FARG! TZ on CL in Milwaukee

By centerflank

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Awe Man, some guy in Harford,Wi. posted a sales ad for a TZ for 4250! I called him, he said someone already set an appt. to pick it up 2moro but if it falls through Im his next call. Any pinsiders jump on that one? Bummer, thats my #1 machine to acquire......

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Awe Man, some guy in Harford,Wi. posted a sales ad for a TZ for 4250! I called him, he said someone already set an appt. to pick it up 2moro but if it falls through Im his next call. Any pinsiders jump on that one? Bummer, thats my #1 machine to acquire......

I feel your pain. It wasn't me as I already have one. I know it sucks but another will show up someday and will probably be nicer so don't worry. I was looking for a Whirlwind for a few years and finally found one. Missed one by 5 minutes 6 months ago. You never know if the person in front of you may back out as well. Good luck.

#3 11 years ago

Just some friendly advice. I would advise against coming on here and mentioning the ad until after the game has officially been sold. All you do is raise awareness of the listing and increase the chance that someone else will offer the guy more money. In this situation, you would be better off just laying low and hoping for the best.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All you do is raise awareness of the listing and increase the chance that someone else will offer the guy more money.

If someone wants to do that so be it, shady tactics backfire on you in the end....

#5 11 years ago

And secondly if the seller did that, not someone I want to do business with anyway

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

And secondly if the seller did that, not someone I want to do business with anyway

Hey, I don't disagree with you. And for the record, I would never offer a guy more money once he told me he already had a deal in place. I was simply saying that if you want the best chance to grab the game, the smartest strategy is to remain silent.

#7 11 years ago

PM sent, centerflank

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I was simply saying that if you want the best chance to grab the game, the smartest strategy is to remain silent.

Fair enough my man

#9 11 years ago

Yeah man I found a twilight zone 2 months ago for $2700 and i didnt say a peep until I had the deal done I was so paranoid someone else would swoop in and steal my deal of possibly my lifetime!

#10 11 years ago

I didn't snag it, I still own my TZ. Was the first game I ever bought.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I still own my TZ. Was the first game I ever bought.

Me too. It will never leave. Too much sentimental value.

#12 11 years ago

I'm floored by how much TZ has inflated over the past year. It took me two months to sell a darn near perfect, might have been HUO machine for $3800 in fall of last year.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

didn't snag it, I still own my TZ. Was the first game I ever bought.

Same here

#14 11 years ago

Absolutely agree with gweempose here. silence is often the best. And shady tactics does not always get them in the end. I have lost many machines in the past from things like this.

Best of luck getting a TZ.

#15 11 years ago

Just to update, the buyer in front of me did purchase it but I know what you are saying about keeping quiet. If I had the deal on my table I definitely would have not posted anything, I considered this TZ in the wind right off the bat, I mean , who would pass up that at that price.....

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I mean , who would pass up that at that price.....

Quite a few people, actually.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Hey, I don't disagree with you. And for the record, I would never offer a guy more money once he told me he already had a deal in place. I was simply saying that if you want the best chance to grab the game, the smartest strategy is to remain silent.

100% true. So what if the guy is "shady" and takes a higher offer. Just do what you gotta do to get the game and in this case it would be to lay low like big snoop says!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

That's what I thought too. Middle of the road price at best.

#19 11 years ago

I think there are probably lots of people watching. I know I saw this machine within minutes of the posting.

Ultimately I want a TZ too... just isn't in the budget or a priority now... I wouldn't mind finding one around Milwaukee to play though.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Quoted from examiner:

That's what I thought too. Middle of the road price at best.

Hogwash!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
$ 132.00
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/farg-tz-on-cl-in-milwaukee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.