Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ChadTower
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pb_ww.jpg
    pb_led.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

These are exactly the same color as the incandescent but they are LED. Perfect for backbox lights on early SS machines like my NGS shown here.

First pic has some LED's and some of the original bulbs. Can you tell the difference?

Purchased these from Pinballbulbs.com

pb_led.jpgpb_led.jpg pb_ww.jpgpb_ww.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I can tell the difference, but they look very good! Will have to check them out!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I can tell the difference, but they look very good! Will have to check them out!

Which ones do you think are incandescent?

#4 11 years ago

I don't know. I can tell the difference between the two, but not which ones are which.

My guess would be that the picture is showing 8 LED's, all in the center.

#5 11 years ago

You have good eyes and are very close. Only the two closest to the camera are the original bulbs. They are even more impressive in person. I tried every brand and the light was always too harsh. These look spot on.

#6 11 years ago

So, these are the frosted warm 44s?

#7 11 years ago

They are actually clear dome 44/47 the led is a small square

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Only the two closest to the camera are the original bulbs.

So the last two on the left above the other score board are LEDs? They have the same light pattern as the other two you said were incandescent.

#9 11 years ago

Yeah, we all know that pics of LEDs are generally a total waste of time...

...but these look super promising. The other day I ordered a few of each warm white they have so now I am looking forward to gettting these into a couple of games and checking them out.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

So the last two on the left above the other score board are LEDs? They have the same light pattern as the other two you said were incandescent.

That's correct. Order a few and you will see what i am talking about.

#11 11 years ago

How is the light spread? Pics make it look a bit spotty for a translite.

#12 11 years ago

They look great! I wonder if the frosted would look even better as a backbox GI bulb?

#13 11 years ago

Looks exactly like the original bulbs. Maybe better. I liked that it looks the same but.got the heat off.my backglass. They where only .70 each with the pinside discount so it really isn't a big risk to check.them out

#14 11 years ago

I just ordered a 200 bulbs..I'll post a review after I get them..but judging from the pics they do look good.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

They look great! I wonder if the frosted would look even better as a backbox GI bulb?

Tried the frosted and it wasn't bright enough for me. The frosted lens also made the too white in color

#16 11 years ago

I got another 100 for my Silverball Mania today and for the g.i. On this one

#17 11 years ago

I've actually purchased several orders from them recently. They seem to be really good quality for the price!

#18 11 years ago

If you pop the clear caps off the bulbs, they seem to spread light a little better in the back box.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

If you pop the clear caps off the bulbs, they seem to spread light a little better in the back box.

Yes, but be carefull. they are flush with the wood and about the same diameter as the hole so they are near impossible to remove at that point. Not that you may ever need to. You do need to have the cap on to install them. This doesn't seem to be true with modern machines because they are usually 555 bulbs and do not set so deep. The wood is also slightly thinner

#20 11 years ago

Heh, that's a Bally game. He'll probably have to replace them sooner or later because the sockets are wonky. The LED will last forever but those sockets are total crap.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/found-a-great-warm-white-led-pinballbulbscom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.