(Topic ID: 122)

EM Help - Chicago Coin Hee Haw

By SunTzu44

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Have a 73 Chicago Coin "Hee Haw" Pinball. Got it almost 90% working, but for one issue.
The top left and right playfield bumpers (not the thumpers, Just rubber against 2 switches in the corners), dont work (i.e. register a hit). Switches look good..

I cant find what causes them to work to score points. I thought maybe they were turned on via the Feature Wheel, but it does not look that way. Cant find a relay anywhere that controls them. Since none of them work, I figure it has to be a bad relay, or controlled via a game feature.

Anyone have any ideas?

#2 14 years ago

Are they just score switches? If so first look on your relay board (both sides) for any discoloration around any of the circuits / diodes/ relays. second follow colour code on the switches to the board plug and try cleaning the board contacts, switch contacts. If they are for kickers, same thing but probably bad kicker coil. Good luck.

#3 14 years ago

I never worked on or even played a CCM so I cant give you first hand advice,
however what I would do is actuate by hand the bumpers and other targets on the playfield that do work like sling shots and pop bumpers.
Watch how the points are added- do they trip a relay like 10pts, 100 pts, 1000 pts relay.
or do they use a score motor ? if the other bumpers work & score 10 pts on the same relay then its just a matter of finding the right color code wire that goes to the problem bumper.
Find the relay it could be in the backbox or under the playfield the ID tag may have came off years ago?
BTW -is the backglass on that Hee Haw made of plastic or is it real glass?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-help-chicago-coin-hee-haw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.