Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21559 (resized).jpeg
IMAG0326.jpg
IMAG0325.jpg
IMAG0335.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Finally finished! I have been wanting to light the snake on the ramp for about a year now. But moving into my 1st house and life got in the way. (I also made the mistake of moving with a partially torn down GnR. DO NOT MOVE WITH PARTIALLY TORN DOWN PINS! ) I purchased a green cold cathode kit for 4 bucks on amazon (I also have one for the pinbits backboard, but have not attempted that yet.), and worked on finishing the shop job & redoing the Axl hole repair. I am VERY happy with how it turned out. Not as bright as I was expecting, and almost the whole snake is lit (which is what I was going for)

IMAG0335.jpgIMAG0335.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Looks pretty good, could you get some more up close pics and possibly a link to parts you used.

Thanks, Matt

#3 11 years ago

Sure! It will be later in the evening when I get home from work.

#4 11 years ago

That's pretty slick - good job!

#5 11 years ago

That looks great and if I still had my GNR I probably would do the same.

#6 11 years ago

The tube I used I purchased from Amazon. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Green-Cathode-Fluorescent-Green/dp/B00288WJH4/ref=sr_1_3

The first pic shows the support mount I rigged up from some metal I had laying about. I had to put a washer between the metal support and the ramp to guarantee ball clearance.

Second pic shows the tube and the supports mounted to the ramp.

I had to extend the wires from the tube to the inverter box about 6" to get it to where I wanted to mount/zip tie it to the existing harness. I then extended the cabling going from the inverter to the spot I tapped (near the coin door on an unused plug.) through the harness so it appeared nice and neat, with no loose cables.

I tapped the black wire on the plug for the ground, and grey/red for the 12v needed to run the light. I do not have any pics of this, but can take some if needed/asked.

IMAG0325.jpgIMAG0325.jpg IMAG0326.jpgIMAG0326.jpg

5 years later
#7 6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to make this post. I did mine yesterday based off this thread and it looks killer!! I used plumbers tape/strap for the mount on mine, similar to what the OP used. At first I thought it was too bright so I removed the led bulb that is behind the drop targets and it did the trick, not too bright now.

21559 (resized).jpeg21559 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finished-my-gnr-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.