IMG_0750.jpgIMG_0750.jpg IMG_0751.jpgIMG_0751.jpg IMG_0752.jpgIMG_0752.jpg

#2 11 years ago

current status

IMG_0932.jpgIMG_0932.jpg IMG_0934.jpgIMG_0934.jpg

#3 11 years ago

one more that didnt upload

IMG_0935.jpgIMG_0935.jpg

#4 11 years ago

I will say removing those posts with loctite on them is a b1tch.. but the soldering iron trick does in fact work.. just so time consuming. Got them all out tonight.

#5 11 years ago

How long have you had this? Is this the ES that was recently on the Atlanta CL?

#6 11 years ago

No.. it's a shop job for a friend. Not mine but he's had it for quite some time.

#7 11 years ago

It looks real nice!

#8 11 years ago

lots of playfield wear outside of the mylar areas.. some "patched" ramps.. a little bubbling of the mylar but not horrible.. but it plays really well.

#9 11 years ago

Looking good.

#10 11 years ago

Awesome, can't wait to play it again in this condition.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Jake:

How long have you had this? Is this the ES that was recently on the Atlanta CL?

I ended up with the one that was on Atlanta CL 6 or 8 weeks ago. Wasn't as nice as the listing said, but it's about to be wicked nice. Just about ready to start reassembling it and I have new ramps, new plastics and the sinking building kit to put on it.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

lots of playfield wear outside of the mylar areas.. some "patched" ramps.. a little bubbling of the mylar but not horrible.. but it plays really well.

Mine had a bunch of bubbling mylar on the inserts. Ended up pulling the mylar, and as expected the areas that had bubbled had already pulled up the insert artwork. Putting decals on it and so far it looks really slick.

#13 11 years ago

This one will be going back on location so I'm keeping the Mylar on. It could stand a new set of plastics and one of the ramps but at the end of the day it's a players machine. Without a new play field and some cabinet work it'll never be pristine.

#14 11 years ago

I've heard ES is a pita to breakdown.

Thoughts?

#15 11 years ago

It's only a pain if you don't remove the play field (which I haven't). The play field doesn't move out at all, just pivots, so it's a pain to get to the back screws. That and the Loctite on the posts. If I had it pulled out on the rotisserie it wouldn't be too bad but one of the "connectors" is a direct solder to the header pins and I don't feel like crimping today.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

I ended up with the one that was on Atlanta CL 6 or 8 weeks ago

Glad a pinsider got it if I couldn't, post pics when you are done. If you ever want to get rid of it, won't have to look far.

#17 11 years ago

i love earthshaker. i just put the sinking institute from basement arcade in last night. it is cool to see the pin do what it was designed to do. the quality of the kit is outstanding by the way.

#18 11 years ago

FINALLY started ordering parts I need for mine that I bought almost 3 years ago in pieces. As others have said, the T-nuts and Loctite are a PAIN. About 1/2 way through trying to get them loose with a soldering iron (and still snapping posts) I said screw it, took a dremel to the top and cut em. Got new T-nuts, plastic posts, and will be ordering new metal posts soon!

FWIW I will not be using loctite on the game

I have been kicking around the idea of getting the sinking institute for the game, but I have a hard time spending 300 on a game I got for just a little bit more.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I have been kicking around the idea of getting the sinking institute for the game, but I have a hard time spending 300 on a game I got for just a little bit more.

The kit is built by a friend of mine. It really is built like a tank. The quality of the kit is really much better than you'd expect for an aftermarket kit.

It has a bunch of custom made cams and some of the parts are special and expensive (delrin I believe is used and is expensive)

I questioned spending the money, but knowing that he only makes a batch every couple years I decided to go ahead and get one from the latest batch.

Last I heard he only had a few left from this batch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/finally-a-day-sub-100-degrees-got-to-work-on-the-earthshaker-a-bit?replies=4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.