si-58.jpg
mustang_logo.jpg
image-977.jpg
image-65.jpg
image-789.jpg
image-307.jpg
IMG_20140208_180402[1].jpg
IMG_20140208_180408[1].jpg

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I'm looking to sell or trade my Medieval.

The good: A beautiful playfield with almost no wear on it; A spotless cabinet from Bigtime Cabinets; Chrome legs, side rails, and lock bar; New coin door and PDI glass.

The bad: It plays great but does have one error that does not affect gameplay: a sound board interface error. If you open the coin door, after power up, enter and exit the test report it then clears up.

I've adjusted the sale price accordingly, to $8500. I'll keep it at that until the market says otherwise. I'd also be interested in trades plus cash for a HUO IM, a CQ SS, or a CQ Getaway.

Pictures:
http://s759.photobucket.com/user/STEVE792/library/MM

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_20140208_175658[1].jpgIMG_20140208_175658[1].jpg
IMG_20140208_175801[1].jpgIMG_20140208_175801[1].jpg
IMG_20140208_180252[1].jpgIMG_20140208_180252[1].jpg
IMG_20140208_180408[1].jpgIMG_20140208_180408[1].jpg
IMG_20140208_180402[1].jpgIMG_20140208_180402[1].jpg

#2 10 years ago

Bump for the Monday crowd.

#3 10 years ago

Priced dropped, as I'm looking to move quickly on another pin.

Thanks,
Steve

#4 10 years ago

Anyone thinking about getting a MMr should think again and grab this thing... awesome deal!

#5 10 years ago

i have recently bought an Indiana jones from steve, and everything was as described. which was nice bc i drove to atl GA based on pics(6hrs 1 way). i couldnt have been happier. thanks steve

#6 10 years ago

Yet again I live in the wrong damn country. Perfectly priced deal IMHO. Good luck.

#7 10 years ago

8500 used with error or 8500 NIB ???

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Definitely original Williams MM, with error, now, for 8500.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Because some of us would rather have an original.

#10 10 years ago

Wish you where closer to Chicago image-789.jpgimage-789.jpgimage-307.jpgimage-307.jpg

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Because some of us would rather have an original.

I guess? Most of the people buying now at around $8k are buying it to actually have it. The MMr pins may be delayed, and hey, bird-in-the-hand. If you're a player, and not a pin trophy collector, nothing wrong with the MMr.

#13 10 years ago

but the problem is no one knows if it will play the same. i would rather go with what is proven. just my opinion.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

If you're a player, and not a pin trophy collector, nothing wrong with the MMr.

So, if you collect high end examples of games it makes you a trophy collector not a player. LOL

That kind of thinking is pervasive around here. Let me guess, your school didn't hand out first, second and third place awards, rather, "participation" certificates. Everyone's equal, as should our collections be, right?

I was in on MMr (number 17 in fact) when I found a deal on a solid original for less than MMr. After assessing all the parts that need replaced to make it mint (including a new playfield) I will be more than a MMr. Do I care? Nope. I want an original. MMr is great and if I couldn't find a deal on an original I would own a MMr. He'll I bought an AFM for more than the going price of mmr knowing AFM very well could be remade next. I don't give a damn. Why? Yep, you guessed it; I want original.

That doesn't make me a trophy collector. It makes me an aficionado of the originals. It surely doesn't make me any less a pin player than the next guy.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Good grief!

In 6 months or so a remake of MM may or may not be completed/shipping and it may or may not play the same as the original. We do know for sure that the remake when made will be very different under the hood from the original. The OP is looking to sell a *WILLIAMS* Medieval Madness of which no more will ever be made and it actually exists and can be played now.
All are aware of the remake so they can make up their own minds original vs remake.

Bump for the OP
GLWS
image-65.jpgimage-65.jpgimage-977.jpgimage-977.jpg

#17 10 years ago

The only thing that is clearly obvious is the prices of the originals have dropped. I don't see how anyone can dispute that FACT. The remake is causing that to happen and effect a lot of the prices on games people feel might be remade in the future. Personally, I feel that is great for the hobby. Lower prices are always a good thing and 6 months ago a lot of titles that were priced extremely high have gotten more "reasonable".

Hopefully, this continues and even if I buy an original I am hoping that the remake is a success. If it is, the prices of the old originals will continue to drop in my opinion but who really knows for sure. Time will tell and we can all speculate on the future but for the present the threat of the remake has caused some prices to decline and that can not be disputed.

The OP is selling his MM for a good price and a year ago this price would not be available. Hopefully, the price declines will continue in all the higher priced titles so more people can buy them in the future !!!! We can only hope.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Wish you where closer to Chicago

image-307.jpg 287 KB

image-789.jpg 326 KB

do you miss yours? I promise I'm giving it a good home.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

The only thing that is clearly obvious is the prices of the originals have dropped. I don't see how anyone can dispute that FACT.

Yes along with all other titles. EVERYTHING has dropped in price to some degree. The remake has hurt pricing on originals but the fact is Everything has dropped...

#20 10 years ago

Teekee.......well summer normally is "soft" so there should be better buying opportunities in the summer.....keeping A LOT of "dry powder" and making space for a little "summer buying spree".......fun, fun, fun....should be a buyers market in July and August especially with people wanting some NIB pins !!!! Buy in the summer sell around X-MAS early January is the best way to upgrade a collection based on my limited experience !!!!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

The OP is selling his MM for a good price and a year ago this price would not be available. Hopefully, the price declines will continue in all the higher priced titles so more people can buy them in the future !!!! We can only hope.

Some would rather have a nice original MM but I'd like to see it first. Although the definition of "truly original" is esoteric, their aren't too many truly original MM's in nice condition floating around @ $8500 apiece now nor do I think we'll see many in the future.

Some wouldn't mind paying the right price for a nice original MM but, considering there respective prices, the argument about whether this particular MM is preferable to a NIB MMr LE is a moot one, IMO.

Let's be careful out there.

#22 10 years ago

is it dropping or just reverting back to normal conditions. I think the bubble is shrinking and people are starting to pull their heads out of their asses.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

is it dropping or just reverting back to normal conditions. I think the bubble is shrinking and people are starting to pull their heads out of their asses.

Come on......prices don't always go up ????? Don't you know talking about declining prices is not allowed....LOL. Prices aren't allowed to correct downward 10%-20% they are only allowed to go up 10% every year. Get with the plan man.......LOL !!!! You are spot on some of us are seeing it as it is "clear as day". You are seeing sub $5K TAF in decent condition becoming the "new normal" as well as many other titles.....it isn't just MM it is "across the board". Asking price is not selling price and most of us never know what the game sold for either but I would say in most cases it is below asking prices (and in some 10-20 percent below I am sure).

#24 10 years ago

The OP has priced this MM fairly and getting back on subject I am interested.....at $8,500 a MM becomes "in play" in my opinion. The interesting thing is a year ago this would have sold in an hour.......so prices have come down a lot and people are "still on the fence" for a $8,500 MM because of the "fear of further price declines".....nobody is ever going to tell me that is not happening (people are thinking hey "where is the bottom" on some of these older high priced titles)....kinda like the real estate market when prices kept going down......the asking prices didn't decline but the inventory "just sat" and eventually prices had to decline to "motivate buyers on the fence".

Lets not derail this into a price discussion......I have PMed the OP and I am interested but distance will probably be an issue unfortunately. At $8,500 he is in the ball park in my opinion and the risk/reward is starting to balance when compared to buying an MMR....is this the bottom.....probably not.....but we are getting close in my opinion (within 10-15 percent for an older MM in good shape).

#25 10 years ago

btw, that MM looks damn nice, but if I were you. I'd get those shit plastic leg protectors off of there, because are going to ruin your new cabinet.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I agree. Prices were out of control, and an adjustment had to be made. I don't know what MMR has to do in the overall scheme of things as it would be easy to just point to MM prices, but since EVERY pin seems to be effected I believe it is something more than just MMR.

Look at the HUO market on new pins. AC/DC BIBLE is the only pin to appreciate in recent years. METLE started down that road, but has come back down.

If you believe in Supply/Demand economics it could be one of 2 things: 1. People leaving the hobby 2. New companies, increasing supply or planning to, outpacing the demand. I haven't seen any evidence of number 1, but number 2 is getting hard to keep track of.

It is getting to the point where new manufacturers first machines have not been completed and they are announcing the next one, or people are hounding info for the next one. If the market is adjusting to prices, these manufacturers will feel it too.

Good luck with the sale...Machine looks nice...

#27 10 years ago

So we have the new 2014 Mustang with 600 hp stock positraction Satelite radio for
22.900.00 Or we have the the 400 hp Mustang that is 10 years old for 22.900.00
Yea I get it?

#28 10 years ago

+1 for Steve. Good guy. Honest Seller. Nice price for an "original" MM.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

So we have the new 2014 Mustang with 600 hp stock positraction Satelite radio for
Yea I get it?

Except the new Mustang is made by Hyundai.... Now choose

#30 10 years ago

My feeling is I truly believe some people are starting to panic (some not all) as I believe some collectors have convinced themselves and their wives pins were "investments" so some people (again not all) view their pin collection as a supplement to their 401K......I truly believe this is the case for a percentage of collectors (my guess would be 10-25 percent) and if their pin collection went to $0 they would be "hurting".....for most of us that is not the case but for some I truly believe it is. I know people who give their wife the old "hey, I am not really spending money" as justification for their big collections and their purchases (again...some but not all do this). I believe some of the people getting out are "too proud" to tell their fellow pinsiders that is the reason as I have seen some people recently selling off most or their entire collection and do find this "an extreme coincidence" in light of declining prices.

Again, this is the minority but I believe not everyone that is currently in this hobby could afford it if pinball prices declined 5-10 percent every year rather then went up......we shall see if I am right (trust me there are many pinsiders that can afford a 100 percent decline and would still buy them.....but there is a minority that can not and they will be forced out of the hobby or at least limit their purchases if falling prices become the "new normal" as I feel it will.

However, this is a FAIR PRICE.....GOOD LUCK OP you should be able to sell this at close to your asking price !!!!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

And no Mustang logo...

mustang_logo.jpgmustang_logo.jpg
#32 10 years ago

Falling used prices + higher NIB prices = unstable

#33 10 years ago

That's what I'm talking bout JACK!

si-58.jpgsi-58.jpg

Quoted from fattrain:

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from john041160:

Yea I get it?

Your HP numbers are *slightly* off

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

That kind of thinking is pervasive around here. Let me guess, your school didn't hand out first, second and third place awards, rather, "participation" certificates. Everyone's equal, as should our collections be, right?

Where I come from, having more money doesn't mean you're in "first". $15k MM really put the game out of the hands of a lot of people. That to me is a bummer. No, every collection is not equal, I get that. Not everyone makes the same amount of money, not everyone has a big enough house; some people choose to have one income instead of two, or have kids or not. But taking the (arguably) best-playing game and making it so expensive that most people won't get to own or play it, that's kind of a bummer. And these games are for playing, not bragging about.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Where I come from, having more money doesn't mean you're in "first". $15k MM really put the game out of the hands of a lot of people. That to me is a bummer. No, every collection is not equal, I get that. Not everyone makes the same amount of money, not everyone has a big enough house; some people choose to have one income instead of two, or have kids or not. But taking the (arguably) best-playing game and making it so expensive that most people won't get to own or play it, that's kind of a bummer. And these games are for playing, not bragging about.

Not quite the case - cars are made for driving, but as I'm sure you know, many people collect them and either don't drive them at all, or rarely do. Same I think with any hobby. But as everyone says, it all comes down to supply and demand. If there wasn't demand to pay $15k for MM's, then the price would have been lower. MM became the "trophy pin" for just about everyone, other than BBB.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The assumption on your part is everyone who owns an original mm does so only for bragging rights. How can you not see how off this logic is.

You make valid arguments to the validity of making MMr. I concur. Everyone should have access to a mm. If MMr facilitates that, then great!

The issue I have with your posts is that by someone preferring mm over MMr they are somehow elitist, trophy collecting snobs looking to rub it in others faces. That is a derisive way of thinking. In closing, I think MMr is great.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Your HP numbers are *slightly* off.

2014 GT500 has 662HP (close to the 600HP figure noted)
2004 SVT Cobra had 390HP (also close to the 400HP noted)

What I find totally unrealistic is the 22,900.00 price for the 2014.

#39 10 years ago

The poor guy is just trying to sell a pin....

#40 10 years ago

he will probably sell it, because all the talk keeps his FS thread to the top. everytime I had people bitching in my thread, the item sold.

#41 10 years ago

Man my SS may be worth looking into this.....dont want to let her go tho........

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he will probably sell it, because all the talk keeps his FS thread to the top. everytime I had people bitching in my thread, the item sold.

Valid point...another way to look at it..bump

#43 10 years ago

PM sent

#44 10 years ago

It's not clear when the MMR will ship, if it will play the same or how it will wear. The extra clear on the playfield sounds nice and in theory the newer electronics will be more reliable, but it's a new design. New designs have issues as the JJP board issue illustrated. I'm not convinced comparing MM and the MMR is comparing apples to apples. It might turn out that way, but we don't know yet.

OP, nice price on a great machine. GLWS!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So intentionally putting something in your FS thread for something to bitch about is a good thing? Devious..

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from swf127:

So intentionally putting something in your FS thread for something to bitch about is a good thing? Devious..

Actually yes. Most things around here fall off the page within about 30 min, due to all the fluff threads about useless shit. So the more bitching on a thread, the better chance that someone sees it.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Actually yes. Most things around here fall off the page within about 30 min, due to all the fluff threads about useless shit. So the more bitching on a thread, the better chance that someone sees it.

Sad but true.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Well, JJP hasnt shipped an LE since back in 2013, so someone had to take over the crosshair for rabid pinside posting, PPS took the challenge

But kidding aside, i think a MM priced at $8500 would have plenty of steam to keep driving a thread regardless of the distractions..... Its EPIC all on its own.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

JJP hasnt shipped an LE since back in 2013

I don't think that's accurate, lowepg. There have been reports of recent shipments.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I don't think that's accurate, lowepg. There have been reports of recent shipments.

Ah, well my aim is to be inaccurate

But I was just going by the "recent Wozle shipping" thread.

Perhaps they actually started shipping again..... ISH.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-medieval-madness-in-excellent-condition-ga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.