Fair price for Cirqus Voltaire, buying tips?

Started 3 years ago by Vanquish09 in forum MarketBuying advice.

Forum » Market » Buying advice » Topic

Fair price for Cirqus Voltaire, buying tips?

Topic summary

• Started 3 years ago by Vanquish09
  • 14 Pinsiders participating in this thread.
  • Latest reply from mrbillishere

Tilts/ ignores / abuse

Sharing and favs

Games linked to topic

Help us build a pinball game knowledge base by linking topics to the games discussed in them!

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

What does everyone think a fair price is for a Cirqus Voltaire that has been gone through as far as cleaning the playfield and replacing rubbers/lights that is is nice condition? Any tips when buying, things to keep an eye out for, known problems to catch, or things the seller might be trying to hide? thanks~

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

I would say in the neighborhood of $4500.Playfield wear is important.Check boards for acid damage.

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

$4000-$5000

3 years, 1 month ago
    #

I agree with "brz" look for wear spots most important. If its dirty that cleans up, but if there are wear spots that open up a whole can of worms you probably dont want to deal with. unless you get a great deal on one that is in your area. I did this with my Taxi. Some times its hard to find one in you area so you have to settle. You get your playfield restored and clearcoated which will protect your playfield for ever. Here are some links that may help you out if you buy one with these problems.

http://www.treasure-cove.net/ they have a great playfield polishing kit that all pinheads should have

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/Home.html another playfield restorer and clearcoater

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Just bought a Voltaire today for 7k,it's near mint.It's more than i wanted to pay but the condition is a 9 out of ten,has the side scroll's,the mini head also came with it and an un opened goody bag.Overall i'm pretty stoked..JOIN THE CIRQUS..!

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

At the price some games have been commanding lately, it may be cheaper to pay 600-800 to have a bad playfield restored than looking for a mint example.

If there was any way for me to spend 4k on a CV (if I could afford it), I would do it unless the PF was just absolutely slaughtered, knowing that I would be trying to save the money real fast to get the PF out of there, document a full teardown, and send it off to be fixed.

My wife's really got a pin woodie for this game...I don't get it, other than the artwork. She's never played it. We only have space for 3 games and very limited funds. Space Shuttle and STTNG aren't going anywhere.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

I would start at 5k, unless it's routed pretty bad, $4200 - $4700.
    Been watching these lately and nice ones are going for around 6k.

Regards,

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    MrVoltaire said:

Just bought a Voltaire today for 7k,it's near mint.It's more than i wanted to pay but the condition is a 9 out of ten,has the side scroll's,the mini head also came with it and an un opened goody bag.Overall i'm pretty stoked..JOIN THE CIRQUS..!

I just paid about the same for mine. That's the going rate now

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

What is a really nice one with a Bill Davis clear coated p/f, scrolls, all the Pinbits protectors etc worth these days?

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    wbradley said:

What is a really nice one with a Bill Davis clear coated p/f, scrolls, all the Pinbits protectors etc worth these days?

My firstborn child.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

Now i need to unload a couple to off set this purchase..The Voltaire is beautiful though.

1 year, 11 months ago
    #
    MrVoltaire said:

Now i need to unload a couple to off set this purchase..The Voltaire is beautiful though.

Well Steve, you could unload one of your madnesses

1 year, 11 months ago
    #

"Sample" playfields will be more. Mine was 6k+ in NM condition. I got mine from a pinsider and I can't recommend that enough! Good luck, only like 2700 made.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

What a fare price to pay for an above average theatre.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #
    MrVoltaire said:

What a fare price to pay for an above average theatre.

Above average? $5000.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I think it is around 5500-6000 for a solid one. If you want all original or very clean I think it is commanding more.

you should all join the cirqus for sure.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I just sold my Sample CV for 5200. It had zero playfield wear around the Ringmaster or the Boom balloon. Very minor wear around the Marvel inserts. A couple inserts had the black around the outline chipped. I never touched it up I just put some mylar over it. The boards were flawless and so was the BG and the cabinet had a few minor dings(about four or five the size of a pea). I actually could have gotten more for this pin (some people offered more than I was asking). I ended up selling it to my brother for less, just so I could keep playing it whenever I want. So I think a really nice one could easily sell for 6K. Above average will probably go for at least 5K. Of course that doesn't mean you couldn't find one for less, but I wouldn't expect to. Playfield wear around the Ringmaster and the Boom balloon are the main areas these games show wear. Goodluck!!!!

NM

Pinball master
    1,939,550 2
    1 year, 10 months ago
    #

Playfield wear around the Ringmaster and the Boom balloon are the main areas these games show wear.

And also on those two Volt Rollovers up near the Ringmaster.

Now as a temporary "fix", Volt Rollover overlays could be added till the PF is stripped and sent off for proper repair; but the only thing about them is how far off the color is on the inner ring: they're supposed to be red, and the ones I've seen look purple like in the pic I've attached.

Anyone know if the color on these have been improved for a more original appearance?

And is there an overlay for the wear area outside the Ringmaster?

Thanks in advance.

1 year, 10 months ago
    #

I had my CV PF touched up and cleared by Ron Kruzman a couple of years ago. Definitely worth the wait.

Beautiful, whimsical game.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.

© 2001-2014 Pinside.com All rights reserved. Jump to topRSS feedsHelpContactCookiesDesigned by Keeple