a Metallica prem in their arcade and a Transformers and the Met had every ball stuck in the mystery hole and unplayable just in constant ball search with 3 credits on it and the TF was filthy dirty and had broken switches everywhere....super sad.
Joe(acejedi)

In what city/state/area is this alleged "local Movie theater"?

#280 10 years ago

I have a metle
Other than a spotlight loosening I haven't had any issues
I've opened three nib sterns and been the 2nd owner of two HUO STERNS and only had the replace an opto on wof
I don't own a woz but I have a friend that bought wozecle
He's had some small issues but only typical pinball issues mainly adjustments
Pinball machines are just that "machines"
Even nib ship them, transport them, bounce them around and adjustments are needed

#281 10 years ago

When a part has a known flaw in a game snf has effected many games after it has been produced, it should be replaced by the manufacturer regardless of who's hands it is in. It should be notated as a recall.

Not honoring a warranty or recall because it was bought from a second hand source or sold by an original owner to someone else is wrong.

Sounds like a good way to loose customers!

#282 10 years ago
Quoted from Acejedi:

Joe(acejedi)

It doesn't matter what machines they are.

If they are not being properly maintained, they won't work properly.

Any machine. End of story.

rd.

#283 10 years ago

Must admit with pinballs never pay much attention to warranties but car warranties are transferable so kind of assumed the same, but not with WOZ then.

#284 10 years ago

Unfortunately this thread went south a long time ago
It seems that in every instance jack and jjp have made good on issues and tech support
I think jack slipped. It was a mistake to say something and the mods on this site should close both threads!

#285 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not so sure...

Yup, could get another awesome fully loaded wide body pin with new tech and complete code I hope it happens for them as well. Can't wait for The Hobbit in the meantime.

#286 10 years ago

WOZULE

Yeah sign me up for a GATEKEEPER LE Zuul edition

this thread is a fun read

#287 10 years ago

and OP GLWS.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Unfortunately this thread went south a long time ago
It seems that in every instance jack and jjp have made good on issues and tech support
I think jack slipped. It was a mistake to say something and the mods on this site should close both threads!

If it was a "slip" the person is free to chime back in and clarify or change their comment.
That is hard to do in closed threads.

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I'll bet, if Bene posted NIB WOZLE at 8500.00 no one would have said shit about it !!! This is all about WOZ values tanking .

Selling a game for $7500 that he probably paid $7000 for is hardly "tanking" value.

#290 10 years ago
#291 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

If it was a "slip" the person is free to chime back in and clarify or change their comment.
That is hard to do in closed threads.

Right... oh, no, wait a tick. No, no he can't. That person cannot say anything here. Because 50% of the people here will climb all over anything he says. Jack is to the point where he could say the sky is blue, and at least 20 people would want him flogged for declaring such a thing. Jack cannot make a point on Pinside, and he needs to face that fact. My advice to him? Jack, stay out of it because you simply cannot win here, just build games.

#292 10 years ago

There is no difference between the original owner selling the pin NIB and another owner selling a pin that he has had for 4 years. No vendors on the Pinside Market provides a warranty on a second-hand pin and since the purchaser of a NIB pin from another person is the second owner heor she must obtain a warranty from the vendor. JJ was not trying to subvert sales but he was clarifying the company's policy to ensure that "Second buyer beware:!! Another example is if I purchase a new automobile in the US & I live in Canada, the manufacturer provides no warranty at all. Pinside members should thank JJ for his honesty and it seems that he wants this wide forum to be aware of the policy.

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Right... oh, no, wait a tick. No, no he can't. That person cannot say anything here. Because 50% of the people here will climb all over anything he says. Jack is to the point where he could say the sky is blue, and at least 20 people would want him flogged for declaring such a thing. Jack cannot make a point on Pinside, and he needs to face that fact. My advice to him? Jack, stay out of it because you simply cannot win here, just build games.

Jack is the only one here hurting Jack's credibility / popularity.

There are some people that may dislike the man or his company but those same people do not make words magically come out of Jacks mouth. His refusing warranty coverage on some WOZ games is one recent example of making an unpopular statement and taking heat for it , regardless if you agree with it or not. Its his company and his decision but when its directly opposite of what one of his employees told the public expect some heat.

JJP makes a nice looking game but should learn how to post on the internet / learn some PR.

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack is to the point where he could say the sky is blue, and at least 20 people would want him flogged for declaring such a thing

Sunsets are red

Something about long waves, short waves, the atmosphere & etc lol.

I see what you mean though & you're right. Jack is an easy target but he did that all to himself. This thread was a great example of what I mean. Anyway I hope things fall into place for him & he doesn't shit petty turds in future FS threads.

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Jack is the only one here hurting Jack's credibility / popularity.
There are some people that may dislike the man or his company but those same people do not make words magically come out of Jacks mouth. His refusing warranty coverage on some WOZ games is one recent example of making an unpopular statement and taking heat for it , regardless if you agree with it or not. Its his company and his decision but when its directly opposite of what one of his employees told the public expect some heat.
JJP makes a nice looking game but should learn how to post on the internet / learn some PR.

Quoted from PW79:

Sunsets are red
Something about long waves, short waves, the atmosphere & etc lol.
I see what you mean though & you're right. Jack is an easy target but he did that all to himself. This thread was a great example of what I mean. Anyway I hope things fall into place for him & he doesn't shit petty turds in future FS threads.

Cal and PW, I agree with you both (shocking). Jack did it to himself. Coming on Pinside and posting one line answers is never going to be a good idea. Coming on here and posting one liners when there was no question is even worse. I can understand him wanting to stop Bene from pretending to be a distributor by forcing him to also do the work that a distributor would be responsible for, but this wasn't the place to do it.

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

You should be happy I deleted my comments where I talked negatively about your personal lord and savior Jack G. I had to replace it with something so reminding everyone of the turtle zombie isn't the worst thing I could do.
Post edited by moderator: warning sent for multiple OT posts, this includes the turtle posts, not helping

Really a warning from a post over a week ago? Who pressured you to do that anonymous moderator? The fact is I changed my mind about getting into this whole JJP fight and replaced all of my on topic comments (the topic this thread has train-wrecked into anyway) with, well you know. I guess you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I really hope you are busy busting everyone on every thread who has gone off topic, I know I will be sure to mention it from here on out. Which mod should I PM to alert when any thread goes off topic? GLWS, wish I was closer, great person to deal with, buy with confidence.

Post edited by moderator: Publicly challening a mod is against the rules, do not do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-wozle-7500-huo-transformers-le-autobots-4500-huo-safecracker-8k/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.