Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by wesperron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I normally like a nice slow blow but this time I'm talking about fuses.

I was playing my TZ last night and was flipping like crazy as I had two balls in the mini power playfield during a mulitball and the fuse 104 blew for the solonoids and flippers. It's a 3A slo blo fuse. I didn't have one so I used a 3A fast blo. I turned it on and everything was fine the flippers worked.
I decided to see what would happen when I flipped the flippers quickly....as soon as I did the fuse blew. I thought well I guess I need a slo blo fuse. I'm going to Radio Shack today.

Now I'm thinking...Could it be something else? A Bridge Rectifier? Something to do with the magnets that get controlled by the flippers on the mini playfield?
I just didn't expect the fast blo to blo so fast. I've used fast blo where A slo blo was required before and never had it blow. Why now?

I'm going to try the slo blo tonight. I'm hoping it's just that.

Do you think it will work? or do you think it's something else?
Whats your guess?

#2 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

Now I'm thinking...Could it be something else? A Bridge Rectifier?

Possible, especially since it is a common issue on TZ.

Good luck with the slow blow tonight.

#3 12 years ago

I had the same fuse blow on me last week. When I also had 2 balls in the power mini playfield

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from wesperron:

I normally like a nice slow blow

I like variety.

#5 12 years ago

That's very interesting DrStarkweather.

I assume you changed the fuse and haven't had an problem with it....hopefully thats what happens tonight but for some reason I'm wondering why it blew in the first place.

#6 12 years ago

Slow blow allows for a higher current for a short amount of time. Use the rated fuse for the application, now need to figure out why it blew in the first place.

#7 12 years ago

I am too fast for a slow blow.

If the fuse doesnt go again with a slow installed, dont worry. If it does, help is here.

#8 12 years ago

Am I missing something?

F104 is listed (http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2684/Bally_1993_Twilight_Zone_Operator_Handbook.pdf) as being for solonoids 9-16, which means, slingshots, jet bumpers, lock release, shooter lane diverter, and ball release.

Is that the fuse that blew? If so, it makes no sense that the powerfield or the flippers would have anything to do with it, and the flippers would work with that fuse blown.

So - are you wrong, and it was a different fuse, or is the manual wrong, and that fuse number doesn't go to what it lists?

#9 12 years ago

Cant replace a slow blow with a fast blow. Thats likely your only problem. Years ago I bought a CP and at the time the dealer told me a fuse blows on the jumprope thingy. He said it was a bad coil that needed replaced but he didnt have time so I got a few bucks off. After recieving the game and closer examination (waisted money on a coil and magnet) I realized there was a fast blow in place of a slow blow, basically a $.50 fix.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

Am I missing something?
F104 is listed (http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2684/Bally_1993_Twilight_Zone_Operator_Handbook.pdf) as being for solonoids 9-16, which means, slingshots, jet bumpers, lock release, shooter lane diverter, and ball release.
Is that the fuse that blew? If so, it makes no sense that the powerfield or the flippers would have anything to do with it, and the flippers would work with that fuse blown.
So - are you wrong, and it was a different fuse, or is the manual wrong, and that fuse number doesn't go to what it lists?

yes I was wrong. Thanks,Nice catch. it was 114 and it's suppose to be a 7A fuse. thats why the 3A blew so fast.
I replaced it with a 7A...no problems. Thanks again.

Oh and by the way.... do they make a one that starts off as a slow blow then finishes as a fast blow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fast-blow-or-slow-blow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.