Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by gseador
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Looking at purchasing 1 for my first pin. Just looking for some basic input from those who have owned/played it. Opinions on having it as a first pin and also as an only (for now) pin?

#2 13 years ago

I think System 11s make great first pins. How much is the seller asking for it?

#3 13 years ago

As a first pin it is not bad as they are pretty reliable. As an only pin, I think you will eventually get tired of it. But then you can always sell it and get another. Make sure you don't get excited and overpay.

#4 13 years ago

Listen to SealClubber as that is EXCELLENT advice. As for F-14 I have one and it is a blast, but I could see how one could get bored with it over a period of time if it is the only Pin you have.

If you have not played it be aware that F-14 is very fast and can get frustrating at times...but a whole lot of fun.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision and purchase.

#5 13 years ago

Thanks for the input, keep it coming. Nice to know they are fairly reliable and easier to work on. It is in good condition, everything works and there are a few little scuffs on the cabinet. I can get it for $550, sound fair?

#6 13 years ago

I can get it for $550, sound fair?

I'd say that's a veritable bargain. Grab it before someone else does.

#7 13 years ago

That is a good price....can't let that go if it is in good shape. As JWW stated...It is fast , but lacks variety as far as shots. Hopefully you will be able to add to it. I think a lot of us only intended to have one......1 turns into 3.....and so on.

#8 13 years ago

F-14 is a great pin. I have been playing it since the day it showed up on route and I'm still not sick of it. There's not a heck of alot to it, so I can see how people say they get bored with it. But, its fast and furious and always fun.

#9 13 years ago

It's a fantastic game, it was designed to be fast and exciting and doesn't disappoint. There is nothing else out there that compares in my view. Great to play on site and with friends but as others have pointed out it may get boring at home. Exciting YES deep no!

#10 13 years ago

I think alot of these older machines like F-14, BOP will become hot commodities in the future if the P-ROC takes off like I think its going to and everyone starts converting them to DMD. I look for prices to go up, BOP has already shot up quite a bit in the last year.

#11 13 years ago

How does the playfield look? I just restored one of these and the playfield was trashed. I've see a lot of them badly damaged actually (I think cause it was popular and fast playing and people did not take care of them). The one I restored took tons of hours to strip the mylar, touch-up paint and re-seal. It was fun, but I got tired of the wife asking me "aren't you done with that thing yet?!?!?!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-14-tomcat-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.