Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Does anyone have a paint color code or something I can use for Funhouse? I need to repaint (And redecal) the backbox as somebody did black paint all around the perimeter. I've read that Krylon True Blue works.

Any help is appreciated!

#2 11 years ago

I haven't done it myself, but someone else used this:

Sherwin Williams color accents(satin) interior latex #SW1791.

Yes, Krylon True Blue, in the can not spray, is pretty close I think.

Or you could buy paint from (probably get a small amount then get it matched locally):

http://www.pinballuniverse.com/PinballPaints.htm

Robert

#3 11 years ago

Here check out this site.
http://pinballpal.com/colors/#Funhouse

#4 11 years ago

Thanks Robert. I'll look into that. It just needs to be close so hopefully this will work out ok.

Shrub_Light; thanks. I found that one and it looks like they're right. I just wanted to verify.

#5 11 years ago

Just got my order in from pinball universe for my whirlwind. The paint did not come close at all. I got a grey blue and not the whirlwind blue. I was very upset since they claimed it was a perfect color match. I would have been ok with just ball park close but this wasnt even in the pinball universe.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the update. Unfortuately I just bought an ounce. Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 11 years ago

I have to pick up the decals for FH soon - so dumb question...

What exactly do we do with the paint if the decals cover the cab and both sides and front? Is it for the top and back and inside the cabinet?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What exactly do we do with the paint if the decals cover the cab and both sides and front? Is it for the top and back and inside the cabinet?

For the blue that is not covered with a decal.

One suggestion, if you have a decal, take it to a paint store and have them try to match it.

If they can, then the paint will match the decal, while probably not perfectly factory, it is the match you really want...thus it is real life perfect.

Robert

#9 11 years ago

Yes and edges. I'm going to see if this matches enough for me do I can paint the black painted edges on mine. The side art isn't too bad but the one side is missing a large chip out of the middle.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Methos said:What exactly do we do with the paint if the decals cover the cab and both sides and front? Is it for the top and back and inside the cabinet?
For the blue that is not covered with a decal.
One suggestion, if you have a decal, take it to a paint store and have them try to match it.
If they can, then the paint will match the decal, while probably not perfectly factory, it is the match you really want...thus it is real life perfect.
Robert

I'm about to do my first one- so better to ask the questions than make a mistake.

When you have them match the color, do you apply it with a foam brush or something? I am assuming you don't use a brush. Not looking forward to this at all, but my backbox is trashed and I am not going through all this work to put a refurbished pf back in a semi ugly cabinet.

#11 11 years ago

I used a foam brush (Cheap ones from HF) and they worked real well for me doing cabinet touch ups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fh-paint-color-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.