AMH1.JPG
10150535_10152395357606188_8383491541819421479_n.jpg
JWE_0468.jpg
image-672.jpg
image-814.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.
#1 10 years ago

Here is the final backglass art for AMH, illustrated by local Madison area artist Kevin Hill.

We've completed our BOM, built a few units already and have the PCB design finalized, so we're feeling confident that a price of $5995 will be sustainable for the production run of this game.

Once we have time to document it, we will also sell the single-board "pinheck" pinball system, for other homebrew pinball enthusiasts. This will probably retail around $350-$400.

For more information on ordering please visit: http://www.spookypinball.com/games-swag/

Spooky Pinball shop tour:

Explanation and quick example of AMH rules:

Original episode of the Ben Heck Show that inspired this game:

Backglass_Rev_15-KHill.jpgBackglass_Rev_15-KHill.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Niiiiice looking game!

#3 10 years ago

Looks great Ben! Great price too, wish I had that kind of cash, I wish you nothing but the best!

#4 10 years ago

I just watched you play through the modes for 20 minutes and now I'm late for work.. haha Looking good! Love the extra side missions during main modes.

#5 10 years ago

Totally bad ass, Ben!

#6 10 years ago

Good looking game and looks like a lot of fun!

#7 10 years ago

Congrats on getting this far with the project. Looks great. Looking forward to picking up one of your pinheck boards when they are ready. Will you be selling the software that you used for doing the dots as well?

#8 10 years ago

Very Nice, Ben....an actual reduction in previous price...who does that? Great work!

#9 10 years ago

Robin, need to make an AMH game topic link

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Very Nice, Ben....an actual reduction in previous price...who does that? Great work!

Well the PCB came in under our "ballpark" figure, for instance. And that's even being stuffed and assembled in America.

#11 10 years ago

Good luck guys! Excellent price point.

#12 10 years ago

$5995 seems like a much better number than before. Just sounds better.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

Congrats on getting this far with the project. Looks great. Looking forward to picking up one of your pinheck boards when they are ready. Will you be selling the software that you used for doing the dots as well?

www.benheck.com/Downloads/dmd_convert.zip

Right now it only accepts BMP sequences (we export them from Adobe Premiere / After Effects) but it'll take AVI files in the future too.

Try it out!

#14 10 years ago

Wow, awesome price for a first game! It looks really cool from what I can see; I'll have to watch the videos after work. Very exciting stuff!

Is there a maximum or minimum number you're set to produce?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is there a maximum or minimum number you're set to produce?

I believe Charlie said that the initial run will be no more than 100 units. He also said additional future runs are possible, but probably not anytime soon as he wants to start on production on his next game.

*EDIT: Here are Charlie's exact quotes from another thread:

"We're going to do 100 total America's Most Haunted games, and then we need to switch to Pinball Zombies From Beyond the Grave production."

"I won't say we'll never do another run, but Ben and I both believe 100 games is going to satisfy demand for now. Our facility isn't big enough to handle production on 2 games at once, so at some point we just have to cut it off."

#16 10 years ago

Ben, would you mind talking about the open-source nature? I know you've mentioned it but don't readily recall what items were open and which were not? For example, I think you said sounds were open and easily replaceable. I also seem to remember that all playfield parts designs will be open and 3d printable.

Can you correct/expand?

One big concern is fixing (software and hardware) in the future.

#17 10 years ago

Looking great, Ben! I can't believe how far along you, Charlie and the team are. It looks like yours may be the first new game to ship for 2014! The whole thing just looks really well polished and solidly built. I can't wait to play one of these. Do you still intend to support the software after the release or are you planning on moving to something else?
It looks plenty deep from what I have seen, but some issues could be discovered down the road.

#18 10 years ago

Awesome job.

Any plans for some more marketing materials? These videos are cool, but something short and sweet and slick for instance? If I wanted to share this game on Twitter or give you some press coverage for instance a "one-stop" promo would be really helpful. Short, to the point, all the relevant details, the kind of thing that can give people the important stuff up front, not a modes explanation or the like.

I'd like to maybe do some more pinball stories on Ars Technica, and if I had a video like that I could embed it would be really useful, and I can't be the only one who could use that.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Awesome job.
Any plans for some more marketing materials? These videos are cool, but something short and sweet and slick for instance? If I wanted to share this game on Twitter or give you some press coverage for instance a "one-stop" promo would be really helpful. Short, to the point, all the relevant details, the kind of thing that can give people the important stuff up front, not a modes explanation or the like.
I'd like to maybe do some more pinball stories on Ars Technica, and if I had a video like that I could embed it would be really useful, and I can't be the only one who could use that.

You rite, a short, slick and to the point vid is a MUST!

#20 10 years ago

looking forward to getting homes so I can watch the videos!

Seems like a great price, I only wish I had the cash currently...
Any chance you want to put one on location in Madison ?

#21 10 years ago

wow...fantastic job...I hope your sales far exceeds your expectations

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Awesome job.

So basically a commercial?

That's a good idea, I'll plan for it next time I'm down in Benton.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So basically a commercial?
That's a good idea, I'll plan for it next time I'm down in Benton.

Yea a commercial. Something short, with some cuts that show the most camera friendly features, and end it with the basic info on price and how to order. Doesn't have to be complicated or complete, just enough to hook people and let them know where to go for more or if they want it. Not everyone is on Pinside!

#24 10 years ago

love the video

enjoyed the part on definition of "ghost" from wikipedia and "Ghost" the movie. it was funny that you showed Road House instead of Ghost.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats to Ben and the whole gang (think I saw PaulyB in there!). Game looks great! Hope to be able to own one someday!

#26 10 years ago

Looking really good Ben! (and crew of helpers)

Some fun thoughts on coding:
How about adding some easter eggs?

How about having a mode where you can hit switches to control the elevator? Something like hit the switch to bring it up, then load a ball and then hit a switch to move it down. The idea being that you are going down a few floors to the basement. Basically I think more ability for a player to control a game is always cool.

Would also love a mode where I can control the magnet at the ghost. I think you have some optos in the center ring that register the ball position? If so, then you could lock a ball behind the targets and then control the magnet to beat up the ghost?

A midnight madness mode that starts are 7:12 (i.e. 666) would be pretty cool also and different but a fun treat for a time when people will be more likely to be playing.

Also, what are the plans for the wizard mode? "demon battle" I think you called it?

#27 10 years ago

Very nice, Ben!
Cool that you were able to get the PCB assembled the in the USA.
Wally

#28 10 years ago

I'd love more info on the single-board "pinheck" pinball system

#29 10 years ago

Fun video and great to see what's happening up there. Some of that video made me feel like I was watching Blair Witch. Next theme maybe? Could be cool. Friday the 13th could be FANTASTIC! lolol. Thanks!

#30 10 years ago

I want to play this game badly. It looks amazing.
I hope you have much success.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd love more info on the single-board "pinheck" pinball system

I too am excited for the Pinheck Pinball system. I've been following the Longhorn Engineer as he's been working on it, and posting about it on his site over at http://longhornengineer.com/2014/01/02/pinheck-pinball-platform-rev-4-prototype-complete/

I think Ben's system could definitely expand the world of DIY Pinball, and bring some healthy competition to the market that seems to currently consist only of the P-ROC.

This hopefully could eventually bring the price down on either/both systems .

Sounds like Ben's $350-$400 system would be slightly cheaper than what the P-ROC retails for currently.

P-ROC being $325 plus an extra $100+ for additional driver boards.

#32 10 years ago

Well Ben, I put my money where my mouth is. I made my deposit today.
I saw a beautifully working prototype at expo. I have seen quick responses to feedback. I see a short lead time for production.

I like what you are doing and am proud to support spooky pinball with the most important thing, my wallet.

Thanks a Bunch!!!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Well Ben, I put my money where my mouth is. I made my deposit today.
I saw a beautifully working prototype at expo. I have seen quick responses to feedback. I see a short lead time for production.
I like what you are doing and am proud to support Spooky pinball with the most important thing, my wallet.
Thanks a Bunch!!!

Thanks!

Yes we've had a lot of interest in the Pinheck system. The price is pretty reasonable, and you don't need a PC in the game to run it.

#34 10 years ago

Wow! Even the subways are metal. The last game I can remember that had a metal subway was whirlwind.
Now spooky knows how to build a game.

#35 10 years ago

Really great guys!

#36 10 years ago

Very nice work guys! Looking forward to seeing the updated product at the MGC.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Wow! Even the subways are metal. The last game I can remember that had a metal subway was Whirlwind.
Now Spooky knows how to build a game.

I was thinking the same thing. I think its a smart way to drive costs down. No need to get a mold made for the subways.

#38 10 years ago

Hello Ben, have you considered releasing a digital version of the pin? Pinball arcade style, I am sure many people would buy it, (I would) It would be a great way to leverage your work further.

#39 10 years ago

Great to see the update. Excited to see more games coming onto the market - makes buying decisions a little more difficult (for me anyway).

#40 10 years ago

Any change this pin will make an appearance at spring events in Michigan this April; Pinball at the Zoo and/or Michigan Pinball Expo?

#41 10 years ago

great price and very very interested in the pinheck system for a custom pin as well…...

#42 10 years ago

It'll certainly be at MGC, along with Pinball Zombies. I went to Pinball at the Zoo last year, so it's possible.

Yeah for a subway we looked at vacuum forming, but you only get so many pulls out of a cheap blank, then you have to trim the edges and what not. Metal was just easier.

There is a digital version of Bill Paxton Pinball out there. As for AMH, if someone wanted to create one, I could provide files.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

There is a digital version of Bill Paxton Pinball out there. As for AMH, if someone wanted to create one, I could provide files.

Would be cool if Pinball Arcade could do it then heaps and heaps of people could try it.

#44 10 years ago

Actually, vpin would be a better one, imo. BUT if they went with the pinball arcade, they could sell the license and make money on it..

#45 10 years ago

Any chances of seeing one of these at TPF?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Would be cool if Pinball Arcade could do it then heaps and heaps of people could try it.

There's one way to find out. I'd pick one up until I could buy the real thing.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

There's one way to find out. I'd pick one up until I could buy the real thing.

don't worry I am on the list for both of spooky's pins

2 weeks later
#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Any chances of seeing one of these at TPF?

I would love to see it there as well!

#49 10 years ago

How much is this pin?

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

How much is this pin?

$5995

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
There are 993 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/final-art-for-americas-most-haunted-pricing-info and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.