Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi guys, got me a Fireball Classic Bally from 1985.

Starts the game up, 8 blinks on MPU board, pops the ball up, popbumpers works, slingshot works, all lights works, targets work. both ball locks works.

But when i press left flipper button, it pops right ball lock coil and not the left flipper. Pressing right flipperbutton does nothing at all.

In test mode (coil cycle) left flipper pops, right flipper does nothing.
On left flipper i have cleaned EOS, direct contact, bud it does not pop.
I have given both flippers ground on yellow wire and they both pop when i doo this manually.

When i lock both balls,(game pops up new ball) and hit any release points, balls does not get released, first time i hit release ball 30000 points captive ball, left flipper pops up, and stayes up until i turn off power!!!
( i can manually push flipper down again, and hit same target again, and again, and left flipper does not get up, only at first hit)

I mean what da hell? ghost in my pin??

I took my power board, and put it in my friends paragon, and it worked perfect, all flippers worked with my board, problem is not there, MPU board has got 5/12/41Volts allright.

Cant really figure this one out, can it bee positions of the jumpers maby?? does anyone have a picture of there jumperes, sat on 3ball game, on freeplay and max sounds activated, i would be very happy recieving a picture

Thank you guys

#2 10 years ago

A couple of things:

1. In the switch test, are ALL the switches registering properly?

2. On the MPU board is there ANY corrosion on the lower right side? Look on both front and back of the board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monterey, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-classic-flippers-dont-work-ghost-in-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.