(Topic ID: 81677)

Elvira And The Party Monsters club-Monstrous!

By karmalord

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,311 posts
  • 261 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pyrotech
  • Topic is favorited by 124 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eyeball_close_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
20240414_155259.jpg
IMG_0328 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1496 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0209 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9281 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 47.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I'm happy to say that I have officially joined the EATPM club.

Very cool,
Welcome to the club. Post some pics soon!

#202 10 years ago

Boy, how did I miss this one? I'm in!!!!

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I'm happy to say that I have officially joined the EATPM club.

Welcome, what kind of shape is she in?

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Boy, how did I miss this one? I'm in!!!!

Another one? Well welcome to you also. How long you had her?

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How long you had her?

10 years. She was the first pin I ever bought.

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

10 years. She was the first pin I ever bought.

WOW 10 years and your still play'n her. That's true love.

#207 10 years ago

I will never sell her or her sister.

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I will never sell her or her sister.

That's the way I feel about my girl also.

#209 10 years ago

I hope this is OK to post here, but I need the 2 arch plastics that go over each ramp, really don't want to but the whole set from CPR as the rest of my plastics are OK. If anyone has these plastics in reasonable condition, please PM me.

Thanks

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's the way I feel about my girl also.

+1

1 week later
#211 9 years ago

Noticed Cabinet decals are available once again at PPS and BAA. Hope ramps are soon to follow over at PBI.

#212 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Noticed Cabinet decals are available once again at PPS and BAA. Hope ramps are soon to follow over at PBI.

Me too.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Hope ramps are soon to follow over at PBI.

and that they are thicker too.

#214 9 years ago

Curious as to whether ramp decals are ran independently or bundled with cabinet or insert decal production runs.

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Curious as to whether ramp decals are ran independently or bundled with cabinet or insert decal production runs.

They usually come with the ramps.

#216 9 years ago

Right, that may be why he is not releasing ramps yet as I'm sure he doesn't make the decals only the ramps.
Wondering if he is waiting on the decals to be made .

1 week later
#217 9 years ago

Just finished going through my EATPM and upgrading to LEDs. One thing I noticed, when researching what LEDs to put in is I could not find a list of what to buy for the whole machine. Lots of stuff out there for the backbox but not the playfield. Anyway, since I did a spreadsheet, I thought I would share it. It's definitely cheaper to put your own kit together than buying one of the off the shelf kits, so hopefully others will find it useful.

20140419_204912.jpeg20140419_204912.jpeg

20140514_211501.jpg20140514_211501.jpg

Elvira LED Lighting.pdfElvira LED Lighting.pdf

#218 9 years ago

I would like to buy one of these in the near future. Anything in particular with this game to watch out for?

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Anything in particular with this game to watch out for?

* check for chipped ramps at the entrances (posts don't always protect them)
* check to make sure the ball doesn't get stuck beneath the lower pop bumper (some owners don't replace this band because it's not easy to get to)
* Check for broken plastics, particularly the vertical ones in front of the ramps, and the "J-A-M LIGHTS LOCK"
* Check for wear on the inserts at the top (B-A-T)
* go into lamp test, make sure the dead heads in the upper right corner work. Sometimes the connector gets wonky, though reflowing the connector usually fixes it
* check for cracked skull on ball lock, typically the front boss gets cracked

#220 9 years ago
Quoted from elevatedreality:

Just finished going through my EATPM and upgrading to LEDs. One thing I noticed, when researching what LEDs to put in is I could not find a list of what to buy for the whole machine. Lots of stuff out there for the backbox but not the playfield. Anyway, since I did a spreadsheet, I thought I would share it. It's definitely cheaper to put your own kit together than buying one of the off the shelf kits, so hopefully others will find it useful.

Elvira LED Lighting.pdf 170 KB
20140419_204912.jpeg 108 KB
20140514_211501.jpg 103 KB

Thank you for this info,I will be doing this soon,but will be tackeling the cabinet first.
Good job!

#221 9 years ago

Yeah,Blob plastic gets broke also. and the decals on drop targets and flip up targets usually need replaced if they haven't already.

#222 9 years ago

Great news from Pinball Inc.
After a much anticipation the wait is over! Anyone who has needed a ramps for this classic pin will get their chance next week when they will become available for purchase.........Bam!

#223 9 years ago

It would be nice to get a thicker set of ramps but mine were replaced when the game was restored so they are perfect. The whole game looks like it just came out of the box. It's a keeper.

#224 9 years ago

This was on pinball inc facebook page

I'm finally getting back to a somewhat regular schedule (at least for me it's regular) so after a long wait we are finally finishing up the run of Elvira and the Party Monsters ramp set! Yes they will include the hardware and decals

EATPM Ramps.jpgEATPM Ramps.jpg
#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

This was on pinball inc facebook page
I'm finally getting back to a somewhat regular schedule (at least for me it's regular) so after a long wait we are finally finishing up the run of Elvira and the Party Monsters ramp set! Yes they will include the hardware and decals

EATPM Ramps.jpg 44 KB

Fantastic news!!! I love those guys.

#226 9 years ago

Cool beans for sure. Thanks James.

#227 9 years ago

Yeah, good time to get some cliffy's too for added insurance.

#228 9 years ago

Anybody have a fix or advice on the ball getting behind the rubber under the Organ? we were having a marathon and it kept happening. Really drags getting in there when your having the best game of your life.
JC

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Anybody have a fix or advice on the ball getting behind the rubber under the Organ? we were having a marathon and it kept happening. Really drags getting in there when your having the best game of your life.
JC

Hmm, that's never happened even once to me, maybe take a pic of that area, we can see if something looks off.

#230 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, that's never happened even once to me.

Same here. Maybe just a worn out rubber or is it new?

#231 9 years ago

Does anyone know the exact glass measurement for the backglass in front of the translite. Mine is broke and need to order another from a glass shop.

Thank you,

Rob
robsgameroom.com

#232 9 years ago

great thread.

#233 9 years ago

Ill try to take pics next time it happens and I take the glass off. Heres how it happens two drop targets down middle and right. Ball flys up and wammo slips under the rubber. they are fairly new rubbers also. Getting it out is tricky as to not get your fingers bashed by hitting the third jam drop target and wham goes the fingers.
Magicchiz

#234 9 years ago

Lets get a pic . Your saying the ball flys up with two targets dropped and then gets stuck under rubber/organ player. Possibly you have the wrong size of posts that rubber is attached to, or the rubber is the wrong size for the posts. Both would allow your problem to happen.

Cheers

#235 9 years ago

Two questions for you party monsters:

1. I've read in various threads that pulling mylar on machines results in the artwork coming up, depending on the age of the machine and certain titles fair better than others. I just got a nice shape EATPM and am considering having the playfield cleared, anyone wanna share their experiences pulling the mylar on EATPM? The one I'm working with has an extremely nice playfield and I'd hate to damage it.

2. Whats the price range and trend for EATPMs? As it sits now the one I have has some touchup near the legs, but the vast majority of the cabinet is fantastic, little fade on the front. Playfield only has minor wear at the BAT rollover, everything else is really nice. No cracked ramps or plastics or wear from the ramp drop offs.

If I redecaled the cab and cleared the playfield to bring it close to collector quality, what would that fetch? I love the game and plan on keeping it a long time, but don't want to get in too deep if I decide to move it. It seems like a pretty sought after game, but that doesn't mean its going up drastically in price.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

1. I've read in various threads that pulling mylar on machines results in the artwork coming up, depending on the age of the machine and certain titles fair better than others. I just got a nice shape EATPM and am considering having the playfield cleared, anyone wanna share their experiences pulling the mylar on EATPM? The one I'm working with has an extremely nice playfield and I'd hate to damage it.

I freeze sprayed my mylar off with little to no art being pulled so I could touch it up and clear. It really wasn't that bad, just a laborious process.

#237 9 years ago

The whole clear coat debate rides on your experience doing it yourself. $300.00+ to have someone else do it once you have successfully removed your mylar and done all touch ups yourself. Cabinet decals just became available again for around $279.00. So you looking at a minimum $600.00(probably more like $1000.00 depending on your inventory of arsenal and know how) to get it to collector quality. Collector quality EATPMs are in the $4000.00 more/less range depending on location.

1 week later
#238 9 years ago

Heh heh...

mulitballs.jpgmulitballs.jpg

#240 9 years ago

Anybody heard anything about those ramps from Pinball Inc? I wonder if the IL Pinball deal is holding things up?

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I wonder if the IL Pinball deal is holding things up?

Not even on the same page. IPC has nothing to do with Pinball Inc's manufacturing of these ramps.

#243 9 years ago

I thought I may have missed something explaining the new delay ,as he in fact announced the completion of the ramps what, 3 weeks ago?

#244 9 years ago

I got a message from Pinball Inc. on Facebook about a week ago and he said that he was filling some backorders with suppliers and that they should be available soon at the suppliers and their website. I guess they will start showing up at places like Bay Area and Marcos soon. I have found sometimes that when things first show up at Marcos, it is a while before they update the website.

Contact them directly and ask if it is in stock. A few times they have had it when the website said they didn't.

#245 9 years ago

20140610_161501.jpg20140610_161501.jpg Ok here is the picture after it happened again with the ball getting stuck under the Organ. please look it over and see if you think something is out of place Etc.

#246 9 years ago

That actually used to happen on mine, too, when I owned EATPM. Never really found a fix for it before I sold her.

#247 9 years ago

Did you check the size of the rubber around those posts? If the ball is getting underneath,then go down a size and see if that works.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Ok here is the picture after it happened again with the ball getting stuck under the Organ. please look it over and see if you think something is out of place Etc.

20140610_161501.jpg 189 KB

Your game is missing the metal guide that goes behind the rubber that prevents that from happening... You can see the small hole where the metal guide belongs on yours. I have added a picture of mine to show you.

Rob
robsgameroom.com

IMG_8357.JPGIMG_8357.JPG
#249 9 years ago

Rob thanks so much for pointing that out. So the next question can I get a better picture of it with a couple drop targets down so i can see it better? Also does anyone know of someone parting out a Elvira that I might be able to get that part from? Any and all help would be great.
Thanks
Magicchiz

#250 9 years ago

Huh, I don't have the wire, I have two metal pointed posts instead, which keep the rubber from flexing back too far I guess, never had a ball stuck under there. See:image-628.jpgimage-628.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 45.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 18.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 70.00
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-and-the-party-monsters-club-monsterous/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.