FS: Circus Voltaire in lower Michigan

Started 1 year ago by Dayhuff in forum MarketPinball machines for sale.

FS: Circus Voltaire in lower Michigan

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by Dayhuff
  • 46 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from The_Gorilla

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Working 100%, with the purple scrolls on top, bell mod, shopped just
    recently, new plastics and post as well as ringmaster and protectors
    installed. Nice, nice game. Email or call for pics.
    $9500 obo.

Thanks,
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Can I just act like I'm buying it to get in that basement? Looks interesting down there

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Wow you must have good eye's........LOL. There's nothing else to see in those pictures but the CV. You got night vision goggles on or something ?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Looks like another machine behind it...spare playfields for ceilings...spidey senses tingling!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Dayhuff said:

$9500 obo.

Is this what CV is going for now? It was a $5K game a few months ago.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Buschjs said:

Is this what CV is going for now? It was a $5K game a few months ago.

Here we go again!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

If prices keeping going like this I will be putting my CV and TOTAN up for sale. Good luck with the sale

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Buschjs said:

Is this what CV is going for now? It was a $5K game a few months ago

They don't go for that, but they certainly ask that for them. He has OBO on there, so that covers his bases for the Price Police.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    tatman9999 said:

If prices keeping going like this I will be putting my CV and TOTAN up for sale. Good luck with the sale

I can't blame you one bit tatman. All I can say to the crazy market is WOW.?. Just seems like lunacy to me.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

If you get this I might also have a CV on the market. =-( So minty and so pretty. This would make me sad but 9K + would make me happy again =-)

Best of luck in sales

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    TheLaw said:

Can I just act like I'm buying it to get in that basement? Looks interesting down there

Let's just say that this guy's basement is the stuff that dreams are made of...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Is this one HUO? Is the playfield perfect? Need more info, especially if you are asking $9500.

NM

Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Buschjs said:

Is this what CV is going for now?

Generally speaking: no.

I passed on one with a nice cabinet but with overlays on the Volt Rollovers a month ago for $5200 on another forum.

Also about a month ago, a near-perfect two-owner HUO with original receipt sold for $7,000 on another forum.

It all boils down to condition of course; the OPs game may be worth a premium.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    TunaSled said:

TheLaw said:Can I just act like I'm buying it to get in that basement? Looks interesting down there

John's basement (2011 party):

» YouTube video

John's a straight-up, great guy and an asset to the pin community. His yearly party is epic and worth the drive to Battle Creek.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    bcgameguide said:

TunaSled said:TheLaw said:Can I just act like I'm buying it to get in that basement? Looks interesting down there
    John's basement (2011 party):
    » YouTube video
    John's a straight-up, great guy and an asset to the pin community. His yearly party is epic and worth the drive to Battle Creek.

I didn't make it into the video this year, I may have already left or be in the garage swilling beers. That certainly is Pinsider "wontwa" playing JD though!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I'd be in the market for a CV, sadly, not at this price.
    Good luck though. It must be a fantastic example.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

man i'd like to see a close up of that playfield, shooter lane, around the ring master.

the game does look good, on my wishlist but i'd probably take it off... crazy price!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Wow..........at 9500, I'm just going to say what everybody else is thinking.....somebody needs to put the crack pipe down....but good luck with that....

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I bet it sells no problem at that price. Current state of the hobby.

I want it but I'd have to sell all four of my current pins to get it...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Dayhuff said:

Wow you must have good eye's........LOL. There's nothing else to see in those pictures but the CV. You got night vision goggles on or something ?
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

That picture of Elvira is interesting. Is it signed to you?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    TunaSled said:

I bet it sells no problem at that price. Current state of the hobby

Not even in the current state.....I would pay about $4500 and that's it.....so I'll just wait for WOZ and BHZA!

RobT

Pinside legend
    12,292,773 3
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    NM said:

Buschjs said:Is this what CV is going for now?

Generally speaking: no.
    I passed on one with a nice cabinet but with overlays on the Volt Rollovers a month ago for $5200 on another forum.
    Also about a month ago, a near-perfect two-owner HUO with original receipt sold for $7,000 on another forum.
    It all boils down to condition of course; the OPs game may be worth a premium.

It *may* be worth a premium, but I see nothing in the pics or description to make me think that's the case.

The price is stupid.

I'd expect a fully restored CV (with a clear coated pf) for this price.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    iceman44 said:

TunaSled said:I bet it sells no problem at that price. Current state of the hobby
    Not even in the current state.....I would pay about $4500 and that's it.....so I'll just wait for WOZ and BHZA!

Not to you, of course but we've all seen this before.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    TunaSled said:

Not to you, of course but we've all seen this before.

Not happening, no way, under any circumstances! Stupid price that nobody will pay.........

And for that price...I'd expect Brooklyn Decker to show up and dance naked every time I turned the machine on.......

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    iceman44 said:

.I would pay about $4500 and that's it

Good luck finding a CV as nice as this one anywhere near that price. Not that $9500 isn't shooting for the stars, but players condition CV's were selling for $4-4500 five years ago.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RobT said:

The price is stupid.

agreed.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Wow these current A Title prices are making NIB LE's seem affordable!

Surely these prices have peaked and with the current production and flood of more manufactures and more and more great late model,new technology games these machines will only come DOWN in the very near future as people turn there interest in purchasing these new machines.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Am I the only person that noticed the OBO after the price tag? Sounds to me like he would like to get $9500 for the machine and is willing to sell it for that Or Best Offer.

I just don’t understand the logic behind all this price policing; it’s really the worst part of this hobby at this point. If a NIB Stern machine can fetch upwards of $6K-$7K and continue to rise, it will drive up the prices on the top rated B/W titles.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Betelgeuse said:

Good luck finding a CV as nice as this one anywhere near that price. Not that $9500 isn't shooting for the stars, but players condition CV's were selling for $4-4500 five years ago.

There was a CV sold here on pinside as nice or nicer than that one with the purple coin box and powder coated trim for $6500 a few months ago.....

The price is a joke....more power to him if he gets it....and that is the worst part of this hobby at this point.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Vegeta! What does the seller say about his price level?!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    iceman44 said:

The price is a joke....more power to him if he gets it....and that is the worst part of this hobby at this point.

Giving him "more power" by getting his asking price, is the worst part of this hobby? Seems like a bit of a misnomer to me.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    turbo20lbs said:

I've learned over the years and after countless for sale posts, that anything coming out of John Dayhuff's for sale stable is usually average at best ...

Wow, that's a pretty harsh statement! If you're going to drag someone's name through the mud like that, I hope you have some solid evidence to backup your claims.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Cut the guy some slack. He simply offered it for sale. I would rather see many pins for sale at all different price levels than just a few for sale at a price that sells in ten minutes. If you don't like CV just move on. If you don't like the seller, same thing. If you don't have $9000, step aside. He didn't make any outrageous claims or say it was the best one ever, he simply offered it for sale. I don't understand all the self appoint Price Police. Jealous or what?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RustyLizard said:

Cut the guy some slack. He simply offered it for sale.

Yeah, and when I have listed pins for sale I routinely get offers for 30%-40% below my asking price, which could put offers in the $5750 - $6650 for this machine, which is not unreasonable at all.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    turbo20lbs said:

I've learned over the years and after countless for sale posts, that anything coming out of John dayhuff's for sale stable is usually average at best. This CV isn't worth anything near the asking price.

I've seen some gems come put of D's "stable". With my eyes. Played them. Real stuff here, not imagined or assumed.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

On one hand I totally agree but the flip side is If I just got this on my phone and fell in love with it and then googled to here I think I would like to see there are varying opinions.
    Remember I was that guy a while back. learning to look around to seen options only came from reading these posts.
    So fair to list and price what you want. But outside of Ebay etc you should be open to discussion if its on a forum.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I remember when I sold my pristine restored High Speed 2 for $2500, I felt bad about it. This sale makes me feel like I could have sold it for 5000 these days hah...

My Shadow is now for sale for 4000, Fishtales 4000, and TSPP 8000. Might as well get on the ridiculous price bandwagon!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    turbo20lbs said:

I've learned over the years and after countless for sale posts, that anything coming out of John dayhuff's for sale stable is usually average at best.

That's why this CV won "Best in Show" at PaTZ a month ago.

I've seen the game. It is absolutely spectacular. Anybody who went to PaTZ knows how phenomenal this CV is.

Pete

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    PinBill said:

the best in show award at PATZ is nothing to write home about.

You apparently weren't there to see this CV in person, then.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    PinBill said:

I've seen the game

I don't know about awards but a fellow pinsiders opinion holds a lot of weight.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    RustyLizard said:

He didn't make any outrageous claims or say it was the best one ever, he simply offered it for sale. I don't understand all the self appoint Price Police. Jealous or what?

I wouldn't say jealous by any means. What I don't like lately is the trend of "Well it sold on eBay lately for that price so........."

Like the AFM that sold for $8k. Now EVERYONE'S AFM is $8k baseline. Casual owners like me might as well try to reach the moon from the driveway with one jump before we hope to buy an AFM at this rate.

It's not price-policing out of jealousy - at least not with me. It's "keep your expectations real." The amount of money some people are starting to fork out this year is simply not even ridiculous - it's a lot of "ready fire aim!" with their hearts (which leads directly to their wallets). Of course, with everyone thinking their MM is 12k, their AFM is $8k, their BBB repro is $20k and having BUYERS putting that kind of money out on ePay, some of us might as well just start looking at Sega/DE games for life *looks at his own collection*. Oh, too late, already there ...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pmWolf said:

That's why this CV won "Best in Show" at PaTZ a month ago.
    I've seen the game. It is absolutely spectacular. Anybody who went to PaTZ knows how phenomenal this CV is

Pete,

You and John (like myself) have been in this long enough, what do you think this game will actually sell for? My guess? 6k (Maybe 6500 if lucky). That is taking into account the inflated crazy prices as of late.

Why would someone as experienced as John throw out such a high number to start? John usually prices his machines about 30% higher than the market in which they actually sell, and then he moves them at the actual "trading hands" prices where the market actually is.

What I am getting at is, why is this machine $9500 compared to his usual listings? It is one thing if he asks exhorbant prices on everything he sells, but that is not his established baseline. Based on the brief description and the few pictures, there is nothing to show this machine other than a "very nice" CV, which is what it looks like. What separates this very nice CV from other very nice CVs for many thousands less?

Seriously not price policing, John can ask whatever he wants, but there really is no detail to show people what makes this machine the exception the rule. I think a lot of people know John and the volume of pins he moves, and that is probably why there is a lot of buzz about this particular asking price, seems like we are all missing something here....

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    ralphwiggum said:

Seriously not price policing, John can ask whatever he wants, but there really is no detail to show people what makes this machine the exception the rule.

John sometimes borders on computer illiteracy. =)

This is certainly not how I personally would have marketed this machine...and I agree that there should be more pictures, better pictures, a better description, and some kind of explanation above what we've got in the OP.

As to your other questions...(like what I think it will go for, and why it is priced this way): It's really not something I'm in a place to discuss at length on a public forum.

I can only say that I personally would consider the game to be in fantastic shape. I don't think he'll get $9500 out of it, but I'm reasonably certain that it will be well above $6k-$6.5k.

I am skeptical that he will find any buyers on this forum, though.

I am also reasonably sure that I'll hear about calling him "Computer Illiterate." I expect a phone call tonight or tomorrow....or whenever he figures out how to find this post again on the site.

=)

Pete

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pmWolf said:

I am also reasonably sure that I'll hear about calling him "Computer Illiterate." I expect a phone call tonight or tomorrow....or whenever he figures out how to find this post again on the site.

=)

That's Great!

NM

Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    ralphwiggum said:

My guess? 6k (Maybe 6500 if lucky).

I would concur with this valuation assessment for an example that shows evidence of light route use based on the two very recent comps I cited earlier (from just a month ago or less):

1. $7,000 for a near-perfect two-owner HUO with a known original receipt.

2. $5,200 for a nice players example with overlays.

IMO, that's approximately where the market range is on this title (excluding the high-end restorations by the hobby's top restorers).

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

This is a forum to discuss pins and anything related to pins and last time I checked "pricing" was one of them......call it the "price police" or whatever, I don't really care, all I know is that when I first started in this hobby I relied heavily on a lot of the great people on this site....and still do.....

So it's just my opinion, and I'm sure the opinion of many others, take it or leave it, but I'm going to comment on something as ridiculous as this.....I don't like people getting beaten up over posting sales prices either when its in the ballpark.....this isn't.....that said, this guy is free to do whatever he wants to do, like I said, more power to him....

I think, imho, this won't be good for the hobby long term, but we'll see....like I've said before, the older pins will get none of my dollars now..............

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    pmWolf said:

but I'm reasonably certain that it will be well above $6k-$6.5k.

I am skeptical that he will find any buyers on this forum, though.

I doubt it....and the buyers on this forum are usually educated....that's why...

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Played the game at patz and it is outstanding. I don't know but anyone consider he may be selling for someone else who set the asking price? Also, a great game and I know some in my collection I wouldn't sell unless the price made me do it. The game is available at best offer.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple