Finally Got My Flintstones!!

Started 1 year ago by Phetishboy in forum All PinballAll Pinball.

Finally Got My Flintstones!!

Topic summary

• Started 1 year ago by Phetishboy
  • 38 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Phetishboy

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Turboderf said:

i think the coin door needs to be closed for the flasher to work in test and they flash dim

Really? How would you be able to access or advance the tests with the door closed?

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

just open the door and then push in the interlock button (inside on top left of jab >> this disables the high voltage coils and flashers so some dummy does not shock homself accidentally).

If you push in the interlock button while you advance through tests you will be fine. Just remember that the under side of the pf is electrified w high voltage still.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Phetishboy said:

Really? How would you be able to access or advance the tests with the door closed?

Use the flipper buttons to advance the tests and the start button to select

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Yeah, I guess I forgot about the other buttons advancing things. Sounds good, I'll try it tonight.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

OK, I tried the tests with the door shut, and the flashers work, but only at like half strength. Also, the flippers, start, launch and buy in buttons do nothing once the test is going. So they work, but they should be brighter in test, shouldn't they?

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Phetishboy said:

OK, I tried the tests with the door shut, and the flashers work, but only at like half strength. Also, the flippers, start, launch and buy in buttons do nothing once the test is going. So they work, but they should be brighter in test, shouldn't they?

no my flashers are dim also i didnt try the others

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    jrivelli said:

Use purples under the slings as well. Purple under plastics makes it pop and retain natural colors the best surprisingly

Finally got my recent order and was able to try this out. Yep, you were right.

Before (one 1LED Frosted White/1 555 incandescent):

After (2 purple Superbright 3LEDs):

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

nice i love LEDS ..... i just started working on my topper will post pics when im done

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Turboderf said:

nice i love LEDS ..... i just started working on my topper will post pics when im done

Topper you say? Sounds cool. I actually thought about buying both sets of Bedrock buildings and mounting those in conjunction with some lights, Flintstones figures and a back drop and using that as a topper.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Bingo i just got the big building in the mail from marco hot wheels also has a flintstone car im looking for it they are on ebay i did mod my buildings in the with leds after seeing yours

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Turboderf said:

i did mod my buildings in the with leds after seeing yours

I'll actually be starting to wire those permanently tonight. Cannot wait to get that done, add some spotlights (the 'machine' area in the back is so dark) and some EL wiring to the ramps (gotta get that neon look going with the 50's feel of Bedrock). I bought pink and blue post covers to replace the black ones, and purple star posts to replace the dull-looking orange ones.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Phetishboy said:

I'll actually be starting to wire those permanently tonight. Cannot wait to get that done, add some spotlights (the 'machine' area in the back is so dark) and some EL wiring to the ramps (gotta get that neon look going with the 50's feel of Bedrock). I bought pink and blue post covers to replace the black ones, and purple star posts to replace the dull-looking orange ones.

In the machine area i put a small strip of yellow leds about 5 and glued them to the under glass strip in the back it lights nice i wired to J116 12 volt all time can you take a pic of the top of your machine area I'm missing something I just have the studs & rubbers around the studs with no plastic cover ? is anything missing on yours thanks

hey what do you think about putting orange flipper bats with pupple rubbers

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

It's looking great so far! Here are a few things we did to spruce ours up a little.....

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

what did you use to paint it up with

mkgort said:

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

great now i gotta play one of these..

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Turboderf said:

what did you use to paint it up with

Most of it was airbrushed with water based acrylic, then detailed by hand. The BEDROCK decals are printed on inkjet vinyl paper and clear coated.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    oropuro said:

great now i gotta play one of these..

Flintstones is a very fun pin, long ball times and it's not a drain monster. (important for us not so good players)

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

I finally added a spotlight for the Joe's Diner sign. The cool thing is that it also illuminates the bowling alley. I attached it on a 1.5" post screwed in to the middle of the Fred's Choice A plastic area. I ran the wires next to the ramp gate/trigger wires and followed them out the bottom of the play field through the hole they exit. I tied the wires into the GI bulb terminals under the long purple and yellow plastic on the left of the playfield. Turned out perfect:

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

And just look at the difference one spotlight makes:

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Can you take a pic of the top of your machine area? I'm missing something. I just have the studs with rubbers around them, but no plastic cover? Is anything missing on yours? Thanks.

I tried to add punctuation to your questions, so that I might better figure out what you were asking, but I am still not sure. The plastic star posts I am talking about are under the sling plastics on the lower part of the play field. I replaced the dull orange ones with purple ones:

I also added rubber pink rubber post covers to the metal posts at the entrances to the ramps. One of mine was missing, and the other was basic and boring black:

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Does anyone know what #string the Fred's Choice bulbs are on? None of mine are working (neither A, the A flasher, B or C, and they were 2 weeks ago. I know I blew a solenoid fuse when I accidentally touched a wire to the lock down receiver while lifting the playfield, but I changed the fuse in question and the solenoids were back. I have looked over all fuses and don't see any blown ones.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

I finally got my Flintstones too!!!! Nice pin, fun to play and foruntately a bit more easier gameplay than my LOTR and spiderman which is nice for a change!

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    sneljo82 said:

I finally got my Flintstones too!!!! Nice pin, fun to play and foruntately a bit more easier gameplay than my LOTR and spiderman which is nice for a change!

Cool, yeah it's a great game. Funny, my Flintstones was a reimport from Europe. Musta been a hit over there.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Nah not really a hit over here... Most people prefer other games. I think it's underrated, has a lot of nice gameplay in it and there aren't any pins with the ramps ging behind the flippers like this.

Mine is now cleaned, got new rubbers in it and new flipper units. I am planning to do the lighting of the houses as well and allso lit up the whole apron. Have ordered some figures from the movie (about 1,5 - 2 inches high) and will place these on the playfield. Leds are in order...

To your question, i don't think those lights belong to one string. However you can find the lampmatrix in the manual. If you don't have a manual, check on ipdb.org (or i can sell you a manual, i have 2 manuals for FS)

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    sneljo82 said:

Nah not really a hit over here... Most people prefer other games. I think it's underrated, has a lot of nice gameplay in it and there aren't any pins with the ramps ging behind the flippers like this.
    Mine is now cleaned, got new rubbers in it and new flipper units. I am planning to do the lighting of the houses as well and allso lit up the whole apron. Have ordered some figures from the movie (about 1,5 - 2 inches high) and will place these on the playfield. Leds are in order...
    To your question, i don't think those lights belong to one string. However you can find the lampmatrix in the manual. If you don't have a manual, check on ipdb.org (or i can sell you a manual, i have 2 manuals for FS)

I've got a manual, but it's at home, and I'm at work. Just hoping for an easy answer before I start messing around.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

oh and flashers aren't in the lampmatrix. As i read your question again, i believe it are all flashers that don't work. Flashers have a seperate fuse. I believe nr. F103 or 104. Flashers allso only work when the coindoor is closed. (due to the switch on the coindoor which cuts of high voltage when door is open)

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    sneljo82 said:

oh and flashers aren't in the lampmatrix. As i read your question again, i believe it are all flashers that don't work. Flashers have a seperate fuse. I believe nr. F103 or 104. Flashers allso only work when the coindoor is closed. (due to the switch on the coindoor which cuts of high voltage when door is open)

Yeah, I know, but it's only THAT flasher that's not working, so I assume the bulb is bad.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Than it should be the bulb.... But under Fred's choice A is a flasher, behind B and C are allso flashers.... don't know where the normal bulbs should be.....

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

I like the new translite. How would you guys rank this game? I was entertaining the idea of picking one up from an op but I have never played it let alone really seen one in person. Is it something that will keep my interest or is it a short lived interest game that I would play a while and swap out?

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

hmm hard to say, eventually every game will loose interest. For me the pins that i don't have are the ones i want to play I have a spiderman and LOTR, but when i am at a friends house I love to play his Tommy, gameshow and Demolition Man because i don't have m..... However, I really like FS, i had one a few years ago and sold it because it wasn't a pretty one, now i have a really nice one (might even be a HUO) and am not thinking on selling it fast....

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

It's my second fav currently, though Congo isn't too far ahead of it. To put it in perspective, I own 4 pins. Though I turn them all on, I only ever play Congo and Flintstones anymore, While JP and TFTC just sit there looking pretty. Maybe I've become a Williams Snob after all. Speaking of which, I'd trade my TFTC and cash for a Creetch in a heartbeat. Any takers? Sorry to derail my own thread.

Oh, that's OK.

Thanks for the understanding.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Phetishboy said:

Maybe I've become a Williams Snob after all. Speaking of which, I'd trade my TFTC and cash for a Creetch in a heartbeat.

Sounds like you're more of a Trudeau fan to me. Welcome to the club!

Get yourself a JD while you're at it.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

The Hot Wheels car is cool. I found a "woodie" wagon from Mattel before xmas. I will take some pics of it once I get everything in place. Very cool pin and multiple ways to trick it out ala: cartoon style. I too have custom drop target decals.~SoOoKy

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Seeing the pics of the illuminated building mod again reminded me I have been wanting to do that for some time now on mine. Got that finished yesterday, and was so pleased with how it looked that I also added a couple lamps under the apron tonight for the same effect. There is one in the middle apron area from the factory along with a flasher, but adding one near the top of each score card completes the look.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    PNBLWZD said:

I also added a couple lamps under the apron tonight for the same effect. There is one in the middle apron area from the factory along with a flasher, but adding one near the top of each score card completes the look.

i was thinking of adding some under the apron as well it does need some more light there

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

I played mkgort's Flintstones when I bought my CSI from him. It's a really fun pin, flows great!

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Phetishboy said:

It's my second fav currently, though Congo isn't too far ahead of it. To put it in perspective, I own 4 pins. Though I turn them all on, I only ever play Congo and Flintstones anymore, While JP and TFTC just sit there looking pretty. Maybe I've become a Williams Snob after all. Speaking of which, I'd trade my TFTC and cash for a Creetch in a heartbeat. Any takers? Sorry to derail my own thread.
    Oh, that's OK.
    Thanks for the understanding.

I finally watched some video play of Congo. Wow. I know I would dig it big-time. Tell me more about it.

Gregatron is shopping out my JP and I think I'm picking it up on Saturday. I'm super pumped.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    ThatGuy said:

I finally watched some video play of Congo. Wow. I know I would dig it big-time. Tell me more about it.

Congo is the best pin I've ever played. I love the jungle look, the smooth feel and the primal sounds. I sold my TOTAN to make room for my Congo and I've never looked back. Flintstones is almost as fun as Congo for different reasons. Congo is my serious pin, Flintstones is my silly pin.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Started the EL wire ramp mods. I did the outside of the right ramp first. It looks great, but I tried using hot-glue first (wouldn't stick), super glue (wouldn't cure fast enough) and finally crazy glue gel. That seemed to have the best holding power, but it did leave a bit of a white residue here and there that I'll need to address. I used steel wool, a jeweler's screwdriver and a flame to get rid of most of it, then used polishing compound to buff the plastic back to clear. Not perfect yet, but I'll keep refining the method til I get it right. The ramp I have is in rough shape (cracked, missing some of the lip around the rim, etc), so I thought it would be a great ramp to experiment on. I will most likely buy a repro and then drill it for zip ties like TRON did. This works in the meantime.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

And entire playfiled shots.

Lights on:

Lights out:

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

Say NO to EL wire...not my taste for that pin. Needs light though, you are on the right track.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Chitownpinball said:

Say NO to EL wire...not my taste for that pin.

I would tend to agree. Doesn't seem to match the theme. I know you were saying it kind of goes with the 50's vibe, but it just seems like to much or a departure from the whole 'stone age tech as new tech' vibe of Flintstones.

Love the rest of your lighting mods.

Also, do you have some GI not working or disconnected, because the playfield looks way to dark in some of your photos.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    daley said:

Love the rest of your lighting mods.
    Also, do you have some GI not working or disconnected, because the playfield looks way to dark in some of your photos.

I did find one 2 position molex hanging disconnected under the play field but I can't seem to find it's mate if it has one. I assume that must be for some form of lighting.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

could you please post pics of the left upper playfield? I have a friend that has a Flintstones and he thinks something may be missing on the spinner up there

1 year, 2 months ago
    #

There should be a round plastic with some bones on it above the main machine disc. It's held on to the disc with 2 screws screwed into 2 standoffs.

1 year, 2 months ago
    #
    Phetishboy said:

There should be a round plastic with some bones on it above the main machine disc. It's held on to the disc with 2 screws screwed into 2 standoffs.

Thats what i need to see i know something is missing

1 year, 1 month ago
    #

Finally got my buildings lit up. For those that make it sound like an easy 5 minute project, it isn't. The hardest part is getting all the sockets mounted, soldered and daisy chained in such a way that the terminals and wires are out of the way and sitting where you want them to be. The right side is easier, as more of the buildings sit behind the ramp. On the left one, the buildings sit right over the top of the ramp. Also, that square hole in the center isn't cut out for your convenience. It's actually cut out for an existing gate assembly, which also needs to fit in that space with the new bulb socket you're installing. I had to install and remove the left side buildings at least 5 times before I got everything routed and bent out of the way far enough or the ball would get caught in the left ramp. I also used shrink tubing on my connections so if they accidentally touched one of the metal support bars underneath, they wouldn't short themselves out. Here are some playfield pics, then views from the commercial side to residential, and vise versa:

1 year, 1 month ago
    #

And I added another spotlight. This one I attached to the middle post of the right ramp. I faced it toward the Brontosaurus and threw a green Superbright in it. Helps to light up the dinosaur and add some more light to the back of the playfield:

1 year, 1 month ago
    #

Is there a reason you won't post any pics of the top left of the playfield? I really need to see what's missing from my friends spinner

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple