You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0335.jpg
IMAG0336.jpg
IMAG0334.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I had to do it, I just HAD to do it! A few hours after getting my new WWF moved down to the game room I had a few friends over. After playing a couple games on my SF II, my buddy commented that the playfield is a little dark with my new LEDs installed. He was right. I decided I was going to put regular bulbs in the back row behind the playfield to brighten things up a bit.

Open the door. Pop the lockbar. Pull the glass. Lift the playfield. Pull the playfield toward me. Drop the playfield off it's wooden runner. "SON OF A .... !!!"

Yup, the back right corner of the playfield slid down into the cabinet and make a sick crunching noise. I did my best to keep calm, had my buddy help me get it up into the right spot. I inspected the playfield for damage. I didn't find any ... hmm excellent! I replaced the bulbs then slid the playfield back to its correct spot. Then I fired her up to see how the new lighting looked. As my buddy and I stood back to admire the improved lighting, our noses caught a whiff of something funky. "Did you fart?" "No, did you?" "Nope. Wait ... is that the ... TURN IT OFF! TURN IT OFF!"

Lift the playfield to look for a burned up coil and couldn't find anything ... hmm. None of them are even warm. Everything looks good down here. Put playfield down, slide off translite, open the door, and there it was, a burned corner of the driver board, plus a couple connectors and a spot on the board below. WAY beyond my skill level.

Any help? How tough of a fix is this? Is it fixable? or should it be replaced? Anyone want to come make a couple bucks?

#2 11 years ago

Pics

IMAG0334.jpgIMAG0334.jpg IMAG0336.jpgIMAG0336.jpg IMAG0335.jpgIMAG0335.jpg

#3 11 years ago

You must have shorted something on the playfield. Take another look.

#4 11 years ago

That sucks bro, wish I had the skill set to help you out

#5 11 years ago

That's harsh. Hope you get it straightened out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fried-board-story-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.