Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

hi all, per the title, my el dorado 10 point chime has stopped sounding when any of the 10 point slings etc are activated ... the 10 pt scoring reel registers, just no sound

i am guessing that there is a single contact or switch relay that isn't behaving??

not sure if i have the schematic for this one ... off to check ... but any advice much appreciated

thanks, Ron

#2 10 years ago

Could be a switch on the 10 point relay, or maybe the 10 point chime coil.

#3 10 years ago

thanks wolf!

my brain was on relay ... but it was actually just that the rod in the chime coil was all bunged up - the deteriorated foam had jammed it

thought i had cleaned the chime unit way back when but clearly not ... it sounds so much better now that i have put in some proper rubber grommets at the chime bars and cleaned out the old foam strip below ... now i have to go out and find a steel frame door / frame to 'borrow' 3 rubber door mutes from ... those little round rubber plugs are the best for popping in the holes below the coils in place of the foam strip

thanks again, Ron

#4 10 years ago

Glad to help. You might try Lowe's / home depot for the door mutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-10-point-chime-not-sounding-for-any-10-point-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.