1.jpg
ACDC_DMD.jpg
117974-i.jpg
117983-i.png
ricer.JPG
20131111_153502_resized.jpg
20131111_153447_resized.jpg
20131111_153431_resized.jpg
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Got mine today and installed it in just a few minutes. Thanks for a great looking, reasonably priced, easy to install mod.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from ssgkarny1:

Got mine today and installed it in just a few minutes. Thanks for a great looking, reasonably priced, easy to install mod.

This is like music to my ears You're welcome.

Glad I could share this with you and the other folks here, To me that is Golden.
Enjoy!

#103 10 years ago

and a Black Friday Bump!

If anyone is interested.. have 5 full sets left on these. 8 Speaker panels. Thats going to be it for awhile on this batch. I have other projects in progress that I need to focus my time and materials to.

By now ..most of you should have your orders. As of right now. I think everyone is pretty happy.

Happy Flipping!

-Joe

1 week later
#104 10 years ago

And here's my speaker decal - I am yet to install the cabinet decals.

ACDC_DMD.jpgACDC_DMD.jpg
#105 10 years ago

Got these from Joe yesterday...thanks Joe!

Really impressed with the quality - I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get them on right without screwing them up, since the playfield is in the way no matter what you do. However, due to the thickness/durability of the material combined with the fact that the back is more tacky than sticky - it was really easy to try, peel off, try again until I got a good technique to get it on perfectly. I wasn't sure I'd like the speaker panel decal - but my girlfriend thought it was awesome so I put it on

Looks HOT!

#106 10 years ago

Thank you Greg for your mini-review. This means a lot to me

A LOT!

I don't know abuot the rest of you guys.. but when it comes to the little Mrs. .. she is usually right.

Anytime .Bro. enjoy them!!!

-Joe

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

And here's my speaker decal - I am yet to install the cabinet decals.

ACDC_DMD.jpg 185 KB

I see you are sporting WOLOWIZARDS "For those about to Rock" sticker as well.

#108 10 years ago

That's true - I also installed the figurines to the playfield. I seem to be copycatting quite a lot, but I just really like how you guys are pimping out the AC/DC

1 week later
#109 10 years ago

Ok so..I been getting a few questions on installation tips
So I have this little write up..I plan on making a demo video shortly but her this is for now,
This is how I do it.
SAFTEY FIRST: TAKE YOUR PLUG OUT
1) remove your lock down bar
2) slide glass off carefully
3) remove all balls from the game
4) pull playfield straight up so that front of your play field touches the back glass
5) take felt strips and peel off the backing , now place the sticker part against the side of the play field. Repeat the same on the other side so that both felt strips are now sticking to both sides of the play field. This is the wood area that is exposed when you are looking at the machine from the side. This will help in preventing any damage when you lift and lower your play field up and down. The PinBLades have a protective coating but its never a bad idea to have extra protection.
6) With your play field full upright, push it towards one side as much as possible. There should be an 1/8 the of an inch on each side between the playfield and the cabinet,
7)pull backing off the corner of one PinbLade off starting from the rear. Line up the rear notch with the screw (STERN) and where the head meets the cab. (notched area) Now tack it against the cabinet wall at the same time line up the front of the pin blade to the front of the cabinet, IT should be nice and smooth. You may have to do this a few times but just do it carefully. You can peel the panels off easily so don't worry about messing up . You can do this time and time again until you are happy with positioning. It would probably be a good idea to get a friend to help you.
8)Repeat step for opposite side. You can take a squeegee or credit card to smooth them out.
Make sure they are flush. No bubbles high spots

Now lower your play field carefully..making note not to touch the sides as you are lowering. (it's ok if you do because you have the felt and the PinBlades have protective coating but its just good practice)
Put the balls back in the game.
Slide glass back in place
Lock down the lock down bar.

That's it.

should take you about 10 minutes tops!

#110 10 years ago

Joe - how about a speaker panel cover for LOTR Of course with your flair

#111 10 years ago

I agree with MN-Flipper, I've got the side panels already!!

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I agree with MN-Flipper, I've got the side panels already!!

Mine are on the way

I also have Joe's stuff on my AC/DC Hemi machine - AMAZING WORK

#113 10 years ago

Sure Why not!

I actually took the AC/DC panel and placed it on the LOTR and believe it or not it looked pretty good.
Jim I sent you one you should be getting today..Maye try it out and post some pictures??...but I will come up with one LOTR specific.

Thanks for all the ideas guys.. I have so many people who have so many great ideas. I have so much cool stuff going on right now.. your going to start seeing this show up. I want to get to them all. We have an amazing group of talented/creative people here with some fantastic ideas. keep 'em coming!

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Sure Why not!
I actually took the AC/DC panel and placed it on the LOTR and believe it or not it looked pretty good.
Jim I sent you one you should be getting today..Maye try it out and post some pictures??...but I will come up with one specific.

I most definitely will post pictures I would love a speaker panel cover for LOTR - it would polish it nicely - thanks again Joe

Regards,
Jim

#115 10 years ago

Quality materials and the abilty to move these again and again if its not straight , fair price,make this a great mod. Thanks Joe.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Sure Why not!
Jim I sent you one you should be getting today..Maybe try it out and post some pictures??...but I will come up with one LOTR specific.

Joe Rocks!

1 week later
#117 10 years ago

check out the new FB page and join our group and stay up to date on all the new mods in one spot

https://www.facebook.com/groups/522161394545906/

2 weeks later
#118 10 years ago

PinGraffix will have their PinBlades and Speaker Blades installed on several machines at the Pinball Hall Of Fame in LV !!

Ac/Dc Premium
Met Premium
ST Premium

Pinball Refinery is making a customer LED interactive backbox kit for the Pinball hall of fame Ac/Dc premium
The Led lighting for the Met Premium blades will come from PBR also

Congrats to both winning teams!!

#119 10 years ago

PM sent, thxs!

#121 10 years ago

Now you need to make red flames to match Luci and Helen.

#122 10 years ago

We have the set you see being installed on a Luci this week. I am not sure we need to change them. will keep you posted..

1 week later
#123 10 years ago

Finally i installed my decals.

i have include some self explaining pics. One person can handle this ..

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg 7.jpg7.jpg
#124 10 years ago

Great job! Thank you for posting these up for the folks here. I like your soft squeegee.

#125 10 years ago

Thank you

But i must say, that i have taken another way as you described here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-interior-pinbladesspeaker-panel-kit-hot/page/3#postbox

First , i have pulled out the playfield without rising it up.
Then i´ve put the pinblade between the sideboard and the playfield and removed about 1/3 of the protection foil.
Now i have alignded the pinblade, beginning from the rear screw.

If that was done, i have raised the playfield and pushed it back as far as possible ( so it would not smashed down )

now i removed the rest of the protection layer and completed this. ( Better use a felt squeegee !)

NOW i apllied the felt strips ( otherwise, the space between playfield and sideboard would be too narrow.. )

Here i asked may wife to give me a hand ..
But its also very easy.
Just lift up the end of the playfield as shown in the pictures.

Hochklappen 0.jpgHochklappen 0.jpg Hochklappen 1.jpgHochklappen 1.jpg
2 weeks later
#126 10 years ago

+10

Hey Master.. great job on this.! Thank you for taking the time and I am going to post these pics on our new site and include them in our Installation PDF ASAP.

http://www.pingraffix.com/

-JR

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
€ 7.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-interior-pinbladesspeaker-panel-kit-hot/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.