image-465.jpg
image.jpg
photo.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00320.JPG
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 11 years ago

Maybe $30? I'd have to see the model. Also if it had tiny thin mosquito legs they'd be too fragile.

1 week later
#102 11 years ago

I've installed the "monster fish". Not bad for $15 shipped on eBay. Anyone have any kid's that want the other scooby-doo figures. I had to buy a small lot. Pay shipping and I'll send them out free. Anyway, here are some pictures...

100_1594.JPG100_1594.JPG 100_1596.JPG100_1596.JPG

#103 11 years ago

Got any video of that with the flasher going? I think I'd drop it down so its face isn't right in the text.

#104 11 years ago

You should make the flasher green to go with the monster.

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Maybe $30? I'd have to see the model. Also if it had tiny thin mosquito legs they'd be too fragile.

Mosquito mod sounds pretty cool, I would be interested in it if you made them. Should try to make a better Monster fish too and make a set out of em

#106 11 years ago

I'm having trouble finding a decent 3D modeler. One guy said he's do it for $150, but it would have to be an abstract design. He said it would look cool, but seriously an abstract mosquito. I don't think so.

I still think the whole idea of using a 3D printer for pinball modification is going to happen, I just don't have the ability to do the modeling. If you know anyone who has this ability please let me know. I think there are a bunch of mods waiting to be made.

I really think the "Beast of Bottomless Lake" works well for the "monster fish"...

mf.pngmf.png

#107 11 years ago

Only zcorp makes a 3d
printer that prints in color and their parts are kinda brittle. I have an ABS plastic printer at work, its solid plaatic but the model is only 1 color.

#108 11 years ago

Here is my Monster Fish.

// Error: Image 55276 not found // 006.JPG006.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG

#109 11 years ago

more

004.JPG004.JPG

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Only zcorp makes a 3d
printer that prints in color and their parts are kinda brittle. I have an ABS plastic printer at work, its solid plaatic but the model is only 1 color.

Hey guys,
3D printing is only really intended for prototyping. What you do is print the model, take an RTV Mold of the part and then cast it in a soft or rubberized resin and hand paint the part.

It's a bit of work, but once you have the mold it is relatively inexpensive to make a lot of parts.
You also have the benefit of not having to worry about direct ball strikes.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

cast it in a soft or rubberized resin and hand paint the part.

This

3 weeks later
#112 11 years ago

I'm working on some sideboard decals...

#113 11 years ago

I'm working on some sideboard decals, still looking for some more ideas... Sideboard_Left.jpgSideboard_Left.jpg

#114 11 years ago

^you should try that decal stuff that people put on the back of Aquariums that have the underwater scenes on them.

#115 11 years ago

Where did you find that Monster Fish figurine?

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^you should try that decal stuff that people put on the back of Aquariums that have the underwater scenes on them.

I don't know, I kind of like the idea of the playfield being the water and the sideboard decal being the surrounding land.

* For the other side I'm thinking about a waterskier or jet ski being torpedoed.

PS: Anyone recognize the bigfoot?

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

eBay - Beast from Bottomless Lake (Scooby Doo)

#118 11 years ago

I don't see how WH2O and fish tales are related. I guess they both have water in the theme...

#119 11 years ago

I love those side decals! If you go through with it make 2. I'll pay.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from TJ141:

E-bay U.K

#121 11 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

I don't see how WH2O and Fish Tales are related. I guess they both have water in the theme...

I think they are a good pair, but I mostly wanted to just toss in a fun Easter egg. I also just like the whole North-woods, Bigfoot thing. Obviously, it's just the face of the Whitewater Yeti edited into the body of a Bigfoot.

#122 11 years ago

I added some details to the left side. Let me know what you think...

Sideboard_Right.jpgSideboard_Right.jpg Sideboard_Left_3.jpgSideboard_Left_3.jpg

PS: There is a crazy subtle Easter egg in that one too.

#123 11 years ago

I modded my FT with a fully populated TAF playfield. Plays a 1000x's better now. Best mod I ever did.

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I modded my FT with a fully populated TAF playfield. Plays a 1000x's better now. Best mod I ever did.

You? You hate Fish Tale? You should have said something before...Oooohhhh, yyyyeeeeaaahhhh! We know.

#125 11 years ago

Sloppy photoshop test.

Test.jpgTest.jpg

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

You? You hate Fish Tale? You should have said something before...Oooohhhh, yyyyeeeeaaahhhh! We know.

I know, it's hard to pry info out of me. I really like to keep to myself most of the time.

Personally, I think the sidewalls will look good. Doing something similar on Atlantis. Love the look.

#127 11 years ago

I love those side decals. The orange looks great and my FT sits next to wh2o so the Bigfoot is awesome! Please p.m. me if you sell these

#128 11 years ago

We'll I might just keep it really, really simple with just one thing on each side.

Sideboard_Right_New.jpgSideboard_Right_New.jpg Sideboard_Left_New_.jpgSideboard_Left_New_.jpg

#129 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We'll I might just keep it really, really simple with just one thing on each side.

I'll take a set of those?

#130 11 years ago

#131 11 years ago

Howmuch?

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd like to see a boat dock or buoy. How about an outhouse in honor of NEO.

#133 11 years ago

I thInk the skeeters need to be on the right side.

#134 11 years ago

Seriously ,I like the colors,tree& mosquitoes .I like the idea of the mountains but think animated might work better IMO.
When they are done I'd buy.

#135 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Seriously ,I like the colors,tree& mosquitoes .I like the idea of the mountains but think animated might work better IMO.
When they are done I'd buy.

They are animated.

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I thInk the skeeters need to be on the right side.

They are.

#138 11 years ago

I can try to tone down the detail a little bit more. Maybe they are a little too photo-realistic.

#139 11 years ago

They are god awful ugly, and look like terrible air brushing or something. Reminds me of those toppers that one guy makes here..no offence haha

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I can try to tone down the detail a little bit more. Maybe they are a little too photo-realistic.

Also liked the lightning. Maybe a torpedo or exploding jet -ski

#141 11 years ago

What no love for the Captain Neo "s#*t tales reference. not even a single thumbs up

imagesCAWRF69P.jpgimagesCAWRF69P.jpg

#142 11 years ago

I guess the "air brush" look was done on purpose. All of the art on Fish Tales uses half-tones. An air brush look is similar, so in a way I guess that was the look I was going for. I wanted the artwork style to match the machine, which is why the trees and mosquitos were taken from scanned playfield plastics.

I tried to tone down the mountains, but basically colorizing them the color of the mosquitoes tails. I like simple, so I'm just trying to cut down on overall color variation.

Sideboard_Background_New_4.jpgSideboard_Background_New_4.jpg

#143 11 years ago

I might be interested in buying the decals too.

#144 11 years ago

Just giving you my honest opinion

The blue orange sky colors don't compliment each other very well either...

Just looks really amateur IMO...

Fishtales rules though, keep tweaking it...always room for improvement..

#145 11 years ago

Just giving you my honest opinion
The blue orange sky colors don't compliment each other very well either...
Just looks really amateur IMO...
Fishtales rules though, keep tweaking it...always room for improvement..

Have you looked at your Fish Tales? What color sky would you suggest?

FT.jpgFT.jpg

#146 11 years ago

Man I want a set. Maybe there should be some water skiers that is a great video mode.

#147 11 years ago

I can make the clouds more realistic, but I think I'll stick to the colors already on the machine...

Sideboard_Right_5.jpgSideboard_Right_5.jpg Sideboard_Left_5.jpgSideboard_Left_5.jpg

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

Man I want a set. Maybe there should be some water skiers that is a great video mode.

If anyone can find a good waterskier that I can work with that would be great. I wast trying to find one of those retro posters with something cool, but I didn't find anything.

#149 11 years ago

no luck?

commando+v+water+skiing+squirrel_+comm.gifcommando+v+water+skiing+squirrel_+comm.gif

#150 11 years ago

Who doesn't like a wet Beaver

imagesCA2V2L9R.jpgimagesCA2V2L9R.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
12,500 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 169.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fish-tales-mods/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.