First look: Tron ramp protectors!

Started 2 years ago by Cliffy in forum All PinballAll Pinball.



First look: Tron ramp protectors!


Topic summary

  • Started 2 years ago by Cliffy
  • 85 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Shapeshifter

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs





Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!



    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Legacy said:

    I will be in for a set

    taz said:

    Cliffy, please count me in for a set too.

    You guys need to email him to be put on the list like he posted! Why is know one paying attention to that?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    TomGWI said:

    mulder2010 said:Cliff - are you making a protector for the arcade scoop?
    He had one in test but had a lot of ball hangups. Only option right now is the mantis protector inside the scoop which so far has been good for me.

    do you have a picture of this?


    TomGWI

    Pinball guru
    6,557,050 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    mulder2010 said:

    TomGWI said:mulder2010 said:Cliff - are you making a protector for the arcade scoop?
    He had one in test but had a lot of ball hangups. Only option right now is the mantis protector inside the scoop which so far has been good for me.
    do you have a picture of this?

    Someone probably does


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Count me in for a set


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I tried to email him and i got a 'cannot be delivered' message back. I also want a set but cant email him?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    If you get a bounce on my crinear@comcast.net email try my crinear@gmail.com address. I don't use it nearly as much but it does seem to work when the other won't.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I Just got done installing mine today, they work and fit great. Now I can play some pinball.
    Thanks again Cliffy.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    thepinballworks said:

    I Just got done installing mine today, they work and fit great. Now I can play some pinball.
    Thanks again Cliffy.

    Excellent! Glad you like 'em and you're absolutely welcome. Thank YOU for your confidence in my efforts


    TomGWI

    Pinball guru
    6,557,050 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Got my Protectors today and installed them. Thank You! Thank You! Cliffy.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Mine arrived in the mail today. Installed and ready to battle CLU now. Thanks for getting these done Cliff!

    Jason S.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Still waiting on the email. Glad they're going out and working great!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    ARTMAN said:

    Still waiting on the email. Glad they're going out and working great!

    +1

    I wonder how long the wait list is?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Drano said:

    I wonder how long the wait list is?

    I'd like to know, too. For those of you that received yours, did Cliffy invoice you when your name made it to the top of the wait list, or did you pay in advance?


    TomGWI

    Pinball guru
    6,557,050 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    chriskd said:

    Drano said:I wonder how long the wait list is?
    I'd like to know, too. For those of you that received yours, did Cliffy invoice you when your name made it to the top of the wait list, or did you pay in advance?

    He contacted me with the amount. I was on the waiting list.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    He sent an e-mail saying that I was up, and I paid him.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Thanks guys! I guess I'm farther down on the waiting list than I thought.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Me 2


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Got mine in the mail today and installed tonight. I took a scotch bright pad to them to match the grain to the other protector and ball guides. Lookin good. I also dipped my toe into the world of Cliffy bumper sleeves.

    Thanks Cliffy!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Kevin_LHeureux said:

    I also dipped my toe into the world of Cliffy bumper sleeves.
    Thanks Cliffy!

    This is a must for every game.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    You know what you guys are?

    My friends. Thanks, I'm humbled


    pinballlooking

    Pinball addict
    1,428,750 2
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I just got mine installed sweet…


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I've never bought a protector from him yet (about to change very shortly..) but I did get some of his colored post sleeves and man they ROCK. Vibrant excellent color, the ones I ordered matched the color lanes in Pinbot DEAD ON, they were awesome in there. Man I miss that game.

    I'm going to order some for my STTNG for sure, maybe Space Shuttle.

    Just thought I'd chime in on that, yes they are THAT awesome. I <3 Cliffy post sleeves.

    Oh yeah, and they don't make your hands smell like rubber and don't leave crap all over your playfield too.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Can anyone recommend how many (post protectors) to replace on a Tron Pro and what colors you think would look best?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    soons said:

    Can anyone recommend how many (post protectors) to replace on a Tron Pro and what colors you think would look best?

    I went with Yellow and Orange. Not too many places for them. They are slightly fatter then stock.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Drano said:

    I wonder how long the wait list is?

    I suppose I need to go ahead and get on the list for this as well...anyone know how long the list is at the moment? The product looks really fantastic.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Cliffy, I think that I need a set of Tron ramp protectors.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Ouch!!!
    Got my email today! Super stoked.
    Thanks Cliff!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    You're on the list Palomar. Thanks for emailing me direct. Your damage is 100% typical. Evevry broken one I've seen is just like that and the same on the left side of the right ramp

    My second batch is done at laser and I'll be a bending fool to catch up with you guys. Hang in there. I'm shipping these every day.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    PalomarAmusement said:

    Cliffy, I think that I need a set of Tron ramp protectors.

    Attachments tron_ramp_broken.jpg (262 KB, 0 downloads) 21 hours old

    I believe its a bit too late for protection. Since it broke does Stern stand behind this sort of thing and mail you out a new ramp? As this was not your fault. Thankfully Cliffy is around to provide us with protection. Post sleeve question, on my HS it calls for 7/8 of an inch and notice the cliffy sleeves are 1 inch, do you/ or does he make 7/8 sleeves? Thanks


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Drano said:

    ARTMAN said:Still waiting on the email. Glad they're going out and working great!
    +1
    I wonder how long the wait list is?

    I emailed on April 23rd for mine to get on the list and Cliff emailed me today I was up for mine. So, under 3 weeks is pretty darn good I think...thanks for cranking them out Cliff, lots of Trons to protect!

    Kevin


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    cleland said:

    I emailed on April 23rd for mine to get on the list and Cliff emailed me today I was up for mine

    Hmmm, I emailed Cliffy on March 21 to get on the wait list and haven't received an email, yet. Guess I'll re-email him.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Our protectors arrived this week, installed them yesterday. easy install.
    They look great!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    chriskd said:

    Hmmm, I emailed Cliffy on March 21 to get on the wait list and haven't received an email, yet. Guess I'll re-email him.

    I emailed you on the 29th Chris and again tonight - twice!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Jeff_PHX_AZ said:

    I believe its a bit too late for protection. Since it broke does Stern stand behind this sort of thing and mail you out a new ramp? As this was not your fault. Thankfully Cliffy is around to provide us with protection. Post sleeve question, on my HS it calls for 7/8 of an inch and notice the cliffy sleeves are 1 inch, do you/ or does he make 7/8 sleeves? Thanks

    #1- maybe too late to prevent (protect) but the protector will still fill the gap allowing for perfect game play.

    #2- no, I don't do 7/8" but they are easy to trim with a single edged razor. What I do is slip the sleeve into a shooter sleeve as a way to keep the end squared up. Just let 1/8" stick out the end and slice with your razor.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Cliffy

    that looks sweet

    thanks for making these


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    great job on the design. shame on stern, props to cliff! mine worked out great with the new ramp. thanks again cliff.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Got my protectors today! Thanks Cliff!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    Cliffy said:

    I emailed you on the 29th Chris and again tonight - twice!

    Looping back on this one: was able to connect with Cliffy through an alternate email and he promptly sent out the ramp protectors. Installed them and they look great! Cliffy is a class-act (no surprise)! Thank you, Cliffy!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    protectors are now arrived in Belgium (to Eric), waiting to be distributed soon

    cool, lets hope we didnt break the ramps before...

    tanx (in advance) Cliffy


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    shock_me said:

    Got my protectors today! Thanks Cliff!

    Hey Shock_Me

    Do you know what # on the list you were? I was 24th, and mine were shipped on the 5th. Still have not received them. My guess is the got hung up at the border.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    My Tron is now fully Cliffy'd out! Thanks Cliffy for protecting us once again from the destructive tyranny of the mighty silver orb!
    A toast!

    Hip-hip-Hooray!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Still waiting


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Installed 3 Cliffy protectors yesterday and they look great. Is anybody concerned about protecting the flynn hole?


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Nope!

    Just PM him to see if he has any left JPP. (Or, can possibly make more?)
    I know it's not a perfect system but it sure beats an exposed wooden lip!
    Steel > Wood...


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Got my ramp protector kit, perfect fit and finish. Easy install.
    Excellent upgrade. Also put in a Kerry scoop protector.
    Flawless play. Top notch product. A must have.


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I would like to be added to the "list" as I am interested in a set as well...


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Just got mine on along with my Flynn sign....oh, the mods.....!!! lol They fit great Cliffy, thanks!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    Ok, having a "duh" moment here.. got my cliffys today (yes!) but seems my pro left ramp doesnt have a hole for the left ramp protector to use the zip tie (oops). Does anyone else have a pro without the hole and how did you attach it? I was thinking double sided tape rather than drilling a hole? Thanks..


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

    I picked up a set of protectors at Pin a go-go. Any advice for installing on the left ramp, left side on a tron pro without a zip tie hole?

    Thanks!


    1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    JoeJet said:

    Ok, having a "duh" moment here.. got my cliffys today (yes!) but seems my pro left ramp doesnt have a hole for the left ramp protector to use the zip tie (oops). Does anyone else have a pro without the hole and how did you attach it? I was thinking double sided tape rather than drilling a hole? Thanks..

    Drilled a hole. Carefully. Ok, TheKorn drilled the ramp because my close vision is awful. Looks great. No big deal.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.





© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple