flipper rubber change

Started 2 years ago by mickthepin in forum PinsideWebsite.

Forum » Pinside » Website » Topic

flipper rubber change

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by mickthepin
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from gweempose

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 8 months ago
    #

when i put new rubbers on my flippers or turn them around to get more out of them i get worry that perhaps i should have somthing under the flipper when i push down to get the rubber on. can u bend the flipper down when you put new rubbers on and f*ck them up or what.

2 years, 8 months ago
    #

.. I don't know what you mean.

2 years, 8 months ago
    #

im not sure exactly what you mean either, but i do know that if you use the rubbers inside out, you get a lot of jump shots because the inside of the rubber is a bit concave.
    i clean the rubbers often with a bit of alcohol, rotate them a centimeter or so. they tend to get worn at the tip.

2 years, 8 months ago
    #

Believe he's asking if the downward pressure on the flipper shaft will some effect on the mechanics below the playfield. I believe the answer is no as the shaft is bolted in place.. if it does, the bolt holding it in place was too probably too loose anyway.

2 years, 8 months ago
    #

yep you got it mystic thanks. and thunderpants just figured out why im getting so many jump shots thanks guys

2 years, 8 months ago
    #
    Thunderpants said:

I clean the rubbers often with a bit of alcohol, rotate them a centimeter or so. they tend to get worn at the tip.

I recall reading somewhere (probably on RGP) that there is some product that is specifically designed to clean rubber. Does anyone know what this is?

donjagra

Pinball master
    3,002,000 4
    2 years, 8 months ago
    #

Cp100 is great for cleaning the rubber.

2 years, 8 months ago
    #
    donjagra said:

Cp100 is great for cleaning the rubber.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's the stuff I was thinking of. Does it in any way affect how the rubber plays?

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple