Folks with AC/DC Premium/LE

Started 1 year ago by Pinchroma in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

Folks with AC/DC Premium/LE

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by Pinchroma
  • 22 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from PACMAN02

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Is the lower playfield really that hazy as it looks in the video? I know it can't be swapped out as its built into the playfield but it looks like it has a layer of autoclear on it and it wasn't buffed out afterwards.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My BIBLE is indeed rather hazy.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Early production runs of the lower playfield window suffered from a chemical reaction that made the window hazy. The problem has been fixed.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Call Stern, I believe there was a recall.

goodgameslover said:

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My BIBLE is also hazy. #234 and I just got it. I have not seen a clear example yet, but I still LOVE the game.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I played the Pro today - fast fun game. I can see how I would like the drop targets - I think that would add a lot. I know people talk about drop targets slowing the game down but I think for me that would be a good thing!

JWS64

Pinball addict
    1,090,300 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I saw this video linked today on my facebook page, and in it the guy doing the review talks about the hazy playfield window.

Once more with feeling, it's not my video, it's someone else that's doing the review. Got a problem with the review, talk to him.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/puzb99UX94w?autoplay=1&rel=0

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

That was also a sample game with a confirmed issue.

It is a little concerning to hear that the BiBs at least aren't any clearer.

JWS64 said:

I saw this video linked today on my facebook page, and in it the guy doing the review talks about the hazy playfield window.

Once more with feeling, it's not my video, it's someone else that's doing the review. Got a problem with the review, talk to him.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/puzb99UX94w?autoplay=1&rel=0

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

The one I just played is pretty hazy. I don't understand the point of the canon, seems like a wasted feature.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    GoBlue said:

The one I just played is pretty hazy. I don't understand the point of the canon, seems like a wasted feature.

The cannon is how you get your supers.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jalpert said:

goodgameslover said:

I doubt they will send a new playfield just for that.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

At least initially, there was an actual recall.

goodgameslover said:

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    goodgameslover said:

jalpert said:

goodgameslover said:

The game retails for 8500 US. If they can't ship you a spare PF that costs them maybe 200, they should close up shop. They sent me replacement parts on my TSPP a few times.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I brought up the clear issue what.... a month ago got told by a few i had no idea what i was talking about with the reaction........IRONY.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    treborlicec said:

The game retails for 8500 US. If they can't ship you a spare PF that costs them maybe 200, they should close up shop. They sent me replacement parts on my TSPP a few times.

It's worth a try. I"ll contact my distributor first, maybe he has more luck then me.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    treborlicec said:

GoBlue said:

The cannon is how you get your supers.

Okay, but it just has the one shot to the lightning bolt drop target?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

The bell collects the super

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Kind of ironic. A product referred to as "clear" makes
    Things a but hazy.

I can deal with a little hazy if that's how it is, as long as its consistent.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My premium is clear. Very happy with it. Has a nice layer of clear coat over it too.

Do you have any pics?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

alimerick

Senior pinhead
    254,500 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

alimerick

Senior pinhead
    254,500 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I saw a game similar to your with the streaks, I think I would speak up if I got a game that looked like that.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

When i first saw the machine at PAPA it has the same thing. PAPA had two I believe one was Trents. It looks like there is a protective film that needs to be removed. Thats the best way to describe it.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I have the same lines. I had my distributor look at it and he did not feel that there was anything Stern would do. Please let me know if you learn any different. Also, my cannon is rubbing on my right ramp when it turns. Is anyone else seeing this? You will have to look real close when the cannon is turning. Thanks.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Yah, there is a local guy with this issue. He was able to muck with the cannon and adjust it so it wasn't rubbing. I don't know exactly what he did, but he told me he fixed it and to keep an eye on it while I was playing.

BackFlipper said:

Also, my cannon is rubbing on my right ramp when it turns. Is anyone else seeing this?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

the few machines I have seen all have a few streaks somewhere on the the clear playfield, however, they don't look quite as bad as alimerick's machine.

p

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Contact Patrick.Powers@sternpinball.com directly. Screw your distro if they wont help.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    jalpert said:

goodgameslover said:My BIBLE is indeed rather hazy.

So what, you are supposed to ship it back to them? Even if they send a new PF - the work involved in replacing it is absurd.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Stern has sent populated playfieds out before for swapping.

I just called Stern and talked to Tech support. I forgot the name of the guy I spoke to but he said that the play fields he saw are much better than the ones that were rejected. He said that it may not be crystal clear due to double clear coat. Also, about streaking he said in the perfect light you might see some, but he didn't notice it on the play fields he saw.

The gist of what I'm getting is, it is what it is.

BMore-Pinball said:

So what, you are supposed to ship it back to them? Even if they send a new PF - the work involved in replacing it is absurd.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Those streaks look like sanding scratches from when they sand the whole PF before screening. I hope it is not a common occurrence and that they take care of it for you.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

When are they shipping already???

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    eabundy said:

When are they shipping already???

+1000 on that question!!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Premiums are running next week. Eric yours should be going out next week.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

My machine is a little hazy, but the overall looks great. Almost no issues out of the box. In the long run the heavy clearcoat that is on the playfield (and lower playfield "lens") will probably be a good thing.
    Scott

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

CoinTaker told me today , Stern was having Trouble w/ the Opto at the Bell this week . He said the prob- was Fixed and ship-n will continue Next week.. Gotta say, For my 1st NIB , I Hope it's Gonna be a smooth Ride ( Issue Wise ) The Cannon touch-n the Ramp is No Biggie, Use a Bigger washer and raise the Ramp a Bit,, ( Saw that Here on another Thread ) My Prem- Should be in the GRG next week..

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

BR,

Mine should come next week as well. Ordered from Chris @ CT

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I played a premium that has been sited for a few weeks now and it was a little hazy on the see through window.

A warning to anyone siting a ac/dc pin make sure the lockdown bar clicks when putting it on (needs a lot of force to engage) and engaged as a few sited le's and premiums have had reports of lock down bars dis-engaged by players on site - luckily non stolen yet. If they put there fingers under the front and lift it pops off.

Also for info sake the first 10 pro's that came to Aus in Feb as a promotion had inserts and globes under Angus's eyes and mouth and the next batch don't so there has been a few slight changes.

1 year, 8 months ago
    #
    BackFlipper said:

I have the same lines. I had my distributor look at it and he did not feel that there was anything Stern would do. Please let me know if you learn any different. Also, my cannon is rubbing on my right ramp when it turns. Is anyone else seeing this? You will have to look real close when the cannon is turning. Thanks.

Mine seems to be the wiring rubbing on rubber for bumper. Pulled wire through but still issues
    Might be motor

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple