gif-drink.gif
tumblr_lcr63ptNgM1qe0eclo1_r7_500.gif
IHVENOWRDSAVATAR.gif
gif-drink.gif
image-78.jpg
237310.gif
1cb1b640.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2 9 years ago

Oh my......

#3 9 years ago

Why is it I always need to unhide the tilt?

#4 9 years ago

What's being "tilted", the crazy price or the gifs? The outrageous price has "right" to be here based on past precedent of other outrageous prices and the gifs are no more offensive or revealing than hundreds of other posts on this forum.

Post edited by usandthem: the word "outrageous" has been downgraded to "crazy" based on the new asking price-- haha

#5 9 years ago

Seems like a fair price. Kind of low but very nice of you to take a hit like that so some lucky potential owner can enjoy Iron Man

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

What's being "tilted", the outrageous price or the gifs? The outrageous price has "right" to be here based on past precedent of other outrageous prices and the gifs are no more offensive or revealing than hundreds of other posts on this forum.

Tilt is probably for the NSFW. I do check forum at work and wouldnt want that on the screen. If its NIB its not that outragous of a price is it? I guess with the buzz with the reissue is making people drop them asap.

#7 9 years ago

We all know sex sells! Just needs more because it hasn't sold in the past hour.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Somebody PM BR for his GRG

I'd Love to Own it brother , but w/ ship-n and nearing $ 81 to $ 8200.00 .. I don't like IM that much

Hell, take some Pict's of the Box and video the opening & sell it for a Decent price @ $ 6.5 w/ 20 games played like i did w/ my NIB STLE .. No Profit , Just Enjoy , then Sale !! GOoD Luck !!

#9 9 years ago

You have one of the "better than crack" (pun intended in this case) games, and you somehow managed to keep it in the box?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Why is it I always need to unhide the tilt?

Probably because there's usually something good, or at the very least interesting under there.

#11 9 years ago

Sorry in this case a well modded version is worth more . It takes about 1500 plus to make an IM right.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Probably because there's usually something good, or at the very least interesting under there.

Its like opening a birthday present. Good call

#14 9 years ago

6 thumbs down? Original post is hilarious! Thumbs up from me for that reason alone!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

You have one of the "better than crack" (pun intended in this case) games, and you somehow managed to keep it in the box?

Yeah lots of circumstances prevented me from opening it. Plus I bought Backflipper's IM and played that for about a year after I dialed it in so it isn't that I don't love the game. It was always my plan to mod this one up 'my way' but that has yet to come to its fruition. Now I'll be looking for a good HUO one when I get to Denver. No biggie, I hope.

Let's see where this FS thread goes. I'm not trying to be unreasonable with the price.

However to address Hwawonyu's reply, I personally would be hard-pressed to find enough mods to pump the after-modded cost up by $1500. For example, I have the Cointaker premium LED set (playfield GI & Flashers) at $115 when I bought them, plus assorted LEDs from my supply to do the controlled lamps with, and a spare Monger to mod with a chest reactor ($20), a shooter rod (maybe $40?), and I'd take one of Hooked's Whiplash mods which are over a hundred bucks. FF speakers are another hundred. Then add in powdercoated side armor (the biggest expense). Install ramp protectors and then play the sh*t out of it. I'm under $1K easily.

Oh and as for the gifs? Really? Seriously? Geesh. Happy Friday folks.

#16 9 years ago

I love the Gifs. Lots of uptight people around here.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love the Gifs.

You call 'em Gifs I call 'em Gifts…

#18 9 years ago

Tilting NSFW material is a courtesy to others, not a complaint or indictment.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love the Gifs. Lots of uptight people around here.

Yeah and I except to see a lot more for a tilt-con 5 rating!

GLWS

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sorry in this case a well modded version is worth more . It takes about 1500 plus to make an IM right.

You ain't kidding!!!

Let's see where this FS thread goes. I'm not trying to be unreasonable with the price.
However to address Hwawonyu's reply, I personally would be hard-pressed to find enough mods to pump the after-modded cost up by $1500. For example, I have the Cointaker premium LED set (playfield GI & Flashers) at $115 when I bought them, plus assorted LEDs from my supply to do the controlled lamps with, and a spare Monger to mod with a chest reactor ($20), a shooter rod (maybe $40?), and I'd take one of Hooked's Whiplash mods which are over a hundred bucks. FF speakers are another hundred. Then add in powdercoated side armor (the biggest expense). Install ramp protectors and then play the sh*t out of it. I'm under $1K easily.
Oh and as for the gifs? Really? Seriously? Geesh. Happy Friday folks.

Ok let me try to remember what I've done plus what it cost me. Keep in mind I've only owned this amazing game since mid March:

Alternate Translite: 100
Custom DMD decal: 35
Shaker motor: 180
Hooked's modded four figures (Whiplash, Iron Monger, War Machine, Drone) plus shipping: 430
Mirror Blades: 100
Hemi's Monger LED mod: 20
Britelight buttons: 30
Custom shooter rod: 60
Iron Man/Drone decals: 35
Rocks led under cabinet kit: 90
Too many LEDs to count: 75+
Speaker Led Kit plus speaker silhoutte: 65
And tons of miscellaneous items I've purchased to improve it

I'm gonna stop there at $1225

Mods yet to do:
Powder coating: ?
Hooked's apron mod: 350
Hooked's pop bumper mods: 100

#21 9 years ago

Get LED OCD.

#22 9 years ago

PM sent w/ an offer .... Cointaker wouldn't sell me his 4 a Few 100 below his price --
That was Up-setting - it sold for $ 5900 .

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

PM sent w/ an offer .... Cointaker wouldn't sell me his 4 a Few 100 below his price --
That was Up-setting
» YouTube video

Disappointing to hear that after all the business you've sent his way.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Disappointing to hear that after all the business you've sent his way.

U can say that Again !! Chris got Highly Pissed @ me for mentioning his IM was in a Theater
He lost his $ 6350.00 sale due to that .. I told him to Re-list it and tell the Truth ( IM will still sell )

Have U guys tried any Leds from Comet Pinball ,, I have my DH load'd w/ them .. Free Shipping and a HUGE assortment of Leds & Extremely CHEAPER too ... Prem- Leds for .99 cents ,,
Tell Art that B_R sent ya for a discount or some Free Samples ,, " Just getting Started "

http://www.cometpinball.com/Default.asp

#26 9 years ago

I buy ALL my LEDs from Comet. Art is a swell guy, and his merchandise is priced to sell!

#27 9 years ago

Sweet ill go check out his website right now

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

U can say that Again !! Chris got Highly Pissed @ me for mentioning his IM was in a Theater
He lost his $ 6350.00 sale due to that .. I told him to Re-list it and tell the Truth ( IM will still sell )
Have U guys tried any Leds from Comet Pinball ,, I have my DH load'd w/ them .. Free Shipping and a HUGE assortment of Leds & Extremely CHEAPER too ... Prem- Leds for .99 cents ,,
Tell Art that B_R sent ya for a discount or some Free Samples ,, " Just getting Started "

I'm sorry to hear that this happened especially after I recently started a thread praising CT. I personally don't have anything against CT, but I know you have sent them a ton of business, including me.

I hadn't heard of Comet until now, but after browsing their site, they seem to have a big variety of LEDs at great prices.

Btw, Glws to the OP and I loved the gifs! Hopefully you and BR can work out a deal so we can start to watch him work his magic on another IM.

#29 9 years ago

I just dropped some money on Comet and their LEDs. Thanks BR

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Say what?! He lost a lot credibility for hiding that fact, and got pissed at you? I'm gonna check out Art's site right now. Good luck with your offer on this IM. If anyone deserves a perfect IM like this, it'll be you.

#32 9 years ago

Chris has always been honest with me. I bought an Avatars that was in that theatre. Truth is Chris takes care of his games and hooks them up.

I've also seen huo games with much more wear than Chris's routed games. So it's a tough call and I think Chris's IM was worth over $6k with all the stuff that was done to it.

#33 9 years ago

A lot of people said they would buy IM if Stern ran it again... This is what Stern would be asking if they did run it again. Personally I don't think they will..GLWS

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

A lot of people said they would buy IM if Stern ran it again... This is what Stern would be asking if they did run it again. Personally I don't think they will..GLWS

I would buy an IM if they ran it again. Do 200-500 and call it a day. Stern could add, trim, new back glass, supports, LEDs and charge $7000.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

You think they'll want $7750 for I'm pro if they rerun it? I'd like to quote black knight right now and say "no way".

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would buy an IM if they ran it again. Do 200-500 and call it a day. Stern could add, trim, new back glass, supports, LEDs and charge $7000.

You're willing to pay $2500 more for that ? That's another good, used game worth of $$$

#37 9 years ago

Comet pinball has amazing products. I offered Chris his new asking price of 5995 and he ignored me as I passed on our original deal after finding out it was routed and had a chip on the backbox. Never will I purchase from coin taker again. Comet is the new led supplier in my collection.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

He lost his $ 6350.00 sale due to that .. I told him to Re-list it and tell the Truth p

#39 9 years ago

Now I'll be looking for a good HUO one when I get to Denver. No biggie, I hope.

You moving out to Colorado sometime soon?

#40 9 years ago

No, I'm not bullsh*tting. I have to thin the herd prior to moving.

Are you selling anything else? I would think the new in box game would be the easiest one to move out of the 26. I am willing to help in your time of need, just not on this game as I don't value this game at that price point. Not knocking your price.

#41 9 years ago

I think stern is about to rerun it, which is why I'm holding off on buying one right now. Too many coincidences.
- distributor selling his
- someone with nib trying to cash out for big money before stern announcement
- pic of several iron man playfields stacked at stern factory
- cover photo on stern facebook page changed to red Marvel logo
- most parts suppliers suddenly have Monger figures in stock

Maybe all these things mean nothing, but i think patience would be the best option right now if someone is really in the market for this title.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I think stern is about to rerun it, which is why I'm holding off on buying one right now. Too many coincidences.

Not that it really means a whole lot and could have been smoke blowing but when I met and talked to Gary Stern when he was here for a Mustang release party about a month ago, that was my question to him if they would ever rerun it. About a 15 minute list of reasons why and most making good sense, it ended with a NO.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Not that it really means a whole lot and could have been smoke blowing but when I met and talked to Gary Stern when he was here for a Mustang release party about a month ago, that was my question to him if they would ever rerun it. About a 15 minute list of reasons why and most making good sense, it ended with a NO.

I am guessing the 15 minutes of reasons were to NOT make it? Can you remember any examples that we might not have beaten to death 20 times already?

Also: Ouch on the cointaker deal. For some reason that game sale seemed to go south for multiple parties; pissed off people all around. Such is the power of Iron Man, for both good and ill.

#44 9 years ago

One thing that no one has mentioned and is pay more for is the playfield in IM. Several had registration issues and the artwork didnt center. Easiest way to tellis that its off around magnets. Artwork shifted to right or left. Worth more than any mod to me.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am guessing the 15 minutes of reasons were to NOT make it? Can you remember any examples that we might not have beaten to death 20 times already?

Yes sorry to clarify it was reasons there were NOT going to remake IM. I had been drinking a little that day but I do remember some talks of remanufacturing parts not being efficient I think because of changes they made on their lines, having to retool lines for "limited runs" and a lot had to do with the licensing I remember. He really seemed adamant when he talked about it with a group of us, I took away from it a guy that truly believed it wasn't going to happen.

At the same time he made the quote to a group of his when asked what his favorite pinball game was and he replied "whichever one is on the line currently and making money", so to me that shows that if the demand is there and Stern feels money can be made, anything is possible.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Not that it really means a whole lot and could have been smoke blowing but when I met and talked to Gary Stern when he was here for a Mustang release party about a month ago, that was my question to him if they would ever rerun it. About a 15 minute list of reasons why and most making good sense, it ended with a NO

Funny because thats never happened before..cough..Tron..cough.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

- pic of several Iron Man playfields stacked at stern factory

I would like to see that pic.

#48 9 years ago

It was on the MMR/Chicago gaming factory tour thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-home-run-my-visit-to-chicago-gaming-on-517

Pg 1 halfway down.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I just dropped some money on Comet and their LEDs. Thanks BR

Comet sells those plug and play led strips for 4 bucks and they're awesome! I put a cool white strip under the war machine plastic and guess what, the entire character is now illuminated! I'll bet all you other IM owners wish yours was! Now it can be...

image-181.jpgimage-181.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Yeah baby....

#50 9 years ago

Those were CNC-cut but unpopulated, unscreened playfields at the ChurchHill cabinet factory. I thought the same thing, but you don't know if they would ever populate them with inserts and screen them.

FWIW, through Trent I purch'd one of the last IM playfields from Stern's parts Sales a couple years ago. I want to have Kruzman work his magic and then swap it in. The objective there would be to make it play so f-in fast you want to cry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 256 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-im-pro-near-chicago-7750-cash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.