(Topic ID: 70484)

East Side Pinball (Saint Paul, Minnesota)

By policano

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by policano
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tournaments copy (resized).png
2-27-10-mermaid (resized).jpg
AerosmithSundayFunday (resized).png
SpringLeagueFlyer (resized).png
AerosmithLaunchParty (resized).png
PLAYMOREPAYLESS (resized).png
MaySuperLeague_(resized).png
GhostbustersEntry_(resized).png
2_for_1_(resized).png
Spring2016League_(resized).png
Front.png
HappyBirthday.png
Elviss.png
FamilyGuy.png
GoT.png
image.jpeg

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

Hey Guys,

As some of you know, I have brought several of my game from my home collection to location at a bowling alley in Saint Paul, MN. I currently have 6 games in the bar and the operator has 2 games as well. My passion is pinball and the games on location are treated the very same way the games were treated at my home!

Thanks to everyone who has helped launch this new experience! It has been overwhelmingly positive and very exciting to see others play who haven't played in years!

Please checkout our website: www.eastsidepinball.com
Machines2.jpgMachines2.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I wanted to share with you some great experiences I have had since I have been on location. I have seen this family come in almost nightly to play POTO, Taxi, WCS, and Star Trek. They eat, mom and dad have a few cocktails and the 3 of them play. Anyways, today I was in the office and someone said that a customer wanted to talk to the pinball manager. So the General Manager and I walked out to meet her. She wanted to tell us that it is the greatest thing that we did here. We love to play pinball and we found a place that has so much in one area. She said that they live a few blocks away and that its the highlight of their day, to come up and enjoy the machines. I was very proud I went over there and thanked each one of them and gave their son 3 rounds on Star Trek. They were so happy.

Things like this is why I am happy to be involved in this great community.

#3 10 years ago

That's awesome man! It's definitely a great place to play some pinball. You may remember me. I'm the guy who had your Star Trek machine acting up because an LED got stuck in the ball trough. The bartender said you'd be there in 15 minutes to fix it and I didn't believe him for a second. I think you actually got there in about 9 minutes.

Anyways I was just looking around the map for some pinball in the area. I think I'm going to head over to Suds America to do some laundry. They have Indianapolis 500 so that will be great to pass the time. It's funny that at my dad's, I'd almost always play TZ while doing laundry. It makes me think that etting some machines in laundromats might be a good opportunity for you.

i also noticed that you updated the machines at Sun Ray Lanes. Nice pics by the way. Ripleys Believe it or not and World Cup Soccer?! A couple great games! Oh man I am excited to try WCS out. I see that it's played quite often in big tournaments so that definitely says something. Glad that WPT is gone. That game was beat to hell. I'm curious where Ripley's and Phantom are in the bowling alley. I don't see them in the pics. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I don't know if I mentioned it last time but Blainbrook Bowl has a pinball tournament on the first Sunday of each month. I don't think I can make it on Dec.1 but I usually go. It's a good time. Also Mortimer's has a tourney on the last Sunday of each month if I'm not mistaken. Come check it out. I'll come up to Sun Ray on a Friday in the near future to play some games with you guys.

#4 10 years ago

Ok I see Phantom now. I thought it was Wheel of Fortune in the picture. Ripley's too?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

I wanted to share with you some great experiences I have had since I have been on location. I have seen this family come in almost nightly to play POTO, Taxi, WCS, and Star Trek. They eat, mom and dad have a few cocktails and the 3 of them play. Anyways, today I was in the office and someone said that a customer wanted to talk to the pinball manager. So the General Manager and I walked out to meet her. She wanted to tell us that it is the greatest thing that we did here. We love to play pinball and we found a place that has so much in one area. She said that they live a few blocks away and that its the highlight of their day, to come up and enjoy the machines. I was very proud I went over there and thanked each one of them and gave their son 3 rounds on Star Trek. They were so happy.
Things like this is why I am happy to be involved in this great community.

Very, very cool. Best of luck!!

#6 10 years ago

Hey one more thing I want to mention is that I tried to enter my contact info for possible upcoming leagues on your eastsidepinball website. You may already know, but there are a couple bugs. The main thing is that I couldn't tell if the Submit button worked. I clicked it twice and nothing happened. I've done some web design but I'm no expert. I'd be happy to help out in exchange for some free pinball

#7 10 years ago

Ok one more thing. lol. I swear last thing.... The tournament signup page seems to work just fine. It's only the league signup page that actin a fool. Over and out.

#8 10 years ago

Where are you located?
The URL that you provided appears to be a generic website.
I enjoy playing pinball in the wild and will certainly check it out. Thanks!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from 3waycombo:

Hey one more thing I want to mention is that I tried to enter my contact info for possible upcoming leagues on your eastsidepinball website. You may already know, but there are a couple bugs. The main thing is that I couldn't tell if the Submit button worked. I clicked it twice and nothing happened. I've done some web design but I'm no expert. I'd be happy to help out in exchange for some free pinball

Thanks for the info on the leagues page. I believe I fixed it now. Hopefully

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Very, very cool. Best of luck!!

Thanks Mr. Bryan Kelly!

Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Where are you located?
The URL that you provided appears to be a generic website.
I enjoy playing pinball in the wild and will certainly check it out. Thanks!

The website went live yesterday. I have heard from a couple people where it hasn't been working yet.
The website: www.eastsidepinball.com
Or try http://eastsidepinball.businesscatalyst.com
They are both the same.

East Side Pinball is located inside Sun Ray Lanes
2245 Hudson Road
Saint Paul, MN 55119

#10 10 years ago

Very cool. I emailed my usual gang about this. Nice to see a website all around it too.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

The website went live yesterday.

Site looks good man. I'll let people know at league next week. I'm sure there will be plenty of interest.

#12 10 years ago

I tell ya, if I weren't so busy working on my pins I'd be up there Friday nights.....and the basement aint finished either.

#13 10 years ago

Nicely done!

I think I'll have to head down there next weekend to support the effort.

Randy

#14 10 years ago

Thanks very much for the kind words!

I hope you can make it down sometime MustangPaul! Haven't seen you since the BBQ!

#15 10 years ago

Ended up actually playing myself last night with a few guys and had a blast. I actually beat Germany on World Cup Soccer and got grand champ! I have been so busy working on the website, advertising, and Facebook that I haven't played all that much! Glade I took the time to play!

#16 10 years ago

Very cool! I'll try to stop by for a few games next time I'm up in MN visiting my parents.

#17 10 years ago

Awsome. Thanks for helping to keep pinball in the wild alive.

#18 10 years ago

Thank you very much! It's been very rewarding watching others enjoy them.

#19 10 years ago

Definitely fun stuff. Stopped in there just to check it out and Tony and Steve happened to be there. Talked a bit, played a few games. Really nice setup and so close to home for me. Nice to have something like this in the East Metro so I don't have to always drive 40 minutes one way to get to play a couple pins.

#20 10 years ago

Had several people come down tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

1 week later
#21 10 years ago

Stopped in and enjoyed playing tonight.
Sharkey's Shootout is my personal favorite of your pins.
Thanks!

#22 10 years ago

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you enjoyed yourself! I also really like Sharkey's.

3 months later
#23 10 years ago

Coming soon to our lineup is The Addams Family! We are in the shop and restoration process! Expect to see Addams in early April!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#24 10 years ago

Also available today is our new way to make us aware of any issues you may have while playing. Simply scan the game specific code on the price card and you will be directed to our ticket system! Your help will allow us to better troubleshoot any issue you may have that we have missed.

You can also scan the QR code on the price card to get an updated status on any known issues or pending repairs.

Thanks again!

Tony & Chris
East Side Pinball

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-253.jpgimage-253.jpg

#25 10 years ago

That's a really cool idea. Hope to play next time I end up across the river.

#26 10 years ago

That's pretty slick. I could see lots of places doing that.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from policano:

As some of you know, I have brought several of my game from my home collection to location

That is awesome! Down here in the Madison WI area, some collectors are putting some pins on location. They go in Tuesday April 1st.... and that is no joke! The TAF they are putting in is just Glad it is working out and I plan to swing by when up there for Pinball BBQ in May!

#29 9 years ago

Goin' to have to swing on by one of these days and play Sharkey's Shootout and get some more time on Taxi!

#30 9 years ago

I've spent some time with the family playing your pins... Good times! I've convinced myself that I need to acquire a Star Trek too... Soon!

#31 9 years ago

I have bookmarked your website. Next time I get up to the metro area I will get that address in the Garmin. Looks like you are doing a great job.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Also available today is our new way to make us aware of any issues you may have while playing. Simply scan the game specific code on the price card and you will be directed to our ticket system! Your help will allow us to better troubleshoot any issue you may have that we have missed.
You can also scan the QR code on the price card to get an updated status on any known issues or pending repairs.
Thanks again!
Tony & ChrisEasy Side Pinball

image.jpg 145 KB
image-253.jpg 160 KB

Thats pretty impressive. Wish all Owner/OPs had your dedication to keep machines working correctly.

#34 9 years ago

will definitely be stopping by at some point and really like your ticketing system for repairs and whatnot. Nicely done!

#36 9 years ago

I can affirm that Tony is an extremely attentive operator, his machines are well maintained.

#37 9 years ago

A friend of a friend has become a regular pinball player after joining us for some games some months back at Sun Ray.

#38 9 years ago

Thank you all so much! It's very much appreciated.

#39 9 years ago

Really looking forward to a trip to the cities so I can visit your place along with the other couple places. Sounds like you pins are immaculate!

#40 9 years ago

Made a new cover photo for Facebook.

121Pin.gif121Pin.gif
#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really looking forward to a trip to the cities

Hey this is my Territory! Get your own! You can have a place in IL!

#46 9 years ago

Hey Guys, I ended up retiring the Taxi back to HOME USE and I have picked up Johnny Mnemonic. Its beautiful with LEDs and I am having the CAB fade issues corrected. Will be at East Side Pinball this weekend or the next.

JM.pngJM.png
#47 9 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic is playing awesome! Working on Cab and will add to lineup!

JMFaceBook.jpgJMFaceBook.jpg
1 week later
#48 9 years ago

Good Evening Pinsiders!

We are extremely proud to bring to you PinBowl 2014 at East Side Pinball! Free Play Pinball, Unlimited Cosmic Thunder Bowling, Shoes, Pizza, Unlimited Soda, IFPA Tournament, and hopefully an enjoyable time with our community.

$20.00

Please visit our website www.eastsidepinball.com for details and registration. Due to space, we are limited to only so many spots.

Please help make this a great event on the East Side!

PinBowlFB.jpgPinBowlFB.jpg

#49 9 years ago

I'm working on adding even more games for the PinBowl.

#50 9 years ago

That sounds pretty cool, let me know if you want a hand with things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/east-side-pinball-saint-paul-minnesota and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.