AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There are some audio clips we need to dial down - especially Ghost Doctor thanks to Dennis Nordman's loud, booming voice!
Here is a video of the menu system, where you can adjust game settings including the audio mix.
» YouTube video
It has "voice switches" so you can test things even if you can't see the DMD. We're also making a tablet app for the optional Bluetooth module for wireless debugging.

Sir, you are absolutely frickin hilarious even when being educational.

#452 9 years ago

I recognized the font in Ben's menus as being the same on the Atari 8-bit series(uppercase).

#453 9 years ago

It had long lines nearly the entire time at Allentown. I snapped a picture early on Friday I think.

AMH-Allentown.JPGAMH-Allentown.JPG
#454 9 years ago

A couple questions which may have been partially answered above. When I played, the DMD was seemed to have some static or something that seemed like a loose connector or some other issue. Also, the sound made noise like a blown speaker. I mentioned it to someone else and he said that both were actually effects that were intentional and part of the games effects.

Is this correct? If yes, it would be a real nega,give for me having interest in the game.

Thanks,
Dave

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Also, the sound made noise like a blown speaker.

I believe I heard there was a speaker issue that was resolved during the show by replacing the speaker.

#456 9 years ago

There is a "scanline" effect on the active player's score, also some static was added to some videos in Theater Mode to make it look "old"

#457 9 years ago

Sound issue Saturday for a few hours - I blew the speaker out by having the thing turned up to the max trying to compete with the video pin guys next to me and Pinovators who had their games cranked (which they have every right to and should since they sell sound products..) It was MY fault the speaker blew not the game...lol... Michael Pupo from Flipper Fidelity came over and fixed it for us and we were back up and running and the sound was great... He even tweaked the amp settings so we didn't have to have it up so loud to compete... During the process we had a wire come loose from a connector and Ray from Wide Area Repair helped with that while I had to man the booth... All in all the game ran 2 days straight non stop to long lines and everyone was happy. This game is still a prototype folks.. this is why they get sent to shows for feedback... Charlie and Ben already tweaked like 5 things I suggested from the show - stupid stuff, nothing major but just to show you in 2 days these guys had no ego and said, yup that's a good idea, and changed things... Just like the cabinet art - the first run that people didn't like in 2 days they had the Blue Ghost cabinet ! What a super way to react isn't it ? Good stuff... These guys are good for pinball and the game was a pleasant suprise for everyone at the show ! We were proud to have it in our booth and proud to be their distributor on the east coast !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from blondie7575:

Hey Ben and Charlie,
You guys have mentioned the possibility of selling your pinheck board. Is that still the plan? Any chance of an open source schematic/gerber set that could be used for people to build their own?

+1 would be down for getting my hands on a board as well.

#459 9 years ago

Shot this video demonstrating some more features of the pinHeck board, specifically command-line testing and Bluetooth.

#460 9 years ago

Pingame Journal coverage of the Spooky Pinball booth at MGC...

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Shot this video demonstrating some more features of the pinHeck board, specifically command-line testing and Bluetooth.
» YouTube video

This is super cool Ben!

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

Most of that talk went straight over my head ... But it sure looks cool!!

You should have done it in BASIC! Then I'd be sweet.

10 print "game over"
20 goto 10

rd.

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

I will be picking one up when it's available.

#464 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

great work Ben

am hoping one day you can do a video explaining the basics of programming of your system…. also would be cool if you could provide some programming templates for the beginners: attract mode, game start, etc so we can then work in rules, end of game, attract mode etc and go then we can go from there.

Am so wanting AMH and a pinheck board set

#465 9 years ago

How long until I can buy one?

#466 9 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

How long until I can buy one?

I thought the answer was "right now"?

#467 9 years ago

I emailed the Spooky folks yesterday about it. I'm talking about the time between my sending them full payment and shipment.

#468 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can buy one right now. Better question is when would you receive it.

#469 9 years ago

This summer

#470 9 years ago

Realistically, orders placed now will probably be built this fall. Chuck really wants to get through the first 30 before we take too much more money.

I've started a page on my website for files / updates http://benheck.com/amh

I went through the Hospital Mode and fixed the audio overmodulation issues with the Dennis Nordman ghost. We'll have updates in the future like other games.

For those interested in the Pinheck board:

You can download the AMH source code(s) using the link above. If you strip out my game, you'll have a "shooting & flipping" kernel to start with. I'll make a bare-bones version at some point too.

The A/V part of it you shouldn't have to change, it already have pretty good support for video, 4 channel audio, simple sprites, numbers, persistent numbers (timers) and the like.

The fonts are bitmap fonts that the system loads off SD card on boot. Using our conversion program, you can make whatever font you like (as long as the dimensions fit the template)

The Pinheck board itself requires:

External audio amplifier (plugs into 3.5mm jack)
12 volt and 5 volt power supply (like http://na.suzohapp.com/all_catalogs/power_supplies/80-0064-00)
50 volt switching power supply (switching ones available from Jameco I believe)

We are thinking $400 for the PCB. I haven't had time to document it yet.

#471 9 years ago

Dumb question... is a DMD the option to display output? There is no way to connect a LCD, correct?

#472 9 years ago

I just have to say how cool this is...kind of like an open source pinball machine. I'm happy to see this going to production. Congrats again to everyone involved!

#473 9 years ago

Here's some decent gameplay footage from Arcade Hunters at Allentown. Unfortunately this was shot while the speaker was blown, but still good stuff.

#474 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Here's some decent gameplay footage from Arcade Hunters at Allentown. Unfortunately this was shot while the speaker was blown, but still good stuff.
» YouTube video

thanks for sharing, looks great, take my money…..

#475 9 years ago

Looking good, Ben! Any chance of bringing it to Orlando/FPF later this year?

#476 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Here's some decent gameplay footage from Arcade Hunters at Allentown.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to receiving my game hopefully sometime next month. Just curious, has anyone else received their machine other than Pinball Star?

From watching that video it seems like there were a lot of rejects from the right loop - I don't think the jump ramp was made at all. Wonder whether it takes a perfectly clean shot to make the jump ramp or if the flippers were too weak on that machine. Also hoping they decide to change the design on the right scoop.

#477 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for sharing, looks great, take my money…..

They have half of my money, LOL, just give me a shipment date!

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In the meantime, our drunken "yahoo we shipped!" gameplay on AMH #1
» YouTube video

Will these work in the UK (240v 50hz)?

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Will these work in the UK (240v 50hz)?

I'd be surprised if they couldn't make it work, but there's some concern over import rules. You might have to import it yourself, rather than have it shipped.

Biggest difference is the transformer (no problem) and if anything's run off the AC, which would surprise me.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I don't think the jump ramp was made at all

I think the shot was made twice between the 1 min. mark and 1 min 20 sec. Video skips for me when watching. If you fail the jump (fall half way up the ramp), great video of "Character" falling. You fail, you get a video. The video of the fall reminds me of the Hitchcock movie Vertigo.

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

think the shot was made twice between the 1 min. mark and 1 min 20 sec

I don't think so, I just watched it again, the jump is failed at the 2 min mark. Otherwise, all other shots to the jump ramp roll slowly back down the loop. Maybe it was a just a setup issue with that game.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I don't think so, I just watched it again, the jump is failed at the 2 min mark. Otherwise, all other shots to the jump ramp roll slowly back down the loop. Maybe it was a just a setup issue with that game.

I played one game on AMH at Allentown, and focused on the jump ramp because no one I watched play ahead of me had hit it and people were commenting about how hard it was. I hit it once. It required not only a perfect shot but also a bit of luck on top of that. I'm sure, or at least I hope, they have the ability to set up this game so this shot is easier to make.

#483 9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Steve. In one of Ben's videos at the beginning of this thread that shot looks a little easier. I think I read that they were going to make tweaks based on feedback from Allentown, maybe this is one of the tweaks they make. To me the game still looks awesome though.

#484 9 years ago

I know I have seen the jump ramp made numerous times in some of the other videos. It seems like one of the best flow-through shots in the game, so I hope they nail it.

#485 9 years ago

I gave chuck some feedback on the jump shot it was entirely too hard to hit at Allentown I am sure they are looking into it

#486 9 years ago

In previous videos making that shot looked trivial and only a miss hit loft or something ala' the secret lock in Theater of Magic would drop. Ben even said as much as he narrated one of them. Maybe they turned the difficulty up on purpose?

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I don't think so, I just watched it again

Your right, watched again and video was not skipping for me. When the video skipped before, I did not notice it getting kicked out of the morgue, thought the jump was made to go down left side. Went to Benton to the Pub with my Brother today to show him the game. Finally got to fight the Prison Ghost! Fail! On a good note, By the number of skill shots I made, I guess I am good with my balls. The game told me, honest.

#488 9 years ago

The jump ramp is doable, takes practice. I've even backhanded it before (by accident of course) The only thing it's CRITICAL for advancing is theater ghost (shoot 4 times to start)

In all other modes, you don't have to complete the jump to make the shot count (such as Photo Hunt, jackpot advance, etc)

Hey can anyone recommend good cheap screen capture software that also records voice via headset?

I'm thinking of making a series of videos on how to program the PinHeck system.

#489 9 years ago

Hey Ben,
I wanted to know if Americas Most Haunted will be at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta?
If yes, will it be playable?
Cheers
Taylor

#490 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hey can anyone recommend good cheap screen capture software that also records voice via headset?

captivate or camtasia should work well for what you want

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

awesome, look forward to watching and learning

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The jump ramp is doable, takes practice. I've even backhanded it before (by accident of course)

I'll assume that the jump ramp on the one at Allentown was an anomaly, but it definitely wasn't a question of practice. Refer to my previous post. The ball would tend to lose momentum via rattling even on perfectly placed shots. Given that the Hellavator ball trap and right scoop post things are worked out, the jump ramp would be my only concern. If Ben says it works, no doubt the geometry itself is fine, and it would just be a question of a small tweak on the Allentown one if it wasn't done already.

Anyhow, I didn't wait 3 days to post just for the sake of throwing in my jump ramp $.02. I did it because I've come up with a tag line for promotional material for this game.

"Spooky on multiple levels"

Obviously, it would help if you have a Hellavator close-up or magnified section, because... that's the joke.

Not that I'm gunning for the AMH marketing director position, but I was the one who came up with the name (America's Most Haunted) that Ben decided to use, here: (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghost-squad/page/5#post-830576).

#493 9 years ago

such a cool game. totally dig playfield.

#494 9 years ago

That was my concern the jump ramp

#495 9 years ago

In retrospect, I would have either not done the jump ramp OR make it a "sure fire" thing. The fail condition isn't the ball falling through the gap, it's not having enough juice to make it up the ramp.

We tuned it to be about 50/50, you've gotta hit that shot dead nuts to make it. Issue becomes fine-tuning on each new build, dialing it in as it were.

Problem with the Allentown game was were we literally, no joke, finishing it as it was being palleted for the show. Chuck and Paul were wrenching off the legs as I was making last-minute flashes to code. So it didn't have any fine-tuning. It was a miracle it got on the truck, to be honest.

I'm heading down to Chuck's next weekend to check on things, help with his Fathom PF swap, drink beer, and hopefully shoot a promo video on a production game. More as it comes!

#496 9 years ago

I'm giddy like a school girl with excitement.

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

In retrospect, I would have either not done the jump ramp OR make it a "sure fire" thing.

It'd have been a pity if it wasn't in the game (says me, not having played the game, but I like the idea of needing a real good shot to make it!)

#498 9 years ago

Got a chance to play this game today and it was very impressive. All the shots were very doable and I had some fun combos going on here and there, including looping the jump ramp a few times. I liked how the slingshots could give you enough action to hit the bash target bank as well, had a couple instances during ghost minion battles of getting some shots off the slings to zap the ghost. The game gets an A+ for theme integration and the atmosphere it creates, it really nails the ridiculousness of ghost hunting shows. The other highlight I think are the sounds, especially the multi ball song once you beat a boss ghost that is like some cheesy theme song "Gho Gho Gho Ghooost Squad baby".

Hopefully I have business in SW Wisconsin again soon and get another chance to play America's Most Haunted.

#499 9 years ago

I am at Spooky Pinball this weekend, shooting a new gameplay / rules video using a production AMH.

I also finally updated the code for the AMH that's on location at the local bar.

#500 9 years ago

I love this game. I Wish Blainebrook would grab one so I could play it on location more often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.