10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by viperrwk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Have a new LedOCD board for WPC95 games. I was going to install it in an AFM but never got around to it. It's from Herg's last run and is still sealed in the original shipping box. $150 shipped and PayPal is fine. Save around $10 and get it now instead of waiting for Herg's next batch.

#2 10 years ago

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get around to installing it. This will work in WPC95 machines as well as the early WPC.

#3 10 years ago

I'll take it. PM sent

#4 10 years ago

Herg, when will more be ready?

#5 10 years ago

There's not enough interest in the WPC/Sys11/DE ones at the moment to run more. I only have like 5 preorders on those.

There's more interest in Stern ones, but still not enough to run a batch. I have to run 50 at a time to make it worthwhile.

Previously, the Stern ones reused the WPC board design. I've since redesigned it, allowing me to reduce cost and simplify installation. The Stern ones will probably be a little less expensive next batch, but I can't really set a price until I get the quote from the assembly house.

#6 10 years ago

Is there a ROM that will help this. The LED are so fast, it is hard to look at in attract mode. This FT that I just bought is the first game I have in my collection with all LED. I read about a patch that keeps the LED lit longer? Anyone know if this will help?Running L-5 game ROM.

#7 10 years ago

If I'm understanding your question, you're asking about the sharp turn off of LEDs. Is that correct?

The ROM patch turns them off very slightly later to avoid ghosting, but they will still turn off with a sharp edge. One of the benefits of the LED OCD is to make them turn off more smoothly, like incandescents. There are special LEDs that attempt to do this as well, but out of the ones I've tried, I haven't found any that do this as well as I like.

#8 10 years ago

These boards are f'n awesome, only flaw is they dont work on premium models. I really need one for my new Metallica Pro as well! My Tron Pro is my best looking game simply because this board is in it.

#9 10 years ago

I guess that's it? Seems they turn off and on so fast compared to bulbs, it makes everything in super speed mode. I can burn ROMS myself, but don't know how to add a patch. Is there the binary files with the patch already added somewhere? Maybe it will help a little till I can get the OCD kit.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from lotsapins:

Is there the binary files with the patch already added somewhere?

Unless someone has patched what you want already and will email it to you, no.

What you need to know:

http://emmytech.com/arcade/led_ghost_busting/

You can contact the developer from that page - he also shows up here occasionally.

Depending upon the specific ROM, it can be straightforward or require manually editing the ROM file.

I was just glad I got herg's last Sys11 kit!

viperrwk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-new-ledocd-board-wpc95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.