Few questions about JM - Help Please!

Started 2 years ago by lpeters82 in forum TechTech: Generic.

Forum » Tech » Tech: Generic » Topic

Few questions about JM - Help Please!

Topic summary

• Started 2 years ago by lpeters82
  • 6 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from Craigmack

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Sorry for the long list of questions, but if you are able to answer any questions it would be greatly appreciated...

1) We'll start off with a multipart question. Is there anywhere that sells missing plastics for JM? I have a small chip out of a lower right section. Since I'm new what is this section called? I have the missing piece, is repair possible? (see image 1)

Answer - They don't seem to make it, however if anyone happens to be parting out a JM please let me know.

2) There seems to be a post missing next to the left outlane. Does anyone know what post was originally here? Pictures or link would be most helpfull. (see image 2)

Answer - It should be a black star post.

3) How was the cyborg dolphin (Jones) piece originally mounted. Mine came mounted with zipties, which doesn't seem right. Again, pictures or link would be most helpfull. (see image 2)

Answer - Zipties, really Williams?

4) Is there a list of "combos"?

5) What triggers "video frames" and do they serve any purpose besides score?

Answer - Hitting ramps when nothing else is on the screen.

6) What do the "crazy bob's items" do?

Answer - Add time and bonuses to power down mode.

EDIT: I guess if anyone has an extra manual I could buy that would be helpful too.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I can't find plastics.

Video mode has an extra ball on screen 2. I don't think it is available if you already have an extra ball waiting (not sure on this) I don't know what comes after screen 2, haven't ever cleared #2.

When you get Crazy Bob's items, it gives you a time advantage during power down, if I remember correctly.

NO idea on the combos

With the rest of the things I will have to check mine when I get home.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Yes, that is how Jones' plastic is mounted on mine. zip ties

EB is always available on video mode level 2. start video mode by dropping the ball in the correct matrix grid.

more crazy bob items will give you more points during Powerdown, and using them during PD (hit crazy bob hole) will give extra power to your sectors.

I have a black star post in that empty hole.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I guess I didn't mean video mode. I was wondering about the video something during the bonus display.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RawleyD said:

EB is always available on video mode level 2.

Not always. And I don't know why not, RD. Not arguing with ya. Maybe yours always IS there. I have had 2 or 3 times when it wasn't though. Bizarre!?

lpeters82 said:

I was wondering about the video something during the bonus display.

The screen shot things?

lpeters82 said:

EDIT: I guess if anyone has an extra manual I could buy that would be helpful too.

Did you try printing one for free from IPDB.ORG?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

lpeters82 said:I was wondering about the video something during the bonus display.
    Did you try printing one for free from IPDB.ORG?

It's "video frames". I edited the OP.

Not yet, I'd rather have an original, but if I'm sure that will work too. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Also...my first attempt at under cabinet lighting.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

The video frames are activated when you hit the ramps and nothing else is happening on the DMD (a picture of the video frame will be on the right of the DMD). Get 10 of them and you get an extra ball.

The_Gorilla said:

Video mode has an extra ball on screen 2. I don't think it is available if you already have an extra ball waiting (not sure on this)

Yes, you can stack extra balls.

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I had a few different color star posts when I first got my game and changed them all out to blue. I know it's not the factory shipped black ones, but I like them better.

Also added the lighted start posts you can see in this video.

» YouTube video

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

Not always. And I don't know why not, RD. Not arguing with ya. Maybe yours always IS there. I have had 2 or 3 times when it wasn't though. Bizarre!?

Factory settings, it's always there, as far as I know. not sure what's going on with yours gorilla.
    If you've already collected it, it doesn't show up again though.

Snurdley said:

The video frames are activated when you hit the ramps and nothing else is happening on the DMD (a picture of the video frame will be on the right of the DMD).

A fun video frame collecting strategy is to keep hitting the left ramp over and over with the left flipper, straight up shot. Just off the top of my head, I think there's something like 80 or 100 unique video frames you can collect for a huge bonus (I've never come close to achieving this).

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RawleyD said:

Factory settings, it's always there, as far as I know.

Snurdley said:

Yes, you can stack extra balls.

I will check it later. It must be disabled. When I got the game the "replay" score awarded an extra ball which, although it makes more sense than earning a credit (on a free game) I shut that off because I thought that was too much reward for doing something so trivial.

Have a nice night...

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    The_Gorilla said:

I will check it later. It must be disabled. When I got the game the "replay" score awarded an extra ball which, although it makes more sense than earning a credit (on a free game) I shut that off because I thought that was too much reward for doing something so trivial.
    Have a nice night...

Have you restored Factory settings? just wondering.
    It's possible that on some games you have already achieved a set number of EB's, and when you finally reached video mode there were none left to acquire. Just a guess

Can't wait for Super Tuesday mr. gorilla!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RawleyD said:

Have you restored Factory settings?

Yes, I did. Hey...what are you doing up!!!??? Isn't it almost 4 there?

SUPER TUESDAY!!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Yep, almost 4am. Almost time for lunch *checks clock on the wall*

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

Ahhhh...a 3rd shifter! lol. I am off to bed. Don't call me anytime soon. Later RD. Sorry for hijacking your thread lpeters!

2 years, 1 month ago
    #

You mean free bumping my thread?

2 years, 1 month ago
    #
    RawleyD said:

I have a black star post in that empty hole.

Is it really two black star posts in a row? Currently, I have a black star post as the outlane adjuster. Seems odd to have two in a row. Can anyone vitrify this?

Craigmack

Pinball addict
    1,424,000 2
    2 years, 1 month ago
    #

I believe I have a complete plastic set for JM. Its not NOS but in good shape. PM me if you're interested.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple