Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141019_114724.jpg
20140118_135209.jpg
20140901_164924.jpg
ebd overlay.jpg
$T2eC16hHJGsFFMujnuuZBSQCCgN38Q~~48_20.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I am selling a few EBD and Kiss Overlays. 175.00 each shipped in the US. 325.00 for two.$T2eC16hHJGsFFMujnuuZBSQCCgN38Q~~48_20.JPG$T2eC16hHJGsFFMujnuuZBSQCCgN38Q~~48_20.JPGebd overlay.jpgebd overlay.jpg. Purchased a small quantity from a local arcade company who was going out of business.

1 week later
#3 10 years ago

So is that like a great big sticker that goes on the playfield?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Tridentphoto:

So is that like a great big sticker that goes on the playfield?

Something like that.

4 weeks later
#5 10 years ago

I have 2 Kiss and 2 EBD overlays available.

#6 10 years ago

Mike, my concern with these overlays is that it seems like it would be very difficult to install them, am I wrong? (and do you only get one shot at it before ruining it?) And is the Kiss overlay standard for all Kiss Pins?

Does an overlay change the actual play at all, ie: is it faster or slower, or anything like that?

By the way, they look terrific, I imagine they would greatly improve the look of a faded playfield.

#7 10 years ago

Yes, they are rather difficult to install, but look amazing when you prep the playfield prior to installation. Doesn't really effect the game play in any way, but you would have to talk to others who have used one before. Bottom line is that this is the perfect alternative to a complete playfield replacement, and refreshing your playfield to an original great looking pin.

#8 10 years ago

i have to say i was really impressed by this 8 ball deluxe overlay, i had one and it came out perfect after i did a clear job on top of it (you have too with this one).
not that hard to install when you know how.

#9 10 years ago

I love the idea, and it looks like this will do wonders for the look of the game. Still have my concerns about installation, but I will consider it.

#10 10 years ago

Clearing over the mylar is tough though. I've seen it lift off the graphic before. Be careful.

I've removed the mylar off the graphic and then clear coated for a better result

#11 10 years ago

I installed one on an EBD playfield that I sanded off and cleared with Varathane first. I misted the playfield with water/dish soap, but I would say I didn't spray enough because we were not able to slide the overlay around to position it after we laid it down.

We started at the top, but as we progressed towards the bottom it was out of alignment. We had to peel it up twice, then aligned it starting with the large target bank and then it was perfect. Squeegeed out what little water and air was under it and it's been perfect ever since.

I used the Arcade Grafix overlay and I don't know how the mylar compares to other overlays, but it's always played fast and I never felt the need to clearcoat it.

Bill

1 week later
1 week later
#13 10 years ago

One Kiss and two EBD overlays available.

#14 10 years ago

pm sent on the Kiss overlay.

Brian

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

pm sent on the Kiss overlay.
Brian

Got it, thanks.

#16 10 years ago

I have one Kiss and one EBD overlay left.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#18 10 years ago

I have two EBD overlays still available at 175.00 each shipped.

1 week later
#19 10 years ago

Hi I want the EBD, could you ship overseas?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from ChilePin:

Hi I want the EBD, could you ship overseas?

Sure if you pay for postage.

#21 10 years ago

Sorry, do you have the kiss too? or only the two EBD?

#22 10 years ago

Basically same process as installing cabinet decals?

2 weeks later
#23 10 years ago

Are any these still available?

2 weeks later
6 months later
#26 9 years ago

Hey Mike, I finally installed the mylar on kiss. I still need to clear coat it but here are a few pictures of the progress. The playfield was sanded down, all inserts removed/replaced/sanded flat. the arrows i couldn't get so had to reuse. the playfield was cleared several times and sanded several times before mylar install to make it absolutely flat.

masked off the playfield to air brush the whites in.
20140901_164924.jpg20140901_164924.jpg
old playfield before sanding
20140118_135209.jpg20140118_135209.jpg
Mylar on
20141019_114724.jpg20141019_114724.jpg

Brian

Post edited by bpull: clearify the process

#27 9 years ago

I would have loved to save the playfield and not put on the Mylar but this thing was bad. It had a huge surface crack going down the center of the playfield from the top all the way to the arrows the I had to fill in with clear and sand. the art work was just too far gone and my friend, for who this is for, did not want to spend the money on a NOS.
A huge thanks to my Bro(kpull) for helping me get this on. It's nerve racking but we used lots of water to help position the mylar

Brian

#28 9 years ago

Looks Good!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I would have loved to save the playfield and not put on the Mylar but this thing was bad. It had a huge surface crack going down the center of the playfield from the top all the way to the arrows the I had to fill in with clear and sand. the art work was just too far gone and my friend, for who this is for, did not want to spend the money on a NOS.
A huge thanks to my Bro(kpull) for helping me get this on. It's nerve racking but we used lots of water to help position the mylar
Brian

loos nice finished, did you sand the og pf graphix off then first and install decal?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

loos nice finished, did you sand the og pf graphix off then first and install decal?

thanks,
Yes, sanded all the artwork off , cleared and leveled all the inserts, and cleared and sanded flat the entire playfield before putting down the mylar.

Brian

#31 9 years ago

nice work. layover looks slick

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ebd-and-kiss-overlay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.